Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 689, 690, 691 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

/\ have you switched to an nbn provider yet? apparently we now have it! is it optional or am i already on their lines and havent noticed? i have a stack of pamphlets and letters to sort through, and really cant be bothered, as i really dont trust any of them! can anyone recommend a company? does it matter?

just switched the A/C to heat, i cant get warm today! yesterday i was between two bits of scaffolding sealing gaps, laying down on my crook shoulder, which feels like its gone back 6 months in rehab today, and it was belting down. Thank god anything i can do on scaffolding is now done! Hubby sure as hell wont let me near the paint gun!!

roll on spring!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Nah, haven't switched, I'm staying on the cable til I have to change.

Tech came out Monday while I was at work and replaced some connector or something in the box on the outside wall. Spoke to him on the phone and he reckons that should stop it and so far so good. May have had something to do with when they installed the second foxtel box a while back and had to run a second coax from the box.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:42 pm

THIS! Evil or Very Mad

Cancer patients at Peter Mac harassed by anti-euthanasia protesters

Distressed cancer patients and staff have been harassed by anti-assisted dying protesters who handed them pamphlets describing voluntary euthanasia as "patient killing by doctors".

A group of protesters lobbied outside the hospital's Grattan Street entrance last week and distributed flyers describing voluntary euthanasia as "state sanctioned killing" purporting to be from the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/cancer-patients-at-peter-mac-harassed-by-anti-euthanasia-protesters-20190410-p51cps.html
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:53 pm

^

Fkn numbats. The people dying of cancer and the staff trying to support them through it really need that shit.

So many sanctimonious self righteous tossers wanting to tell people how to think these days.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:10 pm

There is a fire station near there. Use the trucks and hose those tosspots down the drown. The staff and patients (and families) have a enough stress without those pricks. Probably the same mob who are not allowed to vilify people outside abortion clinics.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Sitting at home spaced out on Endone after slicing a couple of tendons on the back of my right hand. Installing a space heater when my hand slipped and whacked into a sharp metal edge.

Had surgery on Saturday, likely to be off work for at least two weeks. Sort of lucky Easter and Anzac day reduces days lost.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Ow, days lost would be the last thing I’d worry about

Get healed soon!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
Sitting at home spaced out on Endone after slicing a couple of tendons on the back of my right hand. Installing a space heater when my hand slipped and whacked into a sharp metal edge.

Had surgery on Saturday, likely to be off work for at least two weeks. Sort of lucky Easter and Anzac day reduces days lost.

Ow, fair hit. Shocked

Hope you recover soon

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:51 pm

How the **** didthe prick who killed his wife only get 6-9?
He should have got that for lying to his daughter, and another lot for lying to the police.
He should have got that for the bit where he won’t disclose what happened.

This is not manslaughter it’s murder every day of the week, what a $£$%^%%$ joke our justice system is. What a $£$%^%%$ travesty

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:24 pm

Well, because he wasn't sentenced for murder - he was sentenced for manslaughter. I've pointed this out many times before but I will say it again: it doesn't matter what the judge actually thinks, they can only sentence a person for the particular crime of which they've been found guilty.

Here are the sentencing reasons: http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/cases/vic/VSC//2019/253.html

At sentencing, the only significant disagreement between the prosecution and the defence seems to have been about how serious an instance of manslaughter this was. The Judge concluded it was serious - but not as serious as some.

Here, for comparison, is a statistical analysis the sentencing council did of manslaughter sentences over a five-year period a few years back: https://www.sentencingcouncil.vic.gov.au/publications/sentencing-snapshots/141-manslaughter-higher-courts. If one looks at the "imprisonment length" table, it looks like manslaughter sentences in Victoria typically ranged from 6 to 11 years, so 9 is not unusual.

We might or might not agree with the Court's reasons but it's no surprise that this was the outcome.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 pm

It helps the prosecution if they have the victim's body.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:15 pm

They have the body.

See that’s what i don’t like P4S the max is 20 the judge should be able to give that, does anyone really believe this was an accident? If so why would he not say what happened?

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:27 am

It doesn't matter what anyone believes, it's what can be proven.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:14 pm

think positive wrote:
They have the body.

See that’s what i don’t like P4S the max is 20 the judge should be able to give that, does anyone really believe this was an accident? If so why would he not say what happened?

No-one thinks it was an accident. If it were an accident, there would be no criminal offence in relation to the death (although there might, of course, be other offences in relation to concealment, obstruction of justice etc). Thus, it was manslaughter.

In that sentencing link I posted, the information plainly demonstrates that the usual "tariff" for manslaughter was between about 6 and about 11 years. The maximum given in the 5-year period was between 14 and 15 years. That door prize was awarded to a lucky recipient just once. No-one got more than 15 years - and probably no-one is ever going to. A judge who hands out a higher than usual sentence and thereby goes outside the established sentencing range for a particular crime will likely have the sentenced overturned on appeal for "manifest excess".
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:04 pm

Here's some updated data: https://www.sentencingcouncil.vic.gov.au/publications/sentencing-snapshots/224-manslaughter-higher-courts-victoria

This covers the 5 years to 2017-18. No-one got more than 13 years. Of 68 people sentenced, 60 got less than 11 years and the most common sentence was - wait for it - "8 to less than 9 years".
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 689, 690, 691 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 690 of 719   

Jump to: