Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 567, 568, 569 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame you, that sounds disgusting, not to mention not cheap!

As I said I have very little time for estate agents and am so thankful I don't have one.
Your tenants probably were friends or friends of friends of some-one at the agency, it happens more often than you might think.
I got this place when the owner started asking her friends if they could recommend a tenant and bam she found me!

Is there anyway you can find a decent tenant with-out having to trust an agent to find a better one?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Watching that Low Income Segment on Current Affair
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:06 pm

3.14159 wrote:
I don't blame you, that sounds disgusting, not to mention not cheap!

As I said I have very little time for estate agents and am so thankful I don't have one.
Your tenants probably were friends or friends of friends of some-one at the agency, it happens more often than you might think.
I got this place when the owner started asking her friends if they could recommend a tenant and bam she found me!

Is there anyway you can find a decent tenant with-out having to trust an agent to find a better one?

Cheers mate, thanks for your kind words, means a lot.

I won't be renting this house out, as soon as it's finished its going on the market. It was my fault, I didn't know if I'd like where we moved too, and was too sentimental to sell at the time. Thankfully the area it's in still gets good prices, it's on a huge block, which you don't get around here anymore, and the bones are still a quality house. Tomorrow I'm putting together a photo kit to go with the landlord claim, the guy from building insurance today was really nice, I'm hoping we won't have to worry about the kitchen repairs. We will get the unpaid rent, cleaning etc in excess of the bond, and the fist mark in the wall fixed! It could have been much worse. I'm happy I've got the keys, they are gone, and I didn't have to get them physically removed. I did what I think is morally right and warned the new agent, and found their new contact details for the insurance people, that's all I can do.

We only have one other small house, and I'm not interested in getting another domestic property, too much hassle! The tenant in that house is simply awesome, so while she's there I just let it ride! That one was bought with the kids future in mind. So if I throw them out, at least they will be safe!!

Cheers mate, I'm glad your in a happy place now, just need to get your internet sorted! Jo xx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Yeah I saw that,scary stuff

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Sell sell sell Jo and take the money and travel - I hear Namibia is lovely Wink Very Happy

Life is too short to be hassled by such dirtbags - enjoy life to the full whilst you can my friend!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Sell sell sell Jo and take the money and travel - I hear Namibia is lovely Wink Very Happy

Life is too short to be hassled by such dirtbags - enjoy life to the full whilst you can my friend!

Totally totally agree honey, cheers,

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:42 pm

think positive wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Yeah I saw that,scary stuff

and Shows that in this Country is Heading the Same was as America where the Richer get Richer and the Poorer get Poorer.

Saddens me the Government want to tax these People more and less then Tax for the Mega Rich

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:51 am

A bit bummed that the club decided to replace me as coach of Auskick being a first year coach there I was expecting to at least be given more time. Two former players got the gig, as they contacted the club about wanting to do it.

No one else seemed to want to help out Auskick, I did, but oh well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:23 am

The Prototype wrote:
A bit bummed that the club decided to replace me as coach of Auskick being a first year coach there I was expecting to at least be given more time. Two former players got the gig, as they contacted the club about wanting to do it.

No one else seemed to want to help out Auskick, I did, but oh well.

How did you react? Are you still involved? What do the kids and parents say about it? Will they still allow you to be involved and can you learn from the players? Keep your head high mate, sounds like the club has been pretty insensitive considering it's a voluntary position, maybe be the bigger man, and be gracious. Cheers, hope it works out in the end.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:33 am

this pisses me off big time:

I cop shit after shit on this site and just take it

I make one very funny comeback about PTID and it gets modded out?

seriously, mods are supposed to be impartial.

ill take a wild $$%^%%$ guess who deleted it.

ill let you judge:

ptid wrote

That's one of the favourite lines of townsfolk hating on Aboriginal peoples.
Actually, as a footnote, it just occurred to me where else I've heard the, "but you don't know what it's like to deal with them" refrain before.
Oh, and it's also a favourite of the Israeli right, Latin American elite and Missouri police force lol.

Some things are just so prevalent as to be near laws of social physics.

and I quoted

Actually, as a footnote, it just occurred to me where else I've heard the, "but you don't know what it's like to deal with him" refrain before.

and I wrote "your relatives?'

now go back and take a look at the thread and all the little nasty $$%^%%$ shit he has chucked at me.
a little balance.

is anyone else totally outraged at my comment? should I finally get a card?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:03 pm

See my comment in the other thread (not sure why you felt the need to post this twice). It doesn't matter if anyone else was "outraged" by your comment. It was a clear breach of the rules and was moderated accordingly, as any off-topic personal attacks would be.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:18 pm

Because my first reaction was WTF followed closely by IM PISSED OFF!

What I said about you personally was out of line, but not about the choice of deleted posts. You delete one you delete the other

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:35 pm

^ I've been pushing it close to the line, so the ref is probably pulling the game into line mostly because of me Wink

Here's the thing that's bothering me: What if the vast majority of everything which comes from our mouths is emotional rubbish dressed up as argument? It's both interesting and depressing all at once. Believe me, I was deconstructing myself more than I was stirring you!

But once you suspect it's all nonsense and hot air, what's the point of all this discussion? Maybe Nick Pie Man has got it all sussed after all Wink

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:33 pm

think positive wrote:
How did you react? Are you still involved? What do the kids and parents say about it? Will they still allow you to be involved and can you learn from the players? Keep your head high mate, sounds like the club has been pretty insensitive considering it's a voluntary position, maybe be the bigger man, and be gracious. Cheers, hope it works out in the end.

I was given time to think about whether I'd stay involved and learn, or give it up they don't want to lose me at the club, they felt I was inexperienced as a coach and supposedly the kids were bored they were all having fun there was a moment when it wasn't but otherwise they enjoyed it.

I have a few kids there being made to be there and they're acting out, there's not much I can do, some parents want to try and control it all and want it their way. So I dunno.

I am not sure what my next move is, I will be helping out at the gate again, mainly 'cause I want to go to the footy.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:45 pm

The Prototype wrote:
think positive wrote:

I was given time to think about whether I'd stay involved and learn, or give it up they don't want to lose me at the club, they felt I was inexperienced as a coach and supposedly the kids were bored they were all having fun there was a moment when it wasn't but otherwise they enjoyed it.

I have a few kids there being made to be there and they're acting out, there's not much I can do, some parents want to try and control it all and want it their way. So I dunno.

I am not sure what my next move is, I will be helping out at the gate again, mainly 'cause I want to go to the footy.

Honey, your only young yourself.

I've also had to deal with parents who think their kid is the only one there, but my advantage is I'm older, and I played A grade netball for a long time, and was still fit enough to get on the court with the kids and literally show them how it's done. I even filled in for the team a couple of times. I was lucky and had a bunch of kids with talent, and they just gelled, we made 26 grand finals and won over 60 percent of them, so they didn't argue with me too much! But yeah, it wears you down. After this season I'm handing over, I've had enough of chasing kids, and parents grief! This season has been all up hill, how we are second on the ladder is beyond me! Someone else can take a turn!

If you enjoyed helping the kids, if there are kids who appreciate you, and the air ain't too thick, get in there. Help out with kick to kick. As for the new coaches, ask them something, even if you know the answer. Everyone loves sharing knowledge. My sister, who's an accountant, gave me this advice for dealing with our accountant, who picks something to drill me over every year! This year I asked a dumb question, and raved over the answer. Yesterday they spent and hour and a half helping me set up my updated software for a new section of our company. So yeah, sucking up just a little can work!

Don't let it get you down. Richo from richmonds cousin coached junior for a while. She told us a story about missing out on the Victorian team because she didn't have what they were looking for, no biggie hey? Except at the time she was a member of the Australian team! You just got to keep trying, dust yourself off, and get back out there. It's amazing how the novelty can wear off for big heroes in a small pond! Maybe it won't, but hey, if it does, don't let them walk on you, but don't miss out on something you want because of pride.

Cheers mate, and good luck. Xx. Jo xx

Last edited by think positive on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 567, 568, 569 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 568 of 719   

Jump to: