Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

People who take debate personally (not directed at anyone here... Facebook argument).
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:48 am

Maybe it creeps people out if they think their friends might entertain weird ideas, like having sex with animals or something!

I think a real problem with Facebook etc, even a bulletin board like Nicks, is your more likely to have a conversation with someone of the opposite sex, a different age group, a different belief system, than you would in everyday life.

Your gunna get friction!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:59 am

Exactly TP. People (myself included) probably also say things, via a keyboard , that they wouldn't say in a face to face discussion. It's just the way things are in 2015. How many kids do you see belting home on their pushies on dusk for dinner these days?

Last edited by Skids on Mon May 11, 2015 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:01 am

think positive wrote:
I think a real problem with Facebook etc, even a bulletin board like Nicks, is your more likely to have a conversation with someone of the opposite sex, a different age group, a different belief system, than you would in everyday life.

Huh? You are dreamin'.

In real life, most of us meet all sorts of people. Here on Nivk's, everyone is (a) male (or almost male in the case of a few weirdos like Morrigu and your good self), and shares the same overall belief system (though some of us backslide whenever Cloke kicks 1.4).

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:08 am

think positive wrote:
Maybe it creeps people out if they think their friends might entertain weird ideas, like having sex with animals or something!

Your gunna get friction!

I'd say that's a good thing about social media, not a bad thing. It's healthy to interact with people with different backgrounds and world views. I also get that some people find it difficult to emotionally disengage from a topic that's close to their heart. But I hate people taking mere disagreement and statement of views as a personal attack.

Jo, I'm guessing you've seen the exchange I'm referring to. Was I at any point condescending, aggressive or insulting? Yet the response makes it sound as if I'm personally responsible for their hurt feelings.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:34 am

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

Your gunna get friction!

I'd say that's a good thing about social media, not a bad thing. It's healthy to interact with people with different backgrounds and world views. I also get that some people find it difficult to emotionally disengage from a topic that's close to their heart. But I hate people taking mere disagreement and statement of views as a personal attack.

Jo, I'm guessing you've seen the exchange I'm referring to. Was I at any point condescending, aggressive or insulting? Yet the response makes it sound as if I'm personally responsible for their hurt feelings.

No David, I didn't think you were if I look at it from a distance. Partly the reason I stayed out of it this time, the last simular discussion ended up a shit fight with me in it! For all your friends who take my view, there are all the others with the opposite, and not everyone, in fact the majority, are like me, and can't help but get emotional. David, I don't mean it in a horrible way at all, but you remind me of the guy from The Big Bang Theory! He just don't have emotions at all! He has no empathy, no line in the sand! At times I'd love to be like that, able to emotionally disassociate, but that's not me. And frankly I have enough life or death drama in my life right now, I can't afford to spend any of the emotion I have on much else negative!

I do totally agree with you about engaging with people you might otherwise not. I'm very choosy about who I'm friends with on Facebook, I have several friends I've never met, who I met through other boards, and share views with, but the majority are people I know, and am friends with in real life. Some have very different views to me, most don't, but I have decided, to protect what's left of my sanity, to not get involved in certain inflammatory discussions, as, well they ain't going to change the way I think very often, and I'm pretty pliable I think about issues, so I have no illusion I'll be able to change the way anyone else thinks! These days I'll only argue about things I really am passionate about. If your discussion had been about for example the penalties of animal cruelty, I'd be right there! Thankfully I think we live in a only just sane enough world that sex with animals will always be morally frowned upon in the mainstream!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:40 am

Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:

Huh? You are dreamin'.

In real life, most of us meet all sorts of people. Here on Nivk's, everyone is (a) male (or almost male in the case of a few weirdos like Morrigu and your good self), and shares the same overall belief system (though some of us backslide whenever Cloke kicks 1.4).

I disagree. How many people do you meet in your everyday life? Take just one average day. The only thing every single person on nicks has in common, is we all barrack for Collingwood. And that doesn't take into account trolls!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:04 am

think positive wrote:
David, I don't mean it in a horrible way at all, but you remind me of the guy from The Big Bang Theory! He just don't have emotions at all! He has no empathy, no line in the sand!

Well, that's not me. I have plenty of emotions! And I like to think I'm an empathetic person.

I guess I just try to discuss issues on their own merits. But, even then, there are issues that I'm passionate about, and I would have thought that emotion comes through when I discuss them, even if only subtly.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:18 am

think positive wrote:
I disagree. How many people do you meet in your everyday life? Take just one average day. The only thing every single person on nicks has in common, is we all barrack for Collingwood.

Accepting that there is no such thing as an "average" day on Planet Tannin, I'll answer as best I can. On-line, I hang out with people I like (yes even you), with people I have things in common with - such as supporting the mighty Pies.

In real life, I spend my day with people who want their computers to work. They can be academics or plumbers, go-getting salesmen or elderly spud farmers, mothers-of-three or gay couples, on day-release from the nursing home or just out of prison last week, dentists or uni students or unemployables. Their beliefs and opinions vary as much as their ages, sexes, and occupations. Some of them even support Hawthorn!

They have only two or three factors in common. They all pay their bill promptly and cheerfully without arguing (or they can f^ck off - I've got better things to do with my time than argue about money, and my bills are more than reasonable); they all have real computers and not any of that Apple rubbish (apart from phones, which are acceptable, and - in a few cases - another machine at home which I never see and tactfully pretend not to know about so as not to be offended); and they are all very nice people that it's a pleasure to do business with. (I got rid of the dorks and spivs years ago, and the odd new one that comes along doesn't last long.)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:48 pm

hehe

Which reminds me, I still need to get this thing sorted properly, what day isn't it -10 up there!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:50 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
David, I don't mean it in a horrible way at all, but you remind me of the guy from The Big Bang Theory! He just don't have emotions at all! He has no empathy, no line in the sand!

Well, that's not me. I have plenty of emotions! And I like to think I'm an empathetic person.

I guess I just try to discuss issues on their own merits. But, even then, there are issues that I'm passionate about, and I would have thought that emotion comes through when I discuss them, even if only subtly.

I've met you enough and talked to you enough that I know it's not! But sometimes having a conversation with you can feel like that! Also, I notice it was a girl feeling the pain, men are far less emotional than women for the most part, so yeah, that's part of it too!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:42 pm

February 9th is usually reliable.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Tannin wrote:
February 9th is usually reliable.

Hehe ok I'll book it in, next year or the one after? I'm booked the one after that!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:43 pm

Man I am sick to death of hearing people bleating that " the Government should" fix this, do this, do that, give us more and basically pander to our every whim and desire!

Take some responsibility people for your life, your decisions, for raising your children, for how you spend your money and for how society is and how you want it to be FFS Twisted Evil

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:52 am

King Monkey wrote:
Something that may work for you Davage - perhaps suggest to the "main coaches", that they send you over 2 kids at a time, separate from the main training drills, for you to actually teach them the mechanics of kicking and handballing.
This can be quite difficult to do when trying to keep training drills flowing - it can become a bit of "great kick Johnny", when you really want to stop and tell Johnny that he needs to hold the ball like this and drop it straight (or whatever....).

This has worked well for our group currently playing under 10's - a little bit of extra attention from an "assistant coach" has done wonders for some of the kids that really struggled when they started.

I wanted to also employ some of the parents to take some groups as well, the next session I was going to take was going to have groups so we were a little better organised. But the two new coaches have apparently gotten mini games going which is fine and all but I wanted to teach the kids drills which they were enjoying it's just the parents didn't seem to like my ideas.

I have asked New Norfolk about possibilities there, I think that going there is better as it's closer to where I live, and I can learn fresh from new people. I am sure Sam and Nathan are quite lovely guys I'd just not want to be around the parents that seemed to complain a lot about the drills.

I watched the Glenorchy lower grades and have heard stories they're tackling in Under 8's, and not listening and staying in their zones going up to Under 11s, plus swearing. One coach asked the umpire to police the zonal rules, and the umpire snapped at him "It's not my job, it's yours."

I also took a few kids aside I was coaching and was giving them some attention to learn their handballing and stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 570 of 719   

Jump to: