Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 624, 625, 626 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

LOL, I get it. Laughing

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

LOL, I get it. Laughing

Can't remember the name of the Bruce Willis movie or if it's actually called a chalk board. Alcohol has kicked in.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:05 pm

5150 wrote:
You would think that but some (me included) really want pain and suffering to certain creeps. ISIS for instance, I hope they all barrack for Carlton & Essendon. Rapist, may they be fed their own dicks in a hot dog bun. Kid fiddlers/murderers, should be made to wear chalkboard with "go back to Africa" in Frankston/Dandenong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwpfSkB8nls

Laughing

Bad word in the video that rhymes with bigger, so don't watch it if you're an easily offended special snowflake.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:06 pm

Wokko wrote:
5150 wrote:
You would think that but some (me included) really want pain and suffering to certain creeps. ISIS for instance, I hope they all barrack for Carlton & Essendon. Rapist, may they be fed their own dicks in a hot dog bun. Kid fiddlers/murderers, should be made to wear chalkboard with "go back to Africa" in Frankston/Dandenong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwpfSkB8nls

Laughing

Bad word in the video that rhymes with bigger, so don't watch it if you're an easily offended special snowflake.

Beat me to it! Love my Bruce, and this is the third Die hard movie. Hmm might have to put no 4 on in the gym tomorrow! Or maybe 5! He never gets old!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:07 pm

ronrat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
So, your theory about criminal punishment possibly tends toward being one aimed at administering retribution, rather than rehabilitation?

Sadly, this is hardly a fringe view.

Incarceration and deprivation of liberty in it's own right is punishment and a form of retribution.

There is a question of public safety. People should feel safe putting putting flowers on a grave or going into a chocolate shop for a coffee. You can't rehabilitate those who don't want to be.

True that! Some people are not sick, just $Ł$%^%%$ evil

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
The question is what precedence it should take over more practical considerations like rehabilitation. There are obviously competing schools of thought here: those like TP who think that the main purpose of criminal punishment is to cause maximum pain and hardship to bad people, and those like me who think that retribution should have little to no place in criminal sentencing. Our justice system has certainly moved much closer to the second view than the first one, but there's still considerable support for the first way of thinking out there in society. I hope it won't always be that way.

I think the desire for retribution is actually a predictable emotive response. The majority of the time, when people espouse imaginative punishments for vile crimes, it's just emotive venting not their real deep belief.

I'll happily join in the chorus of venting about a particular creep and propose they be strangled slowly with barbed wire or suffer genital mutilation for a particular crime, but If the justice system actually went that far i wouldn't be overly happy.(mind you, if someone raped my daughter and I was offered 5 minutes alone with them in a room and no recriminations, I'd take it in a heart beat)

Many of the people who propose these things would vomit if they had to witness the retribution they call for. Can we just take it for what it is? Mainly venting?

Yep again Stui nails it!

Gees David, I'm an emotional person, I would have thought that was obvious by now!

This &*( is beyond help, and should be locked up permenantly at the very least.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:19 pm

think positive wrote:

July 25th 2013. 12.15am

stuff that just happens with no reason...

im a great believer in Karma and I always look for the why?

last year one of juniors best friends, was standing next to her at the front of the class ready to speak, when she suddenly started acting strange. she is a real character, so they thought she was mucking around, until she had a massive seizure. half the class got picked up early, the lot of them standing their, white faces, tears streaming down their cheeks, was awful. I cried too.

then she had another while she was with her tennis coach about 2 months ago.

Monday Junior came home in tears, the poor kid had a major one sunday, smashed her face on the oven door on the way down, and it sliced open her cheek like a razor, and somehow almost grated the skin. 5 hours of plastic surgery sunday night. a gorgeous, vibrant, 17 year old kid.

we visited her tonight. I gotta say I thought junior was pretty brave about it all. I mean what do you say. the mum hustled me in, made me coffee. such a strong lady. the kid comes up, and gives me a big hug. she must have at least 200 stiches, about an inch from her eye, all the way under chin, like a tree branch, over her cheek. OMG she is just amazing. as junior said on the way home, the fuss teens make over a pimple, puts things into perspective....shes a real cool kid, doing the personal training course with junior in thornbury.

her mum was telling us all about the chinese revolution, how she was shipped off from school, but she was lucky, she was sent to a zoo to work! and then a hospital, with 30 woman in one ward, all giving birth at the same time. she was delivering babies before she even got her period!! scary shit!! which explains her cool demeanour with the ambulance, while the father apparently screamed "do something, shes dying"!!

this gorgeous, chinese, kiwi born, raised in oz, kid, just wowed me tonight.
shes gotta be hurting, she says its painful and annoying, but her attitude, for a 17 year old, was amazing. thank God it missed my eye and the jugular she says!! I bought her special oil for the scarring, and a massive soft, um, cow (junior picked it!) and in return, I got the most humbling moment of my life. I thank the Lord I know this kid, and she is such good friends with junior.

so what pisses me off is the why? and what next?
how can this be?
but ill still say a prayer tonight, that the doc has good news tomorrow...

so with a small glass of Red, here's to Fiona, thankyou honey, your amazing

So much happens in three years, the kids finished school, went off to different unis or jobs, but they still keep in touch, in fact just last Saturday night they all went to see Carl Baron in the city. The same bunch of gorgeous girls with their whole lives and dreams ahead of them.

And then today I come home and caits car is here, but she's not. I ring her. A friend and her friends mum picked her up and took her to another friends house. Sharing the news that I still just can't begin to process.

Fiona took her own life last night.

I joined the posse and we continued around to share the news in person. So many heartbroken faces, so many tears. We don't know anything apart from She is gone. And a piece of my heart went with her. Fiona was vibrant, fun loving, clever, caring, and in so many ways, wise beyond her years. She will be forever in our hearts, young and wonderful.

RIP Fiona, God bless You. XXXX

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Awwwww shit. Sad
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:11 pm

That is so sad TP.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:40 am

Cheers guys, thanks, it's been a long night.
Cait is totally shattered, I don't even know where to start,
They are meeting up at their old school tomorrow, and I've offered my place to get together, just being there for each other I guess.
Thinking of her parents, so very heartbreaking

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:19 am

So very sorry to hear that TP, it can be very tough. I cannot begin to imagine how any of them and you must be feeling right now.

Thoughts are with you and them during this tough time.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:44 am

So sorry for all concerned, take care xxxxx
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:36 am

Thankyou guys xxxx
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:22 pm

think positive wrote:
think positive wrote:

July 25th 2013. 12.15am

stuff that just happens with no reason...

im a great believer in Karma and I always look for the why?

last year one of juniors best friends, was standing next to her at the front of the class ready to speak, when she suddenly started acting strange. she is a real character, so they thought she was mucking around, until she had a massive seizure. half the class got picked up early, the lot of them standing their, white faces, tears streaming down their cheeks, was awful. I cried too.

then she had another while she was with her tennis coach about 2 months ago.

Monday Junior came home in tears, the poor kid had a major one sunday, smashed her face on the oven door on the way down, and it sliced open her cheek like a razor, and somehow almost grated the skin. 5 hours of plastic surgery sunday night. a gorgeous, vibrant, 17 year old kid.

we visited her tonight. I gotta say I thought junior was pretty brave about it all. I mean what do you say. the mum hustled me in, made me coffee. such a strong lady. the kid comes up, and gives me a big hug. she must have at least 200 stiches, about an inch from her eye, all the way under chin, like a tree branch, over her cheek. OMG she is just amazing. as junior said on the way home, the fuss teens make over a pimple, puts things into perspective....shes a real cool kid, doing the personal training course with junior in thornbury.

her mum was telling us all about the chinese revolution, how she was shipped off from school, but she was lucky, she was sent to a zoo to work! and then a hospital, with 30 woman in one ward, all giving birth at the same time. she was delivering babies before she even got her period!! scary shit!! which explains her cool demeanour with the ambulance, while the father apparently screamed "do something, shes dying"!!

this gorgeous, chinese, kiwi born, raised in oz, kid, just wowed me tonight.
shes gotta be hurting, she says its painful and annoying, but her attitude, for a 17 year old, was amazing. thank God it missed my eye and the jugular she says!! I bought her special oil for the scarring, and a massive soft, um, cow (junior picked it!) and in return, I got the most humbling moment of my life. I thank the Lord I know this kid, and she is such good friends with junior.

so what pisses me off is the why? and what next?
how can this be?
but ill still say a prayer tonight, that the doc has good news tomorrow...

so with a small glass of Red, here's to Fiona, thankyou honey, your amazing

So much happens in three years, the kids finished school, went off to different unis or jobs, but they still keep in touch, in fact just last Saturday night they all went to see Carl Baron in the city. The same bunch of gorgeous girls with their whole lives and dreams ahead of them.

And then today I come home and caits car is here, but she's not. I ring her. A friend and her friends mum picked her up and took her to another friends house. Sharing the news that I still just can't begin to process.

Fiona took her own life last night.

I joined the posse and we continued around to share the news in person. So many heartbroken faces, so many tears. We don't know anything apart from She is gone. And a piece of my heart went with her. Fiona was vibrant, fun loving, clever, caring, and in so many ways, wise beyond her years. She will be forever in our hearts, young and wonderful.

RIP Fiona, God bless You. XXXX

Bloody hell. All the best to you, your daughter & Fiona's family.

Last edited by watt price tully on Mon May 02, 2016 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:29 pm

This pales into insignificance compared to the above.

Building garden beds & banged in some short star pickets to hold in the timber borders. Made a mental note that these things are dangerous & need to get some more yellow caps so they can be seen.

Then I skunned my left shin with blood pouring out. Had to take my muddy boots off then go upstairs to the bathroom with blood oozing down lower leg. made another mental note: should shave my legs - which I've never done before: one flannel & 6 bandaids later it stopped the oozing.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 624, 625, 626 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 625 of 719   

Jump to: