Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 630, 631, 632 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The letter by his dad was pretty poor too, then the mothers comment about how this will ruin his life, blah blah blah. What about the girl who has to deal with this the rest of her life? And they think he has it rough?

That "20 minutes of action." has helped ruin a girls life, rather than worrying about this being his first time, maybe feel ashamed that he did this and has been charged with it and ruined his own damn life and scarred some poor girl for it as well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:29 am

luvdids wrote:
Having a sexual conviction is against their code of conduct, seems to be a standard rule, not just for him. Plus, he should be in jail until he's too old to be on it anyway.

100% this
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:29 am

Not being able to watch an AFL game, on FTA television, on a Saturday afternoon, in rural NSW.

Thanks Rupert Rolling Eyes

MM

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:31 am

The Prototype wrote:
The letter by his dad was pretty poor too, then the mothers comment about how this will ruin his life, blah blah blah. What about the girl who has to deal with this the rest of her life? And they think he has it rough?

That "20 minutes of action." has helped ruin a girls life, rather than worrying about this being his first time, maybe feel ashamed that he did this and has been charged with it and ruined his own damn life and scarred some poor girl for it as well.

The victims statement Is epic.

Hopefully a decent judge will see it and overturn the sentence. It's the states after all, anything could happen.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:36 pm

ronrat wrote:
It is not far from the Bridge on the River Kwai et al.I declined to go and went to the waterfalls instead.UNESCO need to put a bogus report that eating tiger parts causes serious health issues. Like impotence. The Thais themselves don't seem to care. It took a lot to help the heffalumps as well.

Never went either RR - and yep need to tell em it shrivels their manhood!! What news do you see - seems from what I read they are planning to sue the Thai government and there is a suggestion relocated tigers may be returned - is there much ( any) local interest?

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:29 pm

Morrigu wrote:
ronrat wrote:
It is not far from the Bridge on the River Kwai et al.I declined to go and went to the waterfalls instead.UNESCO need to put a bogus report that eating tiger parts causes serious health issues. Like impotence. The Thais themselves don't seem to care. It took a lot to help the heffalumps as well.

Never went either RR - and yep need to tell em it shrivels their manhood!! What news do you see - seems from what I read they are planning to sue the Thai government and there is a suggestion relocated tigers may be returned - is there much ( any) local interest?

It is hard to say what is the truth given the political state. Cambodia have no tigers left and want some but they have knocked over all the forest for hardwood and there would be no game for them. But suing the Government is likely to see the church V Military. The problem is the Thais have spent zillions trying to get Chinese and Korean tourists here and they want to see Tigers. Those 5 day tourists who get herded from Chinese/korean shops to same same restaurants. And Western backpacker types don't help. Paying money to look after animals. When they run out of animals the organisations poach.

The best bet would be a wildlife reserve for them but that will require land acquisition. They managed it with the elephants near the Cambodian border with military patrols with shoot on sight rules but Tigers probably need different terrain. Yet still you see the odd baby elephant walked around bars.

I try to talk to Asians about it but they just counter with "You shoot Kangaroos. Our Tigers, we need to make a living'.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:33 pm

ronrat wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
ronrat wrote:

It is hard to say what is the truth given the political state. Cambodia have no tigers left and want some but they have knocked over all the forest for hardwood and there would be no game for them. But suing the Government is likely to see the church V Military. The problem is the Thais have spent zillions trying to get Chinese and Korean tourists here and they want to see Tigers. Those 5 day tourists who get herded from Chinese/korean shops to same same restaurants. And Western backpacker types don't help. Paying money to look after animals. When they run out of animals the organisations poach.

The best bet would be a wildlife reserve for them but that will require land acquisition. They managed it with the elephants near the Cambodian border with military patrols with shoot on sight rules but Tigers probably need different terrain. Yet still you see the odd baby elephant walked around bars.

I try to talk to Asians about it but they just counter with "You shoot Kangaroos. Our Tigers, we need to make a living'.

Couldn't agree more with all you say! The best way to genuinely conserve so the experts say is to make the animals worth more alive than dead which may well be right and this can also provide employment and income for the locals but what do you do about changing the Asians attitude to using these beautiful animals as traditional medicine ingredients or status symbols like Rhino horn has become? It's as ingrained as the septics attachment to their guns! 😥

Similiar argument re dog meat - you eat beef, lamb and we can hardly preach we have wiped out more species than anyone else on the earth - it's just so depressing!!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:37 pm

I'm not sure if I would like to try to talk to Asians about it but they counter with You shoot Kangaroos. What's it like?
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:18 am

Couldn't agree more with all you say! The best way to genuinely conserve so the experts say is to make the animals worth more alive than dead which may well be right and this can also provide employment and income for the locals but what do you do about changing the Asians attitude to using these beautiful animals as traditional medicine ingredients or status symbols like Rhino horn has become? It's as ingrained as the septics attachment to their guns! 😥

Similiar argument re dog meat - you eat beef, lamb and we can hardly preach we have wiped out more species than anyone else on the earth - it's just so depressing!![/quote]

I would love to see a country like Laos being given a ton of money to provide reserves.The problem is the Chinese who want to dam the mekong and would not care about poachers either. Perhaps we need to tell the Chinese that cane toads give you a hard on.The treatment here of domesticated animals isn't great either due to strays but those who are loved are treated like children.It is a curates egg.

The aussie drunk bogan in Bangla Road getting a photo with a drugged Loris or monkey are no help/My answer is can you make sandwich and I pay.They stay away.

Best one I saw was a spider monkey a Swedish bar owner bloke paid for off a tourist tout. .The little fella lived in the bar but was taken to a small jungle once a week. He would only take small coins and made enough to pay his way. He was a happy little soul and would take his pittance down to the fruit man (and patrons made up the rest). The owner retired to the bush and took him with him. But these stories are rare.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:57 am

Awareness needs to be raised in western countries. People actually believe those tigers are tame, and that elephants want to give rides. Pissed off a few friends when I've come across their holiday snaps!

I saw a bit of a documentary about efforts in Africa to make it more profitable to keep their wild animals alive and wild.

Apparently trip advisor are sifting out any recommendations to attractions that abuse/degrade animals. Got to be a good thing.

Even in Asia though, the attitude is apparently changing, read a story last week of a animal welfare agency who managed to get a resturaunt owner to stop cooking 20-60 dogs a day (that figure is mind boggling) and changing to a vegetarian noodle place instead. That's a lot of dogs. where do they all go? (Apparently dog theft is a roaring trade?) a few years ago I donated to a place that neutered dogs free.

It's too slow, but you have to remember that starfish on the beach. Make a difference step by step.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:57 pm

WTF and pissed off

Lock him up

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/31866420/teen-referees-eye-socket-jaw-fractured-as-out-of-control-parent-attacks-during-junior-rugby-league-match-in-sydney/

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:19 am

people shit me

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-22/rio-2016-jaguar-used-in-olympic-torch-event-killed-in-brazil/7531676

shit like this will keep happening until humans realize animals are not here purely for our entertainment. he should never have been in the situation where this could happen

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:10 pm

DFAT - "reconsider your need to travel" - buggar - can't really ignore that Sad
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:50 pm

So for the last 25+ years I've been living here, every election I can walk through the park next door up to the community centre and vote.

This year I was out in the morning so drove past on the way home to see how busy it was....................not open.

Closed. Not open. No one there.

What brain dead phuktard decided it would be clever to close regular polling booths all of a sudden? Mad Had to load the old girl into the car and drive to a local primary school and queue for 30+ minutes. Twisted Evil

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:03 pm

I was meant to do team photos for New Norfolk this morning I get there, Ben wasn't there, so I get a message I have to ask for Jon, so we went back and he was getting a rub down apparently.... Okay, no more needs to be said there.

Went back at half time, and the guy siad he was going to go get Jon, they shut the door in my face. I message Ben, nothing, no communication. I didn't want to go to Boyer today, but I did so as I made a promise to do photos...

I'm beyond pissed off being dicked around again by another club.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 630, 631, 632 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 631 of 719   

Jump to: