Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 628, 629, 630 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

luvdids wrote:
Hypocrites. As always, hypocrites piss me off.

No one dares to post anything even slightly off topic in RIP threads, or have a not too complimentary opinion about the deceased, yet, if a whole plane goes missing and kills over 60 people, that's seemingly ok to post some crap attempt at humour.

It does seem like an odd double standard, though we're all guilty of hypocrisy from time to time. Might it be the old Stalin quote? One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic. Sad See Hiroshima thread.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:58 am

David wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Hypocrites. As always, hypocrites piss me off.

No one dares to post anything even slightly off topic in RIP threads, or have a not too complimentary opinion about the deceased, yet, if a whole plane goes missing and kills over 60 people, that's seemingly ok to post some crap attempt at humour.

It does seem like an odd double standard, though we're all guilty of hypocrisy from time to time. Might it be the old Stalin quote? One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic. Sad See Hiroshima thread.

lots of double standards here though David.

i see them too, and i remember them from loooong ago, but choose not to troll them, (others did it for me on occasion anyway!). and no that's not directed at you David!! you are far from a troll, more an innocent pull in on this one!

on subject though, i guess the difference is once its confirmed, once the names are out there, its a whole lot more real. a personal RIP thread to me is sacred (and yes i did slip once). if someone knows someone on that plane, i apologize for my insensitivity.

otherwise, troll away! i couldn't give a shit!

Last edited by think positive on Sat May 21, 2016 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:00 am

Does anyone ever really knows someone on that plane he or she apologize for his or her insensitivity?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:01 am

What pisses me off? Self-righteous political zealots on Facebook (Stui and Wokko will know what I'm referring to). I just got unfriended by one of them and unfriended the other – not sure I've ever met such unreasonable people.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:37 am

David wrote:
What pisses me off? Self-righteous political zealots on Facebook (Stui and Wokko will know what I'm referring to). I just got unfriended by one of them and unfriended the other – not sure I've ever met such unreasonable people.

Self righteous people full stop. I try to keep away from debating politics religion etc on Facebook now, man people say dumb things, do they not realise that record is permanent?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:43 am

David wrote:

Did one of them rant at me? Took every ounce of self control not to go nuclear on her, I thought ignoring the obvious provocation would cause the most existential pain Laughing
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:45 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Are they less dead if we don't laugh?

Never heard the expression 'too soon'?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Wokko wrote:
David wrote:

Did one of them rant at me? Took every ounce of self control not to go nuclear on her, I thought ignoring the obvious provocation would cause the most existential pain Laughing

Actually I quite like Ali even though you guys obviously didn't hit it off. Laughing it was the other two who are now thankfully departed from my Facebook feed. A pair of true believers if I ever met any. Rolling Eyes

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:08 pm

It's so (*&^%^& cold
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I can't stand it

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:16 pm

think positive wrote:
Self righteous people full stop. I try to keep away from debating politics religion etc on Facebook now, man people say dumb things, do they not realise that record is permanent?

It's hard to truly debate anything on Facebook without someone being a dick about it all. I grew fed up with going onto sports pages,and news pages trying to discuss things and then getting the idiotic comments...same with some sports groups.

Spend most of the time depating all these subjects in a group chat with friends who know how to debate and have fun without going over the top. Otherwise I stay well clear of it all.

Though a smartass remark here and there to someone posting stupid shit on statuses can be fun....Until a friend gets shitty. Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:51 am

I must have some serious jet lag. I feel ok despite being awake for 28 hours so far, but ive got lost twice already walking around El Paso.

Funny joint, so quiet on the stretts its quite strange

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:57 am

Surely your lost here too!

How could you be pissed off!!

Getting lost is half the fun, meet new people
Not sure about the quiet streets though- maybe keep an eye out for any guys sitting crossed leg in a poncho, you don't want to get ambushed!

https://youtu.be/VP7IUVmPuY8

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:52 am

Getting bathroom renovation done currently.

I think I might have got O'Reilly Mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKaQLYPf5hM

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:21 am

Hehe can't be that bad!
What are you having done?

I was pissed off when I ventured in to the roof space on Sunday, to discover only about 40% has insulation. I did the walls of the whole house myself, so I know they are really well packed. Somehow the roof space got missed. My eldest has been whinging since we moved in 7 years ago about cold in winter, hot in summer. I even got the heater guy out to check the venting wasn't blocked to her room last winter (actually he was here for something else, but I got him to check that too!) and bought her a small space heater and fan for summer!

So I nagged hubby to check the vent again, he says I took the divider out completely (zone divider) but by the way, there is no insulation over her room. Blame is a waste of time, surfice to say, her room is now about 5 degrees warmer, even when the heater has been off all day! I got up there to help distribute the batts, junior passed them to me. I discovered we need a couple more packs, and I'm betting the nagging wife gets them installed by this weekend! Grrrr all that wasted power over the years

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:49 am

Renovating a whole bathroom circa ? mid 40's. New separate shower (was in the bath), new bath repositioned, new toilet, new vanity, floor to ceiling tiles, not enough space for a walk in shower,. The only place that has remained untouched by renovations in the house's 60-70 year existence. (Double brick & art deco'ish style with metal windows.

The guy wants us to make split second decisions & I've had to delay him on this.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 628, 629, 630 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 629 of 719   

Jump to: