Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 532, 533, 534 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
racist goldfish.

The shop said put the ones with twin fins together and they'll be OK and play nice. 2 weeks ago I had 9, now I have 4. The gold ones killed the black ones.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Klu klux fish!

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:45 pm

What pisses me off?
European Carp, (Carassius auratus auratus).
Last year I went fishing on the Murray river (near Tocomal).
Morning noon and night, they were all I could bloody catch.

(This one was under the legal size so I had to release it!) Sad

Last edited by 3.14159 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:06 pm

3.14159 wrote:
What pisses me off?
European Carp, (Carassius auratus auratus).
Last year I went fishing on the Murray river (near Tocomal) and they were all I could bloody catch.

You mean Tocumwal?

The Murray Cod up there are rippers. Biggest one I ever saw was just over 5 foot long and 100 pounds.

Fkn carp though.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:29 pm

I fished Tocomwall for a couple of dazes and all I caught nothing but carp, cheap whine (and a 3 dae grow).

Then I went up the river to a little town called El Cobram and caught giant yellow tail by the bucketload.
Murray cod with tales big enough for 2 tinnies.

I wondered WHY the fishing was bad in one spot and so bloody brilliant at the other and I reckon I nutted it out.
You see, in Tocomwall we drank nsw beer and used giant cock-roach's for bait.

Up river @ El Cobramo, I was fishing with some mexican Union mates, drank cold Vic and we used taco's as bait.

Wink
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:57 am

The Prototype wrote:
Money went missing from the bank account, the place that took it said they will refund it but will take up to 30 days... So I have no money to do anything with over the weekend, however I have 95.96 from my blog, which can go into paypal, only problem is I cannot get it in the bank for three days.

So I'm kinda stuck for things to do. Offered to transfer it to a friend in return they put the money into my account, but alas no luck.

Silly bank. Confused

Found a solution, so it's all good now.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:40 am

3.14159 wrote:
I fished Tocomwall for a couple of dazes and all I caught nothing but carp, cheap whine (and a 3 dae grow).

Then I went up the river to a little town called El Cobram and caught giant yellow tail by the bucketload.
Murray cod with tales big enough for 2 tinnies.

I wondered WHY the fishing was bad in one spot and so bloody brilliant at the other and I reckon I nutted it out.
You see, in Tocomwall we drank nsw beer and used giant cock-roach's for bait.

Up river @ El Cobramo, I was fishing with some mexican Union mates, drank cold Vic and we used taco's as bait.

Wink

hah, keep in mind it's all NSW water.

tastes a lot like Tooheys too. Razz

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:29 pm

The Prototype wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
Money went missing from the bank account, the place that took it said they will refund it but will take up to 30 days... So I have no money to do anything with over the weekend, however I have 95.96 from my blog, which can go into paypal, only problem is I cannot get it in the bank for three days.

So I'm kinda stuck for things to do. Offered to transfer it to a friend in return they put the money into my account, but alas no luck.

Silly bank. Confused

Found a solution, so it's all good now.

Glad to here it Proto.
Being penny-less (even for a few days) can be very stressful and leave you feeling worthless and vulnerable.
I'm not much further up the money tree than you and when my balance gets low or dips in the red I try and follow the Micawber Principle.
(Wiltkins Macawber from Dickens David Copperfield).

Micawber is known for asserting his faith that "something will turn up". His name has become synonymous with someone who lives in hopeful expectation. This has formed the basis for the , based upon his observation:

He says a few other things about living next door to poverty ...

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery."

I myself could not live on 20 quid a year so I try and put some aside for a rainy day (or a flood...or a fire) but it's difficult and never enough (as you well know).

Sometimes we all get caught with our Maicawber's down.

Chin up, keep swinging and allwaes think positive.

Last edited by 3.14159 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Hehe

Or do the washing,it's amazing how much profit I make, and down the back of the couch!

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:08 pm

3.14159 wrote:
Glad to here it Proto.
Being penny-less (even for a few days) can be very stressful and leave you feeling worthless and vulnerable.
I'm not much further up the money tree than you and when my balance gets low or dips in the red I try and follow the Micawber Principle.
(Wiltkins Macawber from Dickens David Copperfield).

Micawber is known for asserting his faith that "something will turn up". His name has become synonymous with someone who lives in hopeful expectation. This has formed the basis for the , based upon his observation:

Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones named one of his guitars (an early '50s Fender Telecaster with a Gibson PAF humbucking pickup installed in the neck position) "Micawber." Richards is known to be a fan of Dickens. Of the unusual moniker attached to the instrument, Richards said, "There's no reason for my guitar being called Micawber, apart from the fact that it's such an unlikely name. There's no one around me called Micawber, so when I scream for Micawber everyone knows what I'm talking about."

He says a few other things about living next door to poverty ...

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery."

I myself could not live on 20 quid a year so I try and put some aside for a rainy day (or a flood...or a fire) but it's difficult and never enough (as you well know).

Sometimes we all get caught with our Maicawber's down.
&
Something all ways turns up.

Chin up, keep swinging and allwaes think positive.

Thanks, yeah it's a tough one but I've learned from my parents how to survive on barely anything lived through it all growing up and even now. The last few days have been tougher, but I try to be positive sometimes it's lost in the sea of depressed thoughts and feelings but I'm battling on.

But it will get there, some days are tougher than others, but it all works out in the end so thanks.

Hope all works out with you and the battles you've been facing lately. Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:09 am

The incessant ads on TV for Dancing With The Stars. To paraphrase Jim Morrison, they're all a bunch of %$#@ing slaves.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am

B doubles. Just saw the damage to a mid size car on the ring road by a b double. The road is grid lock, ambulance still there. Turn off onto sunshine ave, and lucky I don't floor it at traffic lights cos some $£$%^%%$ idiot trucky would have taken me out as he floored it through a must have been already, red light. Followed by another one! WTF! This is a busy suburban road! Fucktards
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:49 am

Sorry my body cannot yet rotate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:01 pm

Have you ever been in a B Double TP?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:41 pm

think positive wrote:
B doubles. Just saw the damage to a mid size car on the ring road by a b double. The road is grid lock, ambulance still there. Turn off onto sunshine ave, and lucky I don't floor it at traffic lights cos some $£$%^%%$ idiot trucky would have taken me out as he floored it through a must have been already, red light. Followed by another one! WTF! This is a busy suburban road! Fucktards

Most truckies actually do a really good job. It's not big money and they have a lot of regulations to comply with and safety considerations.

Most accidents between trucks and cars are caused by the car driver not being able to comprehend the fact that a 50 tonne truck aint going to pull up as quickly as a Hyundai Excel, so when some numbnut cuts in front of them then slams on the brakes because there's a red light ahead, the truckie is going to have to resort to serious evasive tactics to avoid just grinding said Hyundai and passengers into canned pizza topping.

A cousin of mine is a truckie, did the drive from Alice to Adelaide and back for a couple of years. Geez he has some stories.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Nah I'm not going with most. Most are under the pump and too many take stupid risks. there is a bloody awful roundabout round the corner from the warehouse we are working on, and every time I go round it, I go slow and wait, because so often, the trucks (this is a major industrial area) just expect to be able to go through. Sure enough today, I turn right, and had I not stopped a truck would have at least clipped me. And he goes off at me! Because I hesitated, even though I could see this 50tonne beast coming in way too fast from my tiny VW! So he got the finger back! A cop could stand at that roundabout and make a years pay in a day. Because it's a dead end street, and all warehouses, after about 4 they simply pull across the wrong side of the road when ever they feel like it, it's like playing $£$%^%%$ chicken.

I've had trucks sit on my arse too often, when I'm doing the speed limit or close to it in the left hand lane. When my daughter was on red P plates it happened all the time driving to UNi in Geelong. Scared the crap out of her. All they need is a kid to panic and it's all over. It's $£$%^%%$ dangerous. Bugger 100 speed limited it should be 10klm lower than the rest of the traffic.

Driving in the states, doing 60. - 70 mile an hour, and the trucks have to stay in the right lane and they do 10 mile per hour less than the cars. And it feels so much safer.

Every red light needs a camera. And any moron going through should get massive points and fine. Especially in a truck! And yes, my stupid husband thinks Amber means floor it too, and I blast him every time. And he wonders why the kids discs need machining every 6 months.

And don't get me started on shit flying off trucks. Had a hail storm on my bonnet the other day, not happy. When the guy got decapitated on the west gate by a brake disc off a truck. I was about 5 cars behind him.

And yeah I know cars jump in front of trucks, and yes that's just as bad. But at least the car will come off worse, and the driver asked for it. I nearly got totalled twice today, and neither time was my fault.

Rant over!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 532, 533, 534 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 533 of 719   

Jump to: