Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 625, 626, 627 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
This pales into insignificance compared to the above.

Building garden beds & banged in some short star pickets to hold in the timber borders. Made a mental note that these things are dangerous & need to get some more yellow caps so they can be seen.

Then I skunned my left shin with blood pouring out. Had to take my muddy boots off then go upstairs to the bathroom with blood oozing down lower leg. made another mental note: should shave my legs - which I've never done before: one flannel & 6 bandaids later it stopped the oozing.

Million dollar idea those yellow caps
Star pickets and tow balls have claimed their fair pound of flesh from my shins too.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:38 pm

^

Learning to watch where you're walking also has benefits. Wink

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Perving from building sites and car parks are to blame for 90%, poor education is to blame for the other 15%.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:11 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Pffft! Nah, I try, I still fall down!
When I get around to posting the obstasplash videos there is a really good one of me trying to leap onto a cushion ramp thing and managing to trip on the mat and face plant!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:12 pm

watt price tully wrote:
This pales into insignificance compared to the above.

Building garden beds & banged in some short star pickets to hold in the timber borders. Made a mental note that these things are dangerous & need to get some more yellow caps so they can be seen.

Then I skunned my left shin with blood pouring out. Had to take my muddy boots off then go upstairs to the bathroom with blood oozing down lower leg. made another mental note: should shave my legs - which I've never done before: one flannel & 6 bandaids later it stopped the oozing.

Those star pickets are evil things!

And thankyou for your good wishes, very much appreciated Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:30 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Pffft! Nah, I try, I still fall down!
When I get around to posting the obstasplash videos there is a really good one of me trying to leap onto a cushion ramp thing and managing to trip on the mat and face plant!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Reminds me of a few months back I was cleaning up down the side of the house and got the feet locked in some junk. Not a good feeling when you can't move the feet and you over balance. All I could do as I went over like a falling tree was put the arms out to break the fall, grit my teeth and wait for the cracking sound of the wrists breaking.

Lucky the bones are OK and all I did was knocked some skin off. Wink

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:43 pm

The shit in my life has well and truly hit the fan. My now ex partner of 10 years took off for 3 weeks ago leaving me to look after our daughter (I'm the only one who looks after her anyway). Last night she called police to get me kicked out of the house saying I was smashing things up, they left after seeing I wasn't. Now apparently she's coming back with some guy to kick me out of the house. My daughter is staying with my mum at the moment so I'm going to head down there too rather than cause a confrontation and head to the courts tomorrow morning for an AVO, can't think of anything else to do.

Sometimes rock bottom is even further than you thought it was.

I was willing to move out tomorrow into a rental, not make any claims on assets and have my daughter 5 nights a week. I thought that would be enough to keep the peace. It seems not. Guess I've got a fight on my hands instead. Pissed off doesn't begin to describe the shit place I'm in right now.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:43 pm

^ sorry to hear that, Wokko – hope it gets resolved quickly and as amicably as possible given the circumstances. Horrible situation to be in.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:20 pm

Sorry to hear it Wokka,

I must have misinterpreted past threads as I thought you were already separated from your daughters mother and already had pretty much sole care of your daughter.

Anyway, hope it all works out. This may not seem helpful now but I personally reckon better to be single than in a bad relationship.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:24 pm

I've had sole care in that she does nothing either for our daughter or around the house, we've been living together in a terminal relationship. I was already working to move out and this all happened. I've also dodged around things a bit because I'm not normally someone who likes to put my shit out there, but I like to think of the VPT as a bit of a 'safe space' Laughing that doesn't leak too much onto the broader internet.

The really shit thing is I've just been accepted for Uni up here in Ballarat, but not sure I want to stay up here now all this is going on. I was already exhausted and now I have to fight on.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:39 pm

My advice, FWIW is that you'd made the decision to move there and to start uni, stick with that.

Your daughter is at school up there, let her settle and make some friends.

You've started competing at a gym, doing your martial arts, Keep it going.

Life doesn't end because a relationship does, you've started fashioning a life there for you and your daughter, if these are the things you want in your life, don't throw them away.

I was in a terminal relationship, trying to make it work. In hindsight the best thing she ever did for me was to leave.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:51 pm

I know, I've started building up here but she went to school for 3 years in Geelong, so she'd just be picking up her old friends. Same with the martial arts, I'd just be going back to my old Gym. Thanks for the advice though, helps to hear from someone who's been in my shoes (or close enough).
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:35 pm

Giving advice is easy, it's actually making decisions when your mind is scattered that is hard and not all advice is good advice.

You have to make you own calls, but one thing I do believe is don't go backwards unless there's a good reason. The past is a great place to visit in your mind, but things were never as good as we like to remember. Better to choose a path and move forward.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about your circumstances, Wokko. Ignore what follows, if it isn't helpful.

In case it does help, my recollection is that you weren't at all complimentary about Geelong when you were planning to leave there and I wonder whether you're likely to improve things for yourself and your daughter by heading back there, or just make yourself unhappier? If you haven't already done so, you might want to think carefully about why you were so negative about Geelong before re-embracing it. It may be that the things that made it unpleasant for you in Geelong have all changed but, if they haven't, then, would it be a good call to go back?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:00 pm

Thanks P4S + SM, you're probably right it's just hard to make rational decisions with this all hanging over my head. Going to get legal advice tomorrow anyway and try and find my way through this with the best outcome for my daughter.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 625, 626, 627 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 626 of 719   

Jump to: