Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 580, 581, 582 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

partypie wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
I was meant to start work today, but was told about the pay structure and the working for almost a month unpaid and also possibilities of penalty if a customer cancelled their donations or they couldn't get the money after a certain time. Also a heap of other stuff, I figured that if I was going to be penalised for something I cannot control then it was unfair and I couldn't work with that over my head, so I quit.

It's probably not good to quit like that, but all the costs involved to get me to and from the job, and everything in between I am not doing that if I am not going to get paid if I don't make sales and if there is a threat of penalty I am better off somewhere else.

That doesn't sound right, might be worth contacting Fairwork or the state labour department. It sounds like a scam, and not going is probably the most sensible thing to do. Dont let the bastards get you down, as my father used to say.

It's not a scam. Proto wouldn't have been employed by Focus, but rather recruited as an independent contractor. His role on behalf of charities is to go out to the public and "sell" people on the idea of donating on an ongoing basis. Like sign up to pay $10 a month for a year or something like that. He's then paid a percentage of that.

Focus would pay him, but also hold back a bond for 120 days in case that person cancelled their agreement. If the agreement stands, then he gets the bond back. Which makes sense.

It's not a role for everyone, I certainly couldn't stand around a shopping centre all day in a bright t-shirt approaching strangers with a smile on my face asking for their time and money. For every 100 people they approach they probably get rejected 99 times.

But..... having said all that, if you're good at it, it would blow your mind how much money some of these kids make.

#SIDEBYSIDE
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:42 am

Oops. Too much data.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:38 pm

That's right mandy, and I didn't believe it was a scam, or anything just that it wasn't for me and was annoyed that it wasn't told to me before I accepted the role. I had to wait for my training day to find everything out and I guess I was a bit pissed about that.

Waiting three weeks before payment also is a bit hard, with the costs involved in getting to the office, getting out in the field, and getting back to the office every day. It adds up and I already have other bills so I respectfully declined to go any further.

I'm not looking to bad mouth them, I would have liked to have known about all of this last week so I could have made a decision so that they could have gotten someone who this would have been something they could have done.

They do a good thing in the end for charity, which they earn money as well but the charity gets a lot of money from their work, so that works out in the end. It wasn't for me i was a bit annoyed and I am sure they do a lot of good and pay well. Just some of the things I didn't like, that doesn't mean it's all bad just it's not me.

It just came out of nowhere and could have helped all if it was known way before the time came to start training, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:48 pm

That's completely understandable how you feel. As I said, it's really not a role for everybody and I'm sure companies do that to give them the best chance of recruiting people. It is a shitty tactic though.
#SIDEBYSIDE
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:31 pm

The people doing that job bug me anyway.

Hate being hassled outside the front entrance of a supermarket especially as it's not a volunteer position.

My mum has volunteered for the Cancer Council for over 20 years but they just sit at there stall and wait for people to approach them.

chicken wing 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:19 pm

That's where mobile phones have come in real handy - just hold your phone up to your ear and walk by those people unmolested.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:13 pm

Hoping in the Shower after my Mum and have to pick up Pubic Hair from the Bottom
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:24 pm

If it's hair from the bottom, then it isn't a pubic hair, it's an ana .... er .... well, you figure it out. Smile
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:25 pm

chicken wing wrote:
That's where mobile phones have come in real handy - just hold your phone up to your ear and walk by those people unmolested.

Neat.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:38 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Hoping in the Shower after my Mum and have to pick up Pubic Hair from the Bottom

From the wise one: oops too much data!

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The people doing that job bug me anyway.

Hate being hassled outside the front entrance of a supermarket especially as it's not a volunteer position.

My mum has volunteered for the Cancer Council for over 20 years but they just sit at there stall and wait for people to approach them.

They bug me too and I'm indirectly in the business.

It's awesome that your Mum has volunteered but unfortunately there's just not enough people like her. And if you see people sitting on their arses not working, then I can assure you they're not getting paid much and neither is the charity. Trust me, I've seen some earnings to contractors go through for as little as $3 a week.

The reality is charities need marketers. All day every in every city and most towns in this country. The kids who do it right make a very decent wage and have amazing prospects to build their own sales and marketing companies down the road and earn the really big bucks. But in doing that, they also raise millions of dollars a year to go towards charities that just wouldn't get the exposure and donations without these companies working for them.

So yeah, they may not be volunteers, but they still do good work.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:01 pm

Don't like the way shop keepers in food courts hassle you before you've decided if you want to buy something from them or not. The mall management need to have a red line three feet in front of the counters and the shop keepers shouldn't address you until you've crossed it. Seriously, I have enough first world problems I don't need any more. Crying or Very sad
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:26 am

chicken wing wrote:

The Dank method.

He's made an art out of it.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:36 am

Dave The Man wrote:

Dave, you take TMI to a whole new level.

Please never stop. Mr. Green

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:28 pm

my boss is a grumpy old &*%$
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 580, 581, 582 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 581 of 719   

Jump to: