Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 623, 624, 625 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
I had a whiskey 30 seconds after I walked in the door, decided against anymore and switched to the beer and red and breathing.

Hehe try icecream from the tub and chocolate!

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
What pisses me off more is that an hour after I posted that above, I'm still angry.

Angry a little is good, I can harness that and use it. Angry a lot is not good. I do dumb things.

Time to breathe. I've got a meeting tomorrow morning and if I can't put this in a box before then, it's not going to be pretty.

Read the camel toe thread again. its the gift that keeps on giving.

Here's a tip - scour the net and see if you can add to it without using the pink/red tracksuit lady that swallowed David.

I await your contribution...
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:14 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I said to someone today, it must be a full moon, I'm inundated with feral phukwits.

Then I realised it was a full moon.

They're still feral phukwits.

I know how you feel.

I have spent most of today explain stuff to people that I have already done at least a couple of times previously - including my boss who should know all this stuff anyway. Not my fault that people don't listen.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:35 pm

Cleaning up after another shit tenant! Not as shitty as the last one, but gees how do people live like that? Mouldy showers, cobwebs $£$%^%%$ everywhere, it's just FILTHY! My parting words to our ex agent, "wow, three crap tenants in a row, how does that happen? " gone gone gone. And when I get all the bond back I'll be writing to the owner of the agency, just not good enough.

Ah, so now a rest, and the. I can clean my house up for visitors tomorrow night. Cos tomorrow, more $£$%^%%$ cleaning fixing gardening, ugh

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:16 am

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/31438954/vic-dad-admits-surrogate-daughter-abuse/

Oh man where do you even start on punishment for this prick? Talk about premeditated. Kill the bastard slowly, a red hot poker up the eye of his prick is a good start.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:40 am

So, your theory about criminal punishment possibly tends toward being one aimed at administering retribution, rather than rehabilitation?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:31 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, your theory about criminal punishment possibly tends toward being one aimed at administering retribution, rather than rehabilitation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6zqu_9Sb7w
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Sadly, this is hardly a fringe view.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

I don't care about trying to rehabilitate this scum bag, kill him fast if you want or put him in general population, he gave up his right to anything when he made the choices he did

It's premeditated, end of story

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:55 pm

Yep, spot on TP.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:33 pm

David wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Incarceration and deprivation of liberty in it's own right is punishment and a form of retribution.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:09 pm

The question is what precedence it should take over more practical considerations like rehabilitation. There are obviously competing schools of thought here: those like TP who think that the main purpose of criminal punishment is to cause maximum pain and hardship to bad people, and those like me who think that retribution should have little to no place in criminal sentencing. Our justice system has certainly moved much closer to the second view than the first one, but there's still considerable support for the first way of thinking out there in society. I hope it won't always be that way.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Incarceration and deprivation of liberty in it's own right is punishment and a form of retribution.

There is a question of public safety. People should feel safe putting putting flowers on a grave or going into a chocolate shop for a coffee. You can't rehabilitate those who don't want to be.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:41 pm

David wrote:
The question is what precedence it should take over more practical considerations like rehabilitation. There are obviously competing schools of thought here: those like TP who think that the main purpose of criminal punishment is to cause maximum pain and hardship to bad people, and those like me who think that retribution should have little to no place in criminal sentencing. Our justice system has certainly moved much closer to the second view than the first one, but there's still considerable support for the first way of thinking out there in society. I hope it won't always be that way.

I think the desire for retribution is actually a predictable emotive response. The majority of the time, when people espouse imaginative punishments for vile crimes, it's just emotive venting not their real deep belief.

I'll happily join in the chorus of venting about a particular creep and propose they be strangled slowly with barbed wire or suffer genital mutilation for a particular crime, but If the justice system actually went that far i wouldn't be overly happy.(mind you, if someone raped my daughter and I was offered 5 minutes alone with them in a room and no recriminations, I'd take it in a heart beat)

Many of the people who propose these things would vomit if they had to witness the retribution they call for. Can we just take it for what it is? Mainly venting?

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:47 pm

You would think that but some (me included) really want pain and suffering to certain creeps. ISIS for instance, I hope they all barrack for Carlton & Essendon. Rapist, may they be fed their own dicks in a hot dog bun. Kid fiddlers/murderers, should be made to wear chalkboard with "go back to Africa" in Frankston/Dandenong.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 623, 624, 625 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 624 of 719   

Jump to: