Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 586, 587, 588 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ oh yeah, house needed re stumping 7 years ago when I moved in and has got progressively worse. The dampness is probably the cause of a lot the mortar falling out of the brickwork too. I did a fair bit of renovating before I moved in to make it liveable but that was mainly superficial, structurally, she's a bit of a mess. I've been stewing over a few different directions to take over the past year now - 1. a total renovation, 2. bulldoze it and start again or 3. sell up and leave it for someone else. I'm not sure the 1st option is cost effective, the 2nd option is a logistical pain in the arse and the 3rd option is difficult because I love the location. Think I'll stew on it a little while longer, while it's still standing Smile
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Loud drunk American women.

To be fair, ive only ran into 1 but she was a peach. Had one of those high pitched voices that grates and had no filter between her tiny brain and her mouth. Whatever she was thinking, she verbalized. I had the displeasure of spending 40 minutes in a queue next to her and was about ready to accept the penalty for murder. Her fiance standing next to her is either deaf or she can suck a golf ball thru 20 feet of garden hose.

Waiting to go on the zipline down Fremont st I was seconds away from throwing her off the tower. Ffs, just shut up

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:15 am

stui magpie wrote:

To be fair, ive only ran into 1 but she was a peach. Had one of those high pitched voices that grates and had no filter between her tiny brain and her mouth. Whatever she was thinking, she verbalized. I had the displeasure of spending 40 minutes in a queue next to her and was about ready to accept the penalty for murder. Her fiance standing next to her is either deaf or she can suck a golf ball thru 20 feet of garden hose.

Waiting to go on the zipline down Fremont st I was seconds away from throwing her off the tower. Ffs, just shut up

But how cool was the zipline?? I was petrified and didn't want to go on it, when I got off I wanted to go back for another go!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:16 am

I have one master.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:50 pm

luvdids wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

But how cool was the zipline?? I was petrified and didn't want to go on it, when I got off I wanted to go back for another go!

It was pretty cool. i was going to do it sitting but ended up doing the long stretch in superman mode. Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:29 pm

It's *&^*(&%$% freezing outside. WTF is this shite?

Just took the dog for a walk in the park before his dinner. Strolling round with a glass of red and a cigar singing "cows with guns" while he terrorised some grass. Came inside and had to thaw my hands out under the hot tap before I could take a p155.

Cold.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:28 am

Everything. I'm just pissed off. I must have pissed someone off somewhere.
My PC lost all my $£$%^%%$ emails. The whole programme is gone.
I get in the spa last night, the $£$%^%%$ power trips. I climb out and go fix it.
I watch the last two episodes of season 2 of Orange is the new black, and with ten minutes to go, the disc freezes! I jiggle, click off, hit the control, climb out the spa, take the disc out put it back in, Nup. So I throw the control. That helped some. Watch the last ten min on my PC. Wake up this morning, no the PC has not miraculously found my emails. Eh, later. So I go for a ride on my bike. Um, no. My bike has a flat, which the last person, (junior) neglected to tell me. So I get on her bike. And the last person, (one of her friends) left the gears at opposite ends of the scale, I get round the corner and try and sort it, off comes the $£$%^%%$ chain. And I felt my bad knee click as my foot shot through. So I swear, fix it, and peddle home. Sultana bran for brekky, I managed to resist the urge to add scotch. Treadmill time. I'll post a pic of the damage I will no doubt do when that piece of karma smashes me too.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:47 am

^ look on the bright side, things can only get better... hopefully!
HAL 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:49 am

Are you still located in England?
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:50 am

No Hal, that's next year
HAL 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:51 am

Yippee! Tell me about your likes and dislikes?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:12 am

As a moderator, it's good to have the experience of being moderated on other sites, so you know how it feels. This is how it feels.

On this occasion, someone posted a comment under a Guardian article on Chris Brown pointing out that if he had criminally assaulted a man, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion - she also remarked that some of the media response to domestic violence is verging on hysterical. Some guy responds with the statistic that 63 women have been killed by their partners in Australia and that hysteria is therefore justified, so I reply with a short post pointing out that there are over 250 homicides a year and that the majority of victims are men, and ask (rhetorically), is that worthy of hysteria? No, I conclude. Hysteria is never a useful response to social problems.

I check back a couple of hours later to see if my (in my mind) clever and succinct post has had any responses, only to discover that it's been deleted. Frustrated, I try again, thinking it might have been a mistake. It's now 11:30 and Lola wants me to come to bed. "Just let me finish this post," I respond, which would usually be enough to keep the borough at bay, but Lola is in an irritable mood and comes back every 30 seconds to tell me to put my phone away and come to bed. I've almost finished my post when she grabs the phone out of my hand and inadvertently presses the 'back' option on the browser as I try to snatch it back off her. "Oh FFS," I reply, and inform her that I'm going to have to start again from scratch. "Fine," she says. "Come back to bed whenever you want, but I'm not talking to you". "That's fine," I reply, and begin writing my post for a third time.

At this point, this stupid Guardian comment has cost me about half an hour of my time and my conjugal bliss, and I don't want to risk it getting deleted again. Fearing that my earlier post was too glib or something (or maybe they objected to my use of the word "hysteria" due to its old-fashioned sexist connotations, I seriously have no idea), I adopt a more earnest tone. "I don't understand why my post was deleted," I begin, and then go on to more or less say the same thing I said before, but in three times as many words and with everything spelled out in a calm, polite manner. Satisfied that I have not completely wasted my night or relationship over this one comment that nobody was probably going to read anyway, I go to sleep and dream about looking for parking in the Melbourne CBD and only finding 20 minute spots.

When I wake up this morning, I check to see how my comment has been received, and lo and behold the $£$%^%%$ bastard Guardian moderators have deleted it again.

So, my lessons from all this:

1) Some people can't handle facts.
2) Go to bed when your girlfriend tells you to.
3) Don't be that moderator.
4) Take up a hobby that isn't posting things on the internet.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:57 am

I'd have thought Lola, the mother of your very young, sleep depriving child, would be no. 1
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:02 am

luvdids wrote:
^ look on the bright side, things can only get better... hopefully!

Ha, true!

I stayed on the tready, and reflection revealed I had the pool filter running at the same time as the spa heater and pump going flat chat, which is too much for that circuit, so my bad! On the tready I played another disc that I watched part of in the spa the other night, and it froze at the same spot! So I deduct there is something in the tray of the DVD player that is leaving a sticky residue on that part of the disc!
Junior says she knew the tire was a bit soft, and yeah her friends don't know how to change gears properly. Junior has now been informed that I would appreciate her giving me this info so I don't find out at 7am when I'm ready to rumble!

So maybe my yelling to the sky 'God hates me" is a little over reactive!

Cheers

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:42 pm

David wrote:
As a moderator, it's good to have the experience of being moderated on other sites, so you know how it feels. This is how it feels.

On this occasion, someone posted a comment under a Guardian article on Chris Brown pointing out that if he had criminally assaulted a man, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion - she also remarked that some of the media response to domestic violence is verging on hysterical. Some guy responds with the statistic that 63 women have been killed by their partners in Australia and that hysteria is therefore justified, so I reply with a short post pointing out that there are over 250 homicides a year and that the majority of victims are men, and ask (rhetorically), is that worthy of hysteria? No, I conclude. Hysteria is never a useful response to social problems.

I check back a couple of hours later to see if my (in my mind) clever and succinct post has had any responses, only to discover that it's been deleted. Frustrated, I try again, thinking it might have been a mistake. It's now 11:30 and Lola wants me to come to bed. "Just let me finish this post," I respond, which would usually be enough to keep the borough at bay, but Lola is in an irritable mood and comes back every 30 seconds to tell me to put my phone away and come to bed. I've almost finished my post when she grabs the phone out of my hand and inadvertently presses the 'back' option on the browser as I try to snatch it back off her. "Oh FFS," I reply, and inform her that I'm going to have to start again from scratch. "Fine," she says. "Come back to bed whenever you want, but I'm not talking to you". "That's fine," I reply, and begin writing my post for a third time.

At this point, this stupid Guardian comment has cost me about half an hour of my time and my conjugal bliss, and I don't want to risk it getting deleted again. Fearing that my earlier post was too glib or something (or maybe they objected to my use of the word "hysteria" due to its old-fashioned sexist connotations, I seriously have no idea), I adopt a more earnest tone. "I don't understand why my post was deleted," I begin, and then go on to more or less say the same thing I said before, but in three times as many words and with everything spelled out in a calm, polite manner. Satisfied that I have not completely wasted my night or relationship over this one comment that nobody was probably going to read anyway, I go to sleep and dream about looking for parking in the Melbourne CBD and only finding 20 minute spots.

When I wake up this morning, I check to see how my comment has been received, and lo and behold the $£$%^%%$ bastard Guardian moderators have deleted it again.

So, my lessons from all this:

1) Some people can't handle facts.
2) Go to bed when your girlfriend tells you to.
3) Don't be that moderator.
4) Take up a hobby that isn't posting things on the internet.

Silenced by the Left for not toeing the line? You don't say.

FWIW I can see domestic violence becoming the new terrorism. Used as a sledgehammer to erode liberty and bolster the police state we're becoming. I'd actually ask would we be having this discussion about, lets say, Beyonce's sister who attacked Jay Z if she was coming out here.

Chris Brown is a grub, but he served his time and is highly, highly unlikely to pose any risk to the Australian community. We shouldn't be restricting travel to people because having them here sends the wrong 'message', that kind of shit is straight out of the puritan 1950s the progressives like to rail against (funny how it's so easy to become what you hate).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 586, 587, 588 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 587 of 719   

Jump to: