Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 609, 610, 611 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put it down to the fact you are a bloke Wokko Razz

It sounds horrific but it also sounds like you have pretty good insight and a handle on how to manage it. And if talking about it even on here with all us nuffies helps then even if it is just the chance to vent - then go for it!

I give a lot of presentations and thankfully I have never felt anxious - too full of myself perhaps Wink so I can't imagine what it must feel like.

Only time I have ever really been really anxious was when we were trying to get out of Morrocco and the eejits driving us to the border were trying to scam more money - those poor Muslim lads experienced the best of an explosive Irish temper and language that they could not have imagined existed!

Maybe try swearing a lot - seems to works for me - although maybe not in earshot of the daughter. I hope it passes quickly and doesn't reappear for ages ( not at all would be even better!)

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:15 pm

^Good luck with that Wokko. It is surprisingly common. My mother has it, and so does one of my children. It's a bastard.

The brain is a chemical system, and like any chemical system it needs the right balance of elements to function right. What the pharmaceuticals can do is simply help with that balance. If it keeps happening, i hope you'll see the doctor to see whether getting it medicated works for you. In truth, your body is producing too much adrenalin, or neurotransmitter, or whatever, and that should be treatable without bad side effects. Good luck with it.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:57 pm

Wokko wrote:
Wanted to get so much done today, had plans. All been shot down by crippling anxiety.

I've suffered from anxiety my whole life, occasionally depression too. Runs deep in my family, generally presenting as self medication; my father, both grandfathers, 1 grandmother and uncle are all either alcoholics or drug addicted (despite being fully functional and a successful member of society he is/was a heroin addict).

I've been white knuckling it to keep life moving; getting my daughter to school and picking her up, getting clothes washed and food, if not cooked at least ordered. Seems to be catching up with me because today I feel like if I try and do anything it's going to be bad... and if I do nothing it's going to be bad. Hard to describe to someone who doesn't suffer it, but imagine the feeling you get just before you have to speak in front of a crowd. Now feel it all day.

Anyway, just wanted to vent a bit because I'm getting pretty pissed off at myself for my lack of activity. Been exercising and eating pretty well to try and treat/manage this crap but for the last 3 days it just isn't working.

Oh well, deep breath and keep on keeping on I guess, just had to say something and I'm not a blurt it out on facebook kinda guy. Laughing Guess the fact I suffer from a mental illness wont come as a big surprise to some around here (even though I bet their money was on paranoid delusion) Laughing

All the best mate. You've got a tougher gig than many of us; hope you find some effective strategies and things can start to improve.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:56 pm

Wokko, old chap, no wonder you drive me mad: It's the mirror effect!

Anxiety of the sort you refer to is definitely as genetic as the day is long. It makes everything burdensome *in advance of it happening*, draining your energy before you even get there! What you describe makes perfect sense, and all I can say is you're not mad!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if anxiety is the dominant struggle, the depression that kicks in periodically is a sort of exhaustion from the weariness of living with the anxiety; the realisation that the anxiety battle is never won. Ideally it is "managed", but often the best one can seem to do is "handle" it.

We're all different, but keep pushing that reset button without apology. One of the hardest things is people not being able to see the struggle, as they would if you were in plaster or on crutches. Also, as the anxiety cycles, people see you at different times, with the mood contrast confusing them. So, not only does the anxiety make it hard to go out, which itself confuses people, it makes keeping a consistent mood up for others hard.

The effect of that is isolation with one's already burdensome anxious thought process.

I always liked that Leigh Matthews quote, "Don't explain and don't complain". Not because you shouldn't let it out like this, but because of how hard the bloody thing is to explain to people. You say too much, people get weary of you; you say too little, people get confused by you. Grr!

Anyhow, while anxiety affects our topic selection, it doesn't mean your logic and arguments are wrong in any given case, so don't think it takes anything away from your sanity. Anxiety makes you feel mad when your logic and reasoning are perfectly fine; all that's wrong is the weighting of things caused by anxiety crowding out other stuff. By causing us to overweight future concerns beyond our control, it reduces our sense of present efficacy, so we have to force ourselves to focus on present tasks that get us in " flow".

Easier said than done, but never let that bastard condition win!

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:31 pm

Yep, no need to add anything to that, a post I can 100% get behind Laughing. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and kind words, it's been a rough few days. I'm always better at night than during the day so ok now, just gotta hope to wake up from it in the morning.
partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Hey Wokko, I'm pretty sure there is quite a lot of yoga that you can do in the privacy of your own home, either dvd or online. The local library usually has some to borrow. I really like yogalates, which is Pilates and yoga combined. It is really good for anxiety, which I am prone to.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:57 pm

Stupid bloody people who significantly overstep the bounds of their scope of practice and knowledge and then argue argue argue and argue with but but but but and but in an attempt to cover up their fck up and lack of knowledge and understanding of in particular Acts governing consent and refusal to treatment ARGHHH!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:02 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Stupid bloody people who significantly overstep the bounds of their scope of practice and knowledge and then argue argue argue and argue with but but but but and but in an attempt to cover up their fck up and lack of knowledge and understanding of in particular Acts governing consent and refusal to treatment ARGHHH!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Watch the video on this link, picture yourself as either of the actors and the douchenozzle as Merrick.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/shows/merrick-and-australia/blog/2016/2/ice-cube--kevin-hart-lose-it-at-merrick-during-intense-interview/

Watch the sound, may have some expletives. Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:14 pm

^ Laughing Laughing Laughing

Plural but that's ok the clot is in my leg not my arm Wink Razz

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:27 pm

More underclass harassment today, with the usual tactic of leaning into our space and asking for 90 cents for a bus ticket. This time, two thugs, one leaning into my partner with an eye on her handbag. Yet again, I move to shield her and cop menacing eye contact. A few minutes later, a fearful, frail old bloke is bullied into conceding as they wander about isolating people, as I've witnessed several times now.

Oh, and not a hint of refugee or brownness about them.

Of course, I feel sorry for the poor buggers, but this complete abandonment of public space outside well-to-do suburbs, both in the UK and Ireland, is a disgrace.

Idea Instead of policing the streets, I say we privatise prisons and gate off more communities Rolling Eyes

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:02 pm

That marvellous height of human democracy and capitalism, the oil economy. If only we can sustain its funding of terrorism and economic instability for another fifty years, that would just be awesome Exclamation

http://www.theage.com.au/business/markets/tweet-relief-how-a-reporter-lifted-wall-street-20160211-gms7xf.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-11/oil-is-the-cheap-date-from-hell

Mugwump gets some Valentine's Day action Laughing Wink

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Those other terrorists walking about clean-shaven in suits, and the parasites who profit from their actions by turning a blind eye and hiding behind layers of middlemen:

The Guardian wrote:
Families of Americans killed by Mexican cartels sue HSBC for laundering billions

Four families are suing the British banking giant for allegedly allowing the gangs to launder billions, providing systematic material support to the cartels
Four families of Americans killed by Mexican drug cartels are suing British banking giant HSBC for allegedly contributing to their deaths by allowing the gangs to launder billions of dollars.

It is a fresh setback for the bank, whose operations in Mexico have been under scrutiny by US authorities for years. The bank processed at least $881m in cash for Mexicos Sinaloa cartel, regarded as the most powerful drug gang in the world, according to US authorities.

The suit claims that HSBC knowingly provided continuous and systematic material support to the cartels and their acts of terrorism by laundering billions of dollars for them. As a proximate result of HSBCs material support to the Mexican drug cartels, numerous lives, including those of the Plaintiffs, have been destroyed.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/11/families-of-americans-killed-by-mexican-cartels-sue-hsbc

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:39 pm

German bastard in our neighborhood walks his large dog on the quiet streets of the estate (not his by the way) so it can crap. Always carries a large stick. The Englishman next door had a go at him so he responded by hitting his puppy (that I bred) and my little poodle with his stick. I was in the shower and by the time I got outside he had buggered off. He also hit my mates shitzu a few months back. Revenge will be sweet, I know his car.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:58 pm

pietillidie wrote:
More underclass harassment today, with the usual tactic of leaning into our space and asking for 90 cents for a bus ticket. This time, two thugs, one leaning into my partner with an eye on her handbag. Yet again, I move to shield her and cop menacing eye contact. A few minutes later, a fearful, frail old bloke is bullied into conceding as they wander about isolating people, as I've witnessed several times now.

Oh, and not a hint of refugee or brownness about them.

Of course, I feel sorry for the poor buggers, but this complete abandonment of public space outside well-to-do suburbs, both in the UK and Ireland, is a disgrace.

Idea Instead of policing the streets, I say we privatise prisons and gate off more communities Rolling Eyes

Again I told you not to spend too much time in Dublin - grubs and thugs - it's a shite place always has been always will be! Surely you have been there long enough now to realise that a foreigner especially of colour would get pretty short shift!!!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:01 pm

ronrat wrote:
German bastard in our neighborhood walks his large dog on the quiet streets of the estate (not his by the way) so it can crap. Always carries a large stick. The Englishman next door had a go at him so he responded by hitting his puppy (that I bred) and my little poodle with his stick. I was in the shower and by the time I got outside he had buggered off. He also hit my mates shitzu a few months back. Revenge will be sweet, I know his car.

Twisted Evil and when you catch up with him - one for me please RR - gutless prick!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 609, 610, 611 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 610 of 719   

Jump to: