Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 545, 546, 547 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
I hate telephones, even more I hate people who feel entitled to your answering said telephone. It's MY $£$%^%%$ phone, and if I don't want to talk to anyone then leave a message and piss off.

Emails are worse. When I worked I would get back from leave for say a month and the phone would ring. "Did you get my email. " "Don't know, I have 400 emails in my inbox ". Well you are back now and I need a response by 10.00". "Didn't you get my out of office message" "I did and noticed you are back today" "Your priorities are not mine. I have to deal with a bunch of other numpties who have asked me where the teaspoons have gone (from another building across town), about 2 dozen complaining about parking in their carspot (I trammed to work), appeals for donations so some spoilt brat can go to the Victorian ski championships , some dumbo selling tickets to the opera because her cat is sick and I think there may be some work in there".

I was on jury duty once for 3 weeks. The tipstaff took our mobiles off us and gave them back at the end of the day. My boss tore me a knew one for having the thing off and threatened me with all sorts of stuff . It was only when the Judge had the Sherriffs office give him a call suggesting if he did it again a contempt of court charge would certainly follow that he stopped.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Norm Gallaghers bastard child doesn't waste any time does it.

Is this what you were referring to or have they shat in someone elses nest today? http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/cfmeu-blockade-shuts-down-aldi-building-site/story-fni0fit3-1227146603546

Pfft. Not on a Sunday, they will wait until tomorrow ( it's not an RDO ) before sending Victoria back to the '80s
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:42 pm

I haven't been following this closely, so can someone tell me: what are these new powers that the scary unions have that they didn't have under the last (decade-long) Labor government?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:14 pm

^

Were you living in Victoria under the last labor government?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:27 pm

Yep, for about the last 12 months they were in office.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:53 pm

One of the very few people at work that I call a friend just sent me a message to tell me her daughter has just delivered her 3rd set of stillborn twins Sad

3 pregnancies and no live babies - so sad so very sad and it is pisses me off cause it seems so unfair!

My friend who is a good nurse and a good woman has now lost her mother, her father and 2 grand children in the past 12 months and had her husband diagnosed with lung cancer Evil or Very Mad

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:05 pm

Very sad to hear, Morrigu. Must be a horrible thing to go through.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:09 pm

Morrigu wrote:
One of the very few people at work that I call a friend just sent me a message to tell me her daughter has just delivered her 3rd set of stillborn twins Sad

3 pregnancies and no live babies - so sad so very sad and it is pisses me off cause it seems so unfair!

My friend who is a good nurse and a good woman has now lost her mother, her father and 2 grand children in the past 12 months and had her husband diagnosed with lung cancer Evil or Very Mad

That is so awful. Hugs honey xxxx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:43 am

Morrigu wrote:

That sucks. Sad

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:29 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Norm Gallaghers bastard child doesn't waste any time does it.

Is this what you were referring to or have they shat in someone elses nest today? http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/cfmeu-blockade-shuts-down-aldi-building-site/story-fni0fit3-1227146603546

I fear that this will become common place in the future. It was reported earlier this year the the cost of constructing a large scale commercial building in Melbourne was significantly more expensive than Sydney. If theCMFEU have their way the gap will be wider.

And who do Aldi think they are in specifying a higher quality floor than that covered by the Australian design standards. The floor quality in large scale warehouse is paramount to its longevity and functional application especially when using heavy high speed guided turret trucks, stock pickers, computer controlled equipment and multi level racking over 12 meters. Vertical rack accuracy is paramount. If the floor is not extremely flat, has a very durable finish and the individual slabs are not completely stable the building can hit its use by date very quickly.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:21 pm

If you seriously want to piss me off, make me repeat myself.

if I tell you what I want done and you acknowledge that and say you'll do it I expect it to happen. If you're unclear of what I want by all means ask for clarification, I don't consider that repeating myself. I'm doing UAT (User Acceptance testing) for two different software applications at the moment and my temper level had my direct reports commenting this morning that I really really need a holiday.

Scenario 1. We have first discovery workshop to determine how we want ours to operate as opposed to the out of the box version. Among other things, I highlight one field and say that we don't want the name displayed, just the code. (this field has a 5 digit alpha numeric code that all managers know, and a name which means little.)

Yep yep yep.

2nd discovery workshop to show all the progress they've made on the build, "why is that field still displaying name rather than code". Mad

hand over the UAT system, nearly 2 months late mind you, "why is that field still displaying name rather than code" Evil or Very Mad

Am I not speaking English?
Do you not understand English?
If we have it documented, how did you miss that?

FMD, Dummy in dirt big time. Then we waste the first week of UAT trying to get them to get the test data to an acceptable standard so we can do realistic testing. FMD.

So they're getting twitchy about how long it's taking because it's costing them more than anticipated and send one of their team over to be on site for 2 days. I stick them with my expert who gives them the rounds of the house for two days and finally get some shit happening. I'll sign off on the UAT when you get it fkn right and not before. Twisted Evil

We also have an issue where I clearly described a particular need, and they said an enhancement was needed to achieve that, so I paid for the enhancement, only to find at UAT that I was obviously speaking Hebrew with an Indian accent because it doesn't do what I wanted. [breathe]. FIX IT.

Other system, got an email tonight to say they've uploaded all the data I gave them and can I please look. Took all of 10 seconds to see they £$%$ed it. I need to have that conversation early ish tomorrow or I'm going to say something career limiting.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Shocked

Last edited by think positive on Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
If you seriously want to piss me off, make me repeat myself.

if I tell you what I want done and you acknowledge that and say you'll do it I expect it to happen. If you're unclear of what I want by all means ask for clarification, I don't consider that repeating myself. I'm doing UAT (User Acceptance testing) for two different software applications at the moment and my temper level had my direct reports commenting this morning that I really really need a holiday.

Scenario 1. We have first discovery workshop to determine how we want ours to operate as opposed to the out of the box version. Among other things, I highlight one field and say that we don't want the name displayed, just the code. (this field has a 5 digit alpha numeric code that all managers know, and a name which means little.)

Yep yep yep.

2nd discovery workshop to show all the progress they've made on the build, "why is that field still displaying name rather than code". Mad

hand over the UAT system, nearly 2 months late mind you, "why is that field still displaying name rather than code" Evil or Very Mad

Am I not speaking English?
Do you not understand English?
If we have it documented, how did you miss that?

FMD, Dummy in dirt big time. Then we waste the first week of UAT trying to get them to get the test data to an acceptable standard so we can do realistic testing. FMD.

So they're getting twitchy about how long it's taking because it's costing them more than anticipated and send one of their team over to be on site for 2 days. I stick them with my expert who gives them the rounds of the house for two days and finally get some shit happening. I'll sign off on the UAT when you get it fkn right and not before. Twisted Evil

We also have an issue where I clearly described a particular need, and they said an enhancement was needed to achieve that, so I paid for the enhancement, only to find at UAT that I was obviously speaking Hebrew with an Indian accent because it doesn't do what I wanted. [breathe]. FIX IT.

Other system, got an email tonight to say they've uploaded all the data I gave them and can I please look. Took all of 10 seconds to see they £$%$ed it. I need to have that conversation early ish tomorrow or I'm going to say something career limiting.

What nationality are they

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:52 pm

The war with my neighbour went from bad to abominable this weak.
(For the sake of my sanity I gave her the intervention order a few weaks ago.
Fat lot of good that did me... Evil or Very Mad

After the events of this weak I've made a decision and told a few of my friends I'm leaving town early in the new year.

I'll miss this wonderful little town's charm (I live in the sweetest little house with a wonderful garden and and an even better view) but I just can't take it any more.

Sometimes a man has to say enough is enough, pack his swag and walk away...
Sadly, on this occassion, that man is me. Sad

Last edited by 3.14159 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:58 pm

3.14159 wrote:
The war with my neighbour went from bad to abominable this weak.
For the sake of my sanity I gave her the intervention order a few weeks ago.

Fat lot of good that did me... Sad Evil or Very Mad

After the events of this weak I've made a decision and told a few of my friends I'm leaving town early in the new year.

I'll miss this wonderful little town's charm (& it's many of it's characters) but I just can't take it any more.

Sometimes a man has to say enough is enough, pack his swag and walk away...

That sucks, but you're right, sometimes you just have to look at the priorities and say that it's just not worth it because the impact on your mental and physical health just outweighs anything else.

Once you do get a new house somewhere else, you can always wander past the old place just for a reaction once every now and then, the old paper bag full of dogshit on the front porch, the 44 gallon drum of diesel and super phosphate strategically placed near the bedroom....................

Keep in mind you don't necessarily need to leave the town, just the area.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 545, 546, 547 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 546 of 719   

Jump to: