Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 597, 598, 599 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pregnant women in the work place are incredibly demanding - do they hand out a book of " my rights and entitlements" when pregnancy is confirmed Evil or Very Mad
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Pregnant women in the work place are incredibly demanding - do they hand out a book of " my rights and entitlements" when pregnancy is confirmed Evil or Very Mad

Interesting. Doesn't match with my general observations but I'm in a different area.

Pregnant nurses can be real self entitled princesses, especially the asian ones, but sedentary workers i've had no issues with. Recent examples include one who developed diabetes and other quite serious complications during pregnancy yet pushed herself to work as much as she could and a couple of others who just gutted it out to the end with nary a complaint. Even when one in particular looked like she'd swallowed a beach ball and walked like a drunk penguin, she just kept fronting up and doing her gig with a more positive outlook than several of those around her.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:10 pm

^ pregnant nurses that's the mob I was referring to!!

Edit cause you never know who is lurking

Last edited by Morrigu on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:27 pm

OK.

My thoughts on the fixed term arrangement would be that if it would have continued had she not gone on mat leave then she should be paid for it. If there was an end date and it wasn't to continue if she remained at work, then the answer is No.

Discuss with your HR people.

I had to do some stats recently on how long people took mat leave for now, with the option to extend for up to an extra 12 months and was surprised that the average is still not much more than 12 months.

The feedback I got from the department that deals with all mat leave applications (of which 90+% are wrong and need discussion and sorting out) was that the asians want to start mat leave really early and when that isn't an option tend to dive into the sick leave from around the 20-25 week mark so they can stay home prior to the birth.

The big PITA are the ones who back up, pop out 2-3 kids over 4 -5 years taking successive periods of mat leave with minimal if any return to work inbetween.

And yes I'm a mean old bastard. Razz

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:36 pm

^ cheers

I have and have little faith in em - that's why I asked you - that is a Morrigu compliment not given easily trust me Wink Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Hah, thank you.

That principle can be applied fairly widely unless an EBA directly contradicts it, which isn't often but it does happen, specifically with some allowances.

Basically it goes that if you would have got it at work, you get it on leave.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:11 pm

I don't get it. Why should anyone else have to pay for someone's personal lifestyle choice to have a baby? You want to have a baby, that's fine. Go right ahead. It's your choice. Pay for it your bloody self!

(And if you can't afford it, go without.)

PS: I would like to go to Europe for six months. It will cost a truckload less than having a baby does, and it's vital to my personal development as a whole person. Can I have 20 weeks off please? You are paying.)

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Nice couple of days in Marysville with the mother - power outage for 7 odd hours ( 1600- 2300) wasn't great especially when the rather large hotel we were staying in had no generator - no emergency lighting pitch black in the corridors and later the room couldn't see a thing - no torches and buggar all communication from management. Can't see how that meets any sort of safety regs especially given power outages are common, it's in a fire prone area and most of the clientele were elderly Confused

Thankfully the very nice restaurant over the road had a generator so we could eat - when I worked out how to get the one door that was remotely visible opened - then went door knocking to let the olds know - couple of diabetics who needed to be able to eat!!!! Only place in town - fair to say they did a roaring trade and the service and food was outstanding!!

Still got an email - no Mat leave for you! That should be in the what makes me happy thread!! Very Happy

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:15 pm

^ These times would be to the exact minute then.

Oh, sorry, wrong thread. Laughing

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:29 pm

^ well they would have been if I could have seen my bloody watch properly - I'm old ya know Wink Very Happy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Boobs
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Can't you think about anything else?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:54 pm

It's difficult Hal, Boobs are two of my favourite things.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Tell me about your likes and dislikes?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:58 pm

I like Boobs.

I also like Beer.

I dislike slow walks on the beach, unless it's slow because I'm carrying beer to a good place to sit down, relax and look at Boobs.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 597, 598, 599 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 598 of 719   

Jump to: