Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 612, 613, 614 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

How big a bag of rubbish are you talking about?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:40 pm

^A household-sized one, like a white kitchen rubbish bag (i.e., not a small grocery bag or a large black garbage bag, but something in between).

Riubbish bins suffer from the same issues; some places have them, some don't, because leasing a bin is also privatised and divvied up between god knows how many companies, and if you go to the trouble of getting one, people will just dump rubbish in that to avoid paying if it's not locked away from both neighbours and tenants.

As you know, the geography is quite different from Australia, with much less privacy (unless you're a billionaire or live out a bit).

So, people just dump rubbish to avoid buying the bags, and even when they get the right bags, they put them out on the wrong days because different companies collect different types of rubbish on different days Rolling Eyes

Now, having done 387 searches and made 12 calls, I have worked this out, but it's ridiculously confusing for everyone, with each bag costing well over 3 euros each including the bag for recyclables.

As explained, some services do much worse privatised because they're essential and for the good of the whole, need a clear line of accountability to work, have little product variation, and cost more to divvy up betweeb n providers.

I am beside myself because it's so obvious rubbish collection is one of those services, and only a completely careless moron, or disingenuous git trying to get a private contract, would even imagine this BS could work to the betterment of the city.

Tony Soprano's waste disposal company couldn't have "persuaded" the Dublin Council for a worse system!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:34 am

I don't know never been there, they would shoot me on site anyhow

Your life must be pretty good if rubbish bags have you beside yourself

(God help us all one is more than enough!)

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:28 am

^Haha, not personally, but from a political POV. When you move a lot, you see the flaws in places really quickly. Everywhere has its blind spots, but I can sense that here people are being belted by BS from on high. I've toured some horror suburbs and can just see the abandonment.

As someone who studied urban geography at uni, I have kept a keen interest in cities ever since.

I took a quick snap of this filth as I caught the bus at one of the biggest bus stops in the centre of town. Of course, you can find abandoned places in any city, but it's where this was, right in front of people in the heart of town, that really infuriated me. AFAIC, it's use it or lose it for this sort of shite; you've got an effing week to clean it up or the property is reclaimed by the city:

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/files/abandoned_dublin_1.jpg
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:02 am

find the ^&*^*% who did the graffiti that looks so bloody awful, trace his tag and make the bastard clean up his mess and the rest of it. Can always threaten to shoot his kneecaps, or give him the "Glasgow smile" if he wants to cry to his mum about his precious rights.

I hate seeing rubbish like that too. Check out the beach at the end of the day, it's disgusting, people are lazy pigs. Take it with you. And graffiti just shits me, most of it is just stupid tags, it's messy and horrible.

Do they have rubbish bins in the streets? I've never been there, so I don't get what your saying.

(And before my dear friend blows a gasket at me, when I finally get to go back to England, I'd like to do a bit of a tour, I might even go and get abused by some Scottish folk as well as our Irish cousins!)

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:05 am

Come to Thailand. Go to 7-11 (or anyone else ). They sell one banana. In a plastic bag. So you buy that and say a drink. They just hit you with not only plastic bags but straws n plastic bags. I hand them back and they look at me silly. You watch the Thais and Bags are just thrown away. I sent 10 shopping bags to Boom a few years ago and they are now used for pig feed. Here garbage collection is also paid for. Monthly. The fights are quite common.

But then again about 7 years ago when I was in Caulfield North I was was walking along and a woman pushed her bin to the kerb. A milk bottle fell out so I picked it it up and put it back in her bin. She came flying out of her house and yelled, screamed, abused me. The Russian woman (and I assume Jewish) was yelling at me in languages I was unfamiliar with. In the end her neighbour who had witnessed all this told her to calm down. She wouldn't. "You put back where you get you bastard. leave my bin alone". So I walked back and threw it on on her nature strip. It took a lot of convincing from all her neighbours that I had actually picked it up. She rang the cops as well. As I walked off off I heard her next door neighbour say "Anna, you are trying to give us a bad name".

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:14 am

ronrat wrote:
Come to Thailand. Go to 7-11 (or anyone else ). They sell one banana. In a plastic bag. So you buy that and say a drink. They just hit you with not only plastic bags but straws n plastic bags. I hand them back and they look at me silly. You watch the Thais and Bags are just thrown away. I sent 10 shopping bags to Boom a few years ago and they are now used for pig feed. Here garbage collection is also paid for. Monthly. The fights are quite common.

But then again about 7 years ago when I was in Caulfield North I was was walking along and a woman pushed her bin to the kerb. A milk bottle fell out so I picked it it up and put it back in her bin. She came flying out of her house and yelled, screamed, abused me. The Russian woman (and I assume Jewish) was yelling at me in languages I was unfamiliar with. In the end her neighbour who had witnessed all this told her to calm down. She wouldn't. "You put back where you get you bastard. leave my bin alone". So I walked back and threw it on on her nature strip. It took a lot of convincing from all her neighbours that I had actually picked it up. She rang the cops as well. As I walked off off I heard her next door neighbour say "Anna, you are trying to give us a bad name".

Yeah it cracks me up the way people carry on about their bins! Maybe they watch too much CSI and are worried people will put body parts in them! Two of my neighbours were away at Christmas, I was feeding ones dog, and put his bins out, so I tossed my Christmas party rubbish in his bin, and the other crap in the other neighbours bin! And yeah, I felt guilty! Strange!

Years ago before the trucks we got a letter from the Garbo asking us to clean our bin because it stunk! Hehe, how embarrassing!

The rubbish on the streets and beach in Bali really put me off, driving through the hills, bags of rubbish. I don't get how people do it. Just filthy buggers, pigs are cleaner.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:29 am

pietillidie wrote:
^Haha, not personally, but from a political POV. When you move a lot, you see the flaws in places really quickly. Everywhere has its blind spots, but I can sense that here people are being belted by BS from on high. I've toured some horror suburbs and can just see the abandonment.

As someone who studied urban geography at uni, I have kept a keen interest in cities ever since.

I took a quick snap of this filth as I caught the bus at one of the biggest bus stops in the centre of town. Of course, you can find abandoned places in any city, but it's where this was, right in front of people in the heart of town, that really infuriated me. AFAIC, it's use it or lose it for this sort of shite; you've got an effing week to clean it up or the property is reclaimed by the city:

As someone who loves abandoned buildings, I actually like that aesthetic. It's one of the things I like about Melbourne (Canberra unfortunately has no graffiti or disused urban spaces to speak of). I understand that not everyone shares my tastes though. Laughing

I agree though that it's a problem if rubbish is turning up in public or residential places.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:55 am

David wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

As someone who loves abandoned buildings, I actually like that aesthetic. It's one of the things I like about Melbourne (Canberra unfortunately has no graffiti or disused urban spaces to speak of). I understand that not everyone shares my tastes though. Laughing

I agree though that it's a problem if rubbish is turning up in public or residential places.

Abandoned buildings could be used for the greater good, like housing for the homeless, just clean up all the shit. Nothing wrong with old architecture, or even abandoned new ones, but put them to good use. Rubbish turning up any where is a bad thing, unless it's a landfill. Decay is only useful in a compost heap.

The old bradmill stack you can see from the Westgate used to be an icon, now it's just an eyesore thanks to the stupid thugs who have defaced it and smashed it.

There is a site for old shopping malsl somewhere in the U.S. That have been transformed, I'll try and find it later.

found it!!

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/03/a-new-life-for-dead-malls/387001/

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:52 pm

Talking about rubbish. Just finished a long run that took me past 3 fast food outlets. You know when you're approaching one, the empty boxes, wrappers and bottles start to appear on the verge and continue another 100m past.
They don't care about what they put in their mouths so should we really expect them to place rubbish in a bin?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:08 pm

When your sphincter can't decide if it wants to be part of an anus or faucet.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Ummmm

Your backkkkkk!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:59 pm

Only if he's standing on his head when his bowels evacuate. Shocked Razz
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:05 pm

swoop42 wrote:
When your sphincter can't decide if it wants to be part of an anus or faucet.

Dodgy Vindaloo or KFC from Frankston?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:20 pm

I'm like a squid.

When threatened I squirt my ink.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 612, 613, 614 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 613 of 719   

Jump to: