Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 611, 612, 613 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Very Happy yeah it's a bit mental! I had travelled from Budapest to Germany and got on a train to get to Llubijana - night train - we had stopped for a few minutes didn't pay much attention - next thing the conductor appeared to check tickets - oops you are going to Budapest - WTF?? Just came from there!

He let me and a Chinese couple who wanted to go to Venice off at some little suburban station - absolutely deserted - thankfully there was a lovely Security guy who opened the waiting room for us and at 6am we caught the trains back to where we could connect with the trains to take us where we wanted to go Laughing

It's all good fun!!

Seriously though I have spent a lot of time travelling Europe in the past and mostly by train so if I can help or you just have questions just yell - I don't have all the answers by any means but may be able to give you have tips to help you have a great time.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:46 am

Morrigu wrote:
Seriously though I have spent a lot of time travelling Europe in the past and mostly by train so if I can help or you just have questions just yell - I don't have all the answers by any means but may be able to give you have tips to help you have a great time.

Here's me yelling, already! Wink

This is our trip:
London – Amsterdam – Frankfurt – Paris – Nice – Geneva – Venice – Florence – Rome

Europass, or leg by leg separate tickets? Or maybe you just want to book it all for me? Wink

edit: have worked out leg by leg at the booking early special prices and the pass works out cheaper. At least that's one decision made!
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:46 pm

luvdids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

This is our trip:
London – Amsterdam – Frankfurt – Paris – Nice – Geneva – Venice – Florence – Rome

Europass, or leg by leg separate tickets? Or maybe you just want to book it all for me? Wink

edit: have worked out leg by leg at the booking early special prices and the pass works out cheaper. At least that's one decision made!

I'd definitely go the pass for that trip - flexible travel days the 10 day option should cover it nicely! Spend the little bit extra and buy the 1st class option - its worth it it really is - never as crowded (so being able to get a seat is always easier - and there is definitely more leg room (I'm 6ft tall so that's important for me) and just generally more room for bags etc.

And nowhere near as much hassle as what happens on occasion in 2nd - especially if you are going in peak season. The conductors in first were pretty good at shall we say keeping the peace and making sure everyone had the right ticket to there Wink

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:04 am

Morrigu wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

This is our trip:

I'd definitely go the pass for that trip - flexible travel days the 10 day option should cover it nicely! Spend the little bit extra and buy the 1st class option - its worth it it really is - never as crowded (so being able to get a seat is always easier - and there is definitely more leg room (I'm 6ft tall so that's important for me) and just generally more room for bags etc.

And nowhere near as much hassle as what happens on occasion in 2nd - especially if you are going in peak season. The conductors in first were pretty good at shall we say keeping the peace and making sure everyone had the right ticket to there Wink

Definitely 1st class, I'm also 6ft - needless to say not looking forward to the 20+ hours on the plane... flying Emirates & they don't have Premium Economy, which I would've taken, and their business class is much too expensive. Cattle class here I come Crying or Very sad. Have booked front row so shouldn't be too bad.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:48 am

Bloody under 11's footy training. Evil or Very Mad
Who's the idiot that put their hand up to coach this unruly mob!!??!!!! Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing

It took 'em 3 goes to run 1 full lap together last night before we could even think about getting the footys out, with 3 of the little terrors sent around for a 4th lap for fighting with each other!!
They'll learn pretty quick smart not to mess with Coach Monkey! Wink Laughing

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:59 pm

luvdids wrote:
Definitely 1st class, I'm also 6ft - needless to say not looking forward to the 20+ hours on the plane... flying Emirates & they don't have Premium Economy, which I would've taken, and their business class is much too expensive. Cattle class here I come Crying or Very sad. Have booked front row so shouldn't be too bad.

Sad oh that is really not something to look forward to - I feel your pain! Have you got much of a stopover so that you can unfold for bit? Before they realised they could charge more used to always get an exit row cause I was a crit care nurse and so would be handy in an emergency (or so they thought Razz)

Didn't realise Emirates doesn't have premium economy (never flown with them) - they should get with program !!!! Best thing ever - cause as you say business class is ridiculous money - hell you can have another 2 weeks away with the money they charge !! Razz

When are you going?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:44 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Bloody under 11's footy training. Evil or Very Mad
Who's the idiot that put their hand up to coach this unruly mob!!??!!!! Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing

It took 'em 3 goes to run 1 full lap together last night before we could even think about getting the footys out, with 3 of the little terrors sent around for a 4th lap for fighting with each other!!
They'll learn pretty quick smart not to mess with Coach Monkey! Wink Laughing

LOL Make em do Indian file until they get it right. Razz

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:03 am

Morrigu wrote:
luvdids wrote:

Sad oh that is really not something to look forward to - I feel your pain! Have you got much of a stopover so that you can unfold for bit? Before they realised they could charge more used to always get an exit row cause I was a crit care nurse and so would be handy in an emergency (or so they thought Razz)

Didn't realise Emirates doesn't have premium economy (never flown with them) - they should get with program !!!! Best thing ever - cause as you say business class is ridiculous money - hell you can have another 2 weeks away with the money they charge !! Razz

When are you going?

Mhm. We stop in Dubai for a couple hours on way over and staying for 2 days on the way back. (Emirates had a special deal to stay in Dubai for 2 days at 5 star hotel for $60 per night, couldn't say no & will be a nice break to the trip on way home).

The A380 that Emirates use is set up for First & Business class up top & the whole lower deck is economy, whereas, say, QANTAS has economy & premium on lower deck with first & business up top.... I've been told this makes the economy cabin the roomiest ever so we'll see!!!

Land in London on July 20. Smile Then I'll be posting in what makes me happy (we have sort of hijacked this one, but nobody's complained... yet Wink)
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Back to what pisses me off...

Politicians playing games, state vs federal in particular.

Remember the fun when the Gillard Gov decided to reduce health funding half way through a financial year and the Vic Liberal government responded by slashing budgets?

No? I do. It sucked.

Welcome to the 2016 version, less dollars, more politics. Rolling Eyes

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Seriously just wanted 2 days off to do some cooking and freezing before we pull the kitchen out this weekend!

Bit of a delay till the new one goes in cause we have asbestos under the floor tiles and behind the splash back

But we have accreditation March so work is feral and out of office seems to mean if I ring you 150000 times you will eventually have to succumb!!

I want a gun ( which is good reason for restrictions Wink Shocked Razz )

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Seriously just wanted 2 days off to do some cooking and freezing before we pull the kitchen out this weekend!

Bit of a delay till the new one goes in cause we have asbestos under the floor tiles and behind the splash back

But we have accreditation March so work is feral and out of office seems to mean if I ring you 150000 times you will eventually have to succumb!!

I got this far and needed a drink, ugh.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Morrigu wrote:

Oh sucked in. The QPI drones are in their element and the world stops doing real work to frantically run in ever diminishing circles of paperwork.

I'll testify on your behalf at your trial, we'll get it down to justifiable homicide. Wink

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:40 am

Morrigu wrote:

I was on holidays at my parents place in Qld where they ran a post Office . a mixed business and school buses. My boss got hold of the phone number and he rang looking for me.I told him it was bad timing. Between 2 and 3 folks would ring with "I am oicking up my kid" "Fred is allowed to get off 2 stops earlier because of a birthday party " "Can you bring my mail and a loaf of bread" etc. He rang 5 times in 20 minutes and my Dad cracked it and told him to stop as it was disrupting Dads business. With that the Lt Colonel abused my father and called him all sorts of things to the point that Dad told him he would report him as it was the post office phone. He kept ringing over the next 2 days so the old man rang his local MP who was Minister for Communication. Telstra gave him a written warning about misuse of a telecommunication device and faxed it to him. I was none tp popular when I got back but told him that i wanted another 2 days off for him ruining my holiday.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:07 am

/\ hehe great story xx
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:27 am

Dublin's idiotic private rubbish bag system prevails yet again.

The landlord clears up the dumped rubbish on request from a few of us, so we start afresh. The next day, an unpaid, plain bag of rubbish appears at the top of the driveway.

Who put it there? Another tenant? A passer-by? The bloke next door?

Okay, so now I've got to get it, bring it to the front door, stick a sign on it, and hope someone does the right thing. If they don't, or if it was dumped there by an outsider, whoever likes the decaying smell least pays for the effing thing to be put in a proper bag.

Honestly, this is magical fairy privatisation at its effing finest.

Meanwhile, the supermarket trolley I dutifully marked and reported online sits there in the yard uncollected.

The utter BS people peddle to grab private contracts where they are clearly irrational and sub-optimal, to the detriment of the social whole, is bloody beyond me. The lost tourism dollars alone due to filth on the street would have paid for proper, systematic collection three times over. The dickwads behind this can eff off good and proper.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 611, 612, 613 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 612 of 719   

Jump to: