Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 636, 637, 638 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I put my hand in the pool the other day and nearly got frostbite, So I won't be putting my head in anytime soon!

This has a movie half way down that shows how it works, the mask stays fairly clear due to the design of the inner chambers, it circulates the air to prevent fogging. I'll buy some anti fog spray too.

http://www.outsidepursuits.com/best-snorkel-mask/

I bought these ones. Great service. They were waiting on the large size, I told them I needed them before this Friday, (this was last Wednesday) and they said they were due to come I. Tuesday, but if they didn't arrive they would send the medium to make sure I got it. They sent both on Tuesday and I got them via courier yesterday morning, free delivery.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRIBORD-vs-SNORKELPRO-EASYBREATH-Full-Face-Mask-Snorkel-GoPro-60-day-warranty-/322200484923?var=&hash=item4b04a53c3b:m:mI9kqj1cKyTMWAdMyLh_Q3Q

The only thing the add doesn't have is a size guide, but I found that on another add. Basically measure from your eyebrows to your chin.

Apparently they are not good if you want to duck dive a lot, but they are great for surface swimming. Hawaii has a lot of beaches where you can go off the shore and swim over coral. Last time I was swimming with massive sea turtles in 3 feet of water. I'm pretty good with a snorkel but constantly thinking about breathing technique is exhausting! And hubby never snorkels for long as he's not a really strong swimmer. We both found it easy to breathe. Might be different under water, but the reviews are great.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Ta for that,

I find snorkelling easy. Neither of my kids are strong swimmers but the first time we all went, they got the hang of it in minutes.

All you basically have to do is lie flat face down in the water and kick the legs gently enough to keep moving and stay horizontal. I suppose i had plenty of practice floating in the Murray river, I used to walk to the town beach and swim the 1km thereabouts back to the boat ramp, mainly just floating with the current and using breast stroke and then backstroke when my arms got tired.

Good luck with them

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:33 pm

Yeah I'm good at it, so are the kids, but Then we are all really good confident swimmers! Rod isn't a very strong swimmer. It's only when i duck dive a lot it gets tiring! Mainly I just like new toys! I also like the GoPro mount cos you can aim it the same direction and your eyes are looking., but keeps your hands free.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:09 pm

I'm a very good swimmer just can't control my gag reflex!! Sad

Hope you find the full face good - I got one and tried it out but I couldn't see a thing and it was damn uncomfortable after not long so decided to pass.

I'll just watch and that will be fine - I'll be able to see what hubby sees via GoPro if I want.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:12 pm

FMD,

Heard back from the concreter who's been trying for a week to get permission from the local council to access my back yard from the park next door.

Simple really, unlock the chain, drive in along the fence line, take out a panel of fence, do the work, out the fence back, clean up any tire marks etc, leave.

Dear oh lord they make it hard. Need copies of building permits (already filed with them) a $200 deposit on each panel of concrete in the footpath that the truck will be driving over in case they break it Rolling Eyes and now they're talking about a traffic management plan and a parks and gardens permit.

Really? A traffic management plan ? A parks and gardens permit for a park that consists of a few gum trees and some weeds that all die in summer anyway? The only frikken maintenance the council does in there is mow the weeds in spring.

Seriously it would be easier to build a frikken Mosque in my back yard.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:45 pm

I ordered "wings of a magpie" through the Collingwood Football Club, because I'd rather do the right thing by the club than order it from other sauces (sic).

This was on. August 24.

Between now and then, other places sell out. Namely one who advertises on facebook which was the group I was going to get it from originally. But thought no, I'll do it by the pies.

Today I get an email, due to a production issue they won't be able to supply. Naturally most other places are sold out, and they will give me $20 off other Swan memorabilia.

I don't like any of the other stuff. It's too full on.

Oh well, I'll wait for my refund now and spend the money on merchandise at the Circuit of the Americas in October. Their loss.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Bloody elbow.

Finished taking the fibreglass off the roof of the old gazebo before knocking it down, using the cordless drill to take out the screws didn't do the tennis elbow any good at all. Could barely pick up the sledgehammer in the right hand to knock the last piece of wall frame apart, had to use my left hand. Trying to pick up anything over roughly 2kg hurts. Mad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:35 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Bloody elbow.

Finished taking the fibreglass off the roof of the old gazebo before knocking it down, using the cordless drill to take out the screws didn't do the tennis elbow any good at all. Could barely pick up the sledgehammer in the right hand to knock the last piece of wall frame apart, had to use my left hand. Trying to pick up anything over roughly 2kg hurts. Mad

So no wanking? Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:39 pm

I'm reasonably ambidextrous. Wink

Not naturally mind you, I had to teach my left hand to do things I want.

And let me recalculate that weight. I just lifted the lid off the crockpot to stir dinner, lifting that with 3 fingers hurt. Evil or Very Mad

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Bloody elbow.

Finished taking the fibreglass off the roof of the old gazebo before knocking it down, using the cordless drill to take out the screws didn't do the tennis elbow any good at all.
Could barely pick up the sledgehammer in the right hand to knock the last piece of wall frame apart, had to use my left hand. Trying to pick up anything over roughly 2kg hurts. Mad

So Devoran is your renovation assistant I presume? Shocked

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:53 pm

piedys wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Bloody elbow.

Finished taking the fibreglass off the roof of the old gazebo before knocking it down, using the cordless drill to take out the screws didn't do the tennis elbow any good at all.
Could barely pick up the sledgehammer in the right hand to knock the last piece of wall frame apart, had to use my left hand. Trying to pick up anything over roughly 2kg hurts. Mad

So Devoran is your renovation assistant I presume? Shocked

nah, 60kg American Bulldog who was a council worker in a past life.

He makes sure he positions himself perfectly to be right in the road all the time, then critiques the work by either shitting or pissing on it. Confused

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:36 am

Trying to post a photo from my iphone - "file is too big, limit is 50kb". Mad
What size file is a photo on an iphone??

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:38 am

When is x What size file not a photo on an iphone?
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:49 am

And you piss me off too, HAL.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:52 am

Calm down. That was not my intention, King Monkey.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 636, 637, 638 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 637 of 719   

Jump to: