Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 648, 649, 650 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hottest Christmas Day in Melbourne since 1998! Here's hoping it's cooler next year.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:47 pm

Back's gone.

I'm really not very bright sometimes, I felt it going yesterday but because it was Xmas day and I had shit to do I just dosed up on Nurofen and alcohol. Woke up this morning and it's farcked.

Still, good excuse to have a lie down on the swing chair out in the backyard, read swanny's book while listening to the cricket on the radio and having a few beers.

Hope it comes good quickly, I'm helping the son move house on Wednesday. Me and him and a truck. Could be entertaining if the back spasms on me while I'm lifting a fridge into the back of the truck. Methinks the trolley may have to get more of a workout than first thought.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Jezza wrote:
Hottest Christmas Day in Melbourne since 1998! Here's hoping it's cooler next year.

Nah loved it! Good excuse to sit outside in the shade, rather than inside in bloody air conditioning with all hubbies side of the family! Had a lovely snooze!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:32 am

Each to their own, Jo. I do know many people who love the hot weather as well, but it just doesn't suit me.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:42 am

David wrote:
Perhaps the issue was never priests in the Catholic Church so much as any form of institutional power that gave adults unmoderated access to children. Kind of terrifying to think about.

Nail hit head David as the Royal Commissions have shown. It is not confined to the Catholic church as the brave Manny Waks has shown with great courage.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:43 pm

80mm of rain in an hour.

That's a fkn harsh test of the drainage . Just spent an hour in the shed/carport with a broom, shovel and silicon gun. Water got onto the carport floor, flooded it and then got into the shed via the door.

Far canal, an hour working in that humidity I nearly had to go for the scissors to get the singlet off. I dropped the shorts on the floor and they ran off somewhere by themselves

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:44 pm

What happened to it?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:25 pm

Everyone saying how bad 2016 has been.

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I had a great year.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Jezza wrote:

Ditto, I just posted an affirmation of that on Facebook!

Glass half full, not empty.

For example, my brother in law was diagnosed with kidney and secondary liver cancer in January, he was at deaths door, and yet a recent change of meds, he's still here, and he looks better than he has in ages, be thankful for borrowed time - less fortunate get run down looking at Christmas lights, or going on a theme park ride at just the wrong microsecond in time

Last night my 16 year old toy poodle jumped off the couch and dislocated his hind leg, he was in agony. Due to advance congenital heart disease, sadating him fully for X-rays was out of the question. Thankfully no break found, he is home, he is waddling, on big time pain meds, but hey, he's is breathing. Instead of the planned dinner with Pa Marmo at the pub, I'll be home with Max, but hey, once again, he is breathing! More borrowed time to be thankful for!

I ran the Rocky steps to the tune of 'gunna fly' I saw the BLT (bear/lion/tiger) just a month before they became the BT! I marvelled at the wonder of Niagara Falls, I held up 5 cop cars with their sirens blaring with a push bike in Central Park, New York on the Fourth of July! And I went white water rafting in the Rocky Mountains, Denver, Colorado! I went to a magical wedding in Hawaii, and I actually stood on a surfboard in the surf of Waikiki! My eldest graduated uni, ythe first in either family to do so, and has a great job in the city. Hubby's blood count is still zero, and Junior still wants to go to the footy with me in 2017!

Cheers guys, I hope you all have a safe, happy New Years Eve, and a wonderful 2017 to be thankful for. And most importantly of all! Bring home that blooody premiership! Hey, we can dream! Go Pies!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:14 pm

Yeah, I'm not with the 2016 was a shit year brigade, I had a ball.

First Grandson born, Holidays to the USA and Port Douglas, moved Mum down to Melbourne, my health is good and despite work throwing up challenges it's paying well and I'm getting shit done, new shed built and a lot of work round the house. I've had a good year. Very Happy

So a few celebrities croaked. meh.

But, back on topic, decided to try my luck at the sales and pick up a couple of business shirts with french cuffs so I can use some of the cufflinks I have. You'd reckon that would be easy yeah? Not when you've got arms like mine it's not.

Tried Myers and a few other shops at Norfland yesterday, then the Van Heusen outlet at Uni Hill today. Ba Bow. (Short of getting them tailored, only Van Heusen make shirts that fit me properly)

Found several shirts I liked but all built for blokes who would need to bend over to scratch their own balls. Tried on a couple in different shops cos the counter monkey was sure they would fit me, only to see the look of shock on their face when as soon as I put my arm out straight, the cuff is half way up my forearm..

Far kit. I suppose it's an excuse for another US holiday next winter. Hope Trump hasn't driven the US dollar too high.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:12 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So a few celebrities croaked. meh.

Pretty much my view. Good things and bad things happened around the world, like any year.

Can't even say whether this year was particularly 'good' or 'bad' for me. I got through it! Hope I can say the same this time next year. Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:51 am

How could you have anything but a good year with a mini me running around! Cheers!
partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Jezza wrote:

Me too Jezza, and Im looking forward to the new one
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:58 am

partypie wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Me too Jezza, and Im looking forward to the new one

Same here Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:08 am

this guy might have a point but only if he gives up his own ministerial pension!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-02/david-leyonhjelm-calls-to-restrict-pension-assets-test/8157924

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 648, 649, 650 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 649 of 719   

Jump to: