What pisses you off?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 568, 569, 570 ... 717, 718, 719  Next

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:47 pm

What are these kids there being made to be there and they're acting out there's not much he or she can do some parents want to try and control it all and want it their way ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:47 pm

The Prototype wrote:
How did you react? Are you still involved? What do the kids and parents say about it? Will they still allow you to be involved and can you learn from the players? Keep your head high mate, sounds like the club has been pretty insensitive considering it's a voluntary position, maybe be the bigger man, and be gracious. Cheers, hope it works out in the end.

I was given time to think about whether I'd stay involved and learn, or give it up they don't want to lose me at the club, they felt I was inexperienced as a coach and supposedly the kids were bored they were all having fun there was a moment when it wasn't but otherwise they enjoyed it.

I have a few kids there being made to be there and they're acting out, there's not much I can do, some parents want to try and control it all and want it their way. So I dunno.

I am not sure what my next move is, I will be helping out at the gate again, mainly 'cause I want to go to the footy.

My 2c for what it's worth would be to try to stay involved in the Auskick. If they've put some ex players in the coaching gig and bumped you, you could actually learn something too by staying involved. Volunteer support is always needed in sporting clubs.

If the coaches behave like douches toward you, walk away but make sure you tell the club why.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 pm

See my comment in the other thread (not sure why you felt the need to post this twice). It doesn't matter if anyone else was "outraged" by your comment. It was a clear breach of the rules and was moderated accordingly, as any off-topic personal attacks would be.

As per our conversation today, I'm sorry, shouldn't have taken it out on you personally. Cheers Jo xx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:58 pm

No worries, Jo, I appreciate it. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:08 pm

Thanks TP and Stui, I think I am going to try and stay involved somehow, parents have given me grief since it began so I am a bit worried about showing up there not the coach anymore. I have said we're taking the gear there so they can set it up, I'm not taking it back home. I may give this session a miss, just let them get started and then maybe go and watch next week.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Don't go and watch, that just creates the wrong impression. The parents see new coaches and you over in the background. Speak to the club and ask if the new coach(s) are happy to have you as an assistant, you'll defer to them as head coach(s) but you have a level of official status.

Then you walk in like you still own the joint, rock up to the new coaches and say"So coach, what are we doing and where do you want me?"

parents of kids at sporting clinics can be dickwads, they all think that their kid is special and different and the coach should be able to see that. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Good advice

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:24 pm

I spoke to the president today, well...after dad had a go at him, they don't want me to go Longman and Chivers know I will be there to learn to run the program. they were worried about the organising since I was only a young coach.

They said go whenever I want to, they'll know I am there and stuff. I am not going tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:42 pm

The Prototype wrote:
I spoke to the president today, well...after dad had a go at him, they don't want me to go Longman and Chivers know I will be there to learn to run the program. they were worried about the organising since I was only a young coach.

They said go whenever I want to, they'll know I am there and stuff. I am not going tomorrow.

Why not?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:58 pm

I thought I'd let the new guys take the program over and have a session without me there so they can get stuck in. I think it might be cancelled as well, it's been very wet today.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Something that may work for you Davage - perhaps suggest to the "main coaches", that they send you over 2 kids at a time, separate from the main training drills, for you to actually teach them the mechanics of kicking and handballing.
This can be quite difficult to do when trying to keep training drills flowing - it can become a bit of "great kick Johnny", when you really want to stop and tell Johnny that he needs to hold the ball like this and drop it straight (or whatever....).

This has worked well for our group currently playing under 10's - a little bit of extra attention from an "assistant coach" has done wonders for some of the kids that really struggled when they started.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:06 pm

No more Parking on Victoria St!!
When the F did this happen??

Had an appointment today at the Eye & Ear for the 4 year old, had to park in a designated carpark, the machine told us our stay was for 2 hours & 2 minutes, the fee was, wait for it, I can't bring myself to type this......

$55 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fifty fkn five fkn dollars for fkn 2 fkn hours and 2 fkn minutes faaaaaa.........rrrrrrrrrr...........kkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:01 pm

The ars*holes who tried to kill the police today in Melbourne.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-van-rammed-six-people-arrested-20150507-ggvxhl.html

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:00 pm

King Monkey wrote:
No more Parking on Victoria St!!
When the F did this happen??

Had an appointment today at the Eye & Ear for the 4 year old, had to park in a designated carpark, the machine told us our stay was for 2 hours & 2 minutes, the fee was, wait for it, I can't bring myself to type this......

$55 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fifty fkn five fkn dollars for fkn 2 fkn hours and 2 fkn minutes faaaaaa.........rrrrrrrrrr...........kkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!

No frikken way. Serious? Shocked

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:17 pm

The ars*holes who tried to kill the police today in Melbourne.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-van-rammed-six-people-arrested-20150507-ggvxhl.html

OMG

Chuck away the key, ****tards

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 568, 569, 570 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 569 of 719