Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 588, 589, 590 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what pisses me off?? If I order a coffee with sugar in it, STIR THE DAMN THING!!! Swishing the cup in 2 circles is NOT stirring. Waving a spoon over it for a half circle is NOT stirring. Stir it properly so the sugar dissolves. That way it'll be drinkable from start to finish. Won't be bitter, bitter, bitter then all of a sudden syrup! Evil or Very Mad

I even had one woman tell me because it's raw sugar it just dissolves. No sunshine, it doesn't just dissolve, you have to stir it!!! Grrrr.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:46 am

luvdids wrote:
You know what pisses me off?? If I order a coffee with sugar in it, STIR THE DAMN THING!!! Swishing the cup in 2 circles is NOT stirring. Waving a spoon over it for a half circle is NOT stirring. Stir it properly so the sugar dissolves. That way it'll be drinkable from start to finish. Won't be bitter, bitter, bitter then all of a sudden syrup! Evil or Very Mad

I even had one woman tell me because it's raw sugar it just dissolves. No sunshine, it doesn't just dissolve, you have to stir it!!! Grrrr.

It's better without sugar, that way you can taste the coffee (unless it's a short black). Wink

I always offer a person I'm seeing (where I can) a cup of tea/coffee/ water. The worst request I've had is a coffee with 7 sugars. I'll put 3 in as the max in those small polystyrene cups & make some joke about offering to assist people but not to give them diabetes.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:50 am

Yeah, since I keep getting unstirred coffee, I am getting used to the taste of sugarless coffee.

I once had a customer ask for 7 sugars in his coffee. I said "7 sugars????? Show me your teeth!" Which he did, and they seemed ok. I actually didn't mean to say that out loud to him but it just came out - from the shock I guess! For the record, I only have 1 & 1/2.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:59 am

Must be coincidence, but as I was typing this I had made a pot of tea for three people: Me, oldest daughter & her friend john as they are about to drive to Sydney. Couldn't find any bloody sugar (he has 1). Brown sugar - tick, icing sugar - tick, castor sugar - tick, rice molasses - tick, honey - tick. No bloody raw sugar FFS Rolling Eyes
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:33 am

luvdids wrote:
I think most of us (I certainly have) have had a little crack here & there. Sometimes you see an opening and just have to take it Wink. I don't do it maliciously but I get what you mean.

However, I just looked at the chaplains thread and really don't understand what's upset you. I can't see where any "crap started". Was that posted during your Friday or Saturday day from hell episode Wink ? I've seen worse, put it that way.

haha

yeah, and i guess just a culmination of all the other threads that seem to get derailed by shitfights! straw, camel, kinda thing,

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:16 pm

luvdids wrote:
Yeah, since I keep getting unstirred coffee, I am getting used to the taste of sugarless coffee.

I once had a customer ask for 7 sugars in his coffee. I said "7 sugars????? Show me your teeth!" Which he did, and they seemed ok. I actually didn't mean to say that out loud to him but it just came out - from the shock I guess! For the record, I only have 1 & 1/2.

Only one and a half teeth?

You're clearly barracking for the right team. Wink

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:04 pm

David wrote:
luvdids wrote:

Only one and a half teeth?

You're clearly barracking for the right team. Wink

Haha. My bad. For the next record, I spent thousands having a couple teeth basically rebuilt, part of me thinks it was just to break the Collingwood supporter stereotype! Razz
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:09 pm

Ditto on the rebuilt teeth.

Root canals are not my idea of fun.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:44 am

stui magpie wrote:
Ditto on the rebuilt teeth.

Root canals are not my idea of fun.

Add to the root canal about 3/4 of the tooth broken off, on 2 teeth.

Endodontists are also not my idea of fun. Especially with their Porsche parked in the car park, that I'm sure I made a payment or two on for him Crying or Very sad
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:24 pm

^

Yep. When I went back to the dentist a few years back after a long lay off I basically said tell me if they're worth saving or do you need to yank the lot. He reckoned they could be saved and several thousand dollars later all good. The private insurance took a fair whack of the hit but still cost a bit.

I'll have to stick in my will that when I croak, pull out the gold one before you stick me in the ground, that was $300 worth of gold 5 years ago.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:37 pm

The big bloke really doesn't like other dogs.

Got home early today. The neighbor is pulling down the fence between my place and his and getting it redone over the weekend while I'm away. He's using my driveway for access and has a skip in which doesn't fuss me.

So as soon as he starts pulling the fence down the big bloke discovers he can get into the front yard, so I grab a drink and start giving the front garden a water while he just hangs around the yard with me.

Then some young bloke across the road (friend or relly of the people who lives there) comes out with their dog, white Lab, and their 2 year old son to go for a walk in the park.

Big bloke sees the other dog (which was on a leash) and squares up. I see trouble about to happen and yell at him to stay, he looks at me, looks at the lab, says **** it and charges across the road.

Drop the hose, plant the drink on the brick mail box (busted the glass in the process) and scoot over the road after him about 3 metres behind. The Lab sees him coming and is up for a blue so all of a sudden these two dogs are going at each others throats while the young bloke holds the lead and looks like he's having a heart attack and the 2 year old is right there.

Charge straight in, grab the big bloke by the collar and haul him out of there. Lost some skin of my left knuckles in the process but didn't notice till about 10 minutes later.

Hauled the big bloke back into the yard, grabbed a piece of temporary fencing and barricaded him into the 5x5 area that he normally sleeps in anyway after giving him a couple of clips over the ear for being a douche.

Grabbed a smoke and my drink and got the heart rate back down (he's a strong boy) before I went into the park to make sure the kid was OK. All good on that point thank christ.

All going to plan by the time I get back there'll be a new fence up and I'll have a clear driveway so I won't have the neighbors mutt running out every time I open the frigging roller door

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Let hi in the house! He won't get out the yard

Razz

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:20 pm

think positive wrote:
Let hi in the house! He won't get out the yard

Razz

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍😝

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:44 pm

He's got his own house with a bedroom (kennel) and an open fresco area with 2 leather couches to choose from.

It's called OUTSIDE.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The big bloke really doesn't like other dogs.

Got home early today. The neighbor is pulling down the fence between my place and his and getting it redone over the weekend while I'm away. He's using my driveway for access and has a skip in which doesn't fuss me.

So as soon as he starts pulling the fence down the big bloke discovers he can get into the front yard, so I grab a drink and start giving the front garden a water while he just hangs around the yard with me.

Then some young bloke across the road (friend or relly of the people who lives there) comes out with their dog, white Lab, and their 2 year old son to go for a walk in the park.

Big bloke sees the other dog (which was on a leash) and squares up. I see trouble about to happen and yell at him to stay, he looks at me, looks at the lab, says **** it and charges across the road.

Drop the hose, plant the drink on the brick mail box (busted the glass in the process) and scoot over the road after him about 3 metres behind. The Lab sees him coming and is up for a blue so all of a sudden these two dogs are going at each others throats while the young bloke holds the lead and looks like he's having a heart attack and the 2 year old is right there.

Charge straight in, grab the big bloke by the collar and haul him out of there. Lost some skin of my left knuckles in the process but didn't notice till about 10 minutes later.

Hauled the big bloke back into the yard, grabbed a piece of temporary fencing and barricaded him into the 5x5 area that he normally sleeps in anyway after giving him a couple of clips over the ear for being a douche.

Grabbed a smoke and my drink and got the heart rate back down (he's a strong boy) before I went into the park to make sure the kid was OK. All good on that point thank christ.

All going to plan by the time I get back there'll be a new fence up and I'll have a clear driveway so I won't have the neighbors mutt running out every time I open the frigging roller door

I like the big boy stories - post a photo of him some time. I'm getting to feel like I know him.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 588, 589, 590 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 589 of 719   

Jump to: