Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 590, 591, 592 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the hospital was not knowingly targeted, it'd be interesting to find out why it was hit. Incompetence, misinformation, training failure, who knows ?

The Russian actions in Syria are clearly based on shoring up Assad as their puppet, with the usual indifference to civilian casualities that they showed in Chechnya, in Crimea, in Ukraine and in many occupied states between 1945-1989. It is a rather different issue to the US's error or negigence in this case.

If the Us had done what Russia is now doing in Syria, we would have at least two threads of people screaming about American imperialism, rather than the crickets heard over the past 48 hours.

In policy terms, it may be that Assad is the lesser of two terrible evils, and we should be talking with the Russians to coordinate action to destroy ISIL... But it is always best to remember that the Russians are never our friends, where the democracies are.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:05 am

^ Really? Civilians die as 'collateral ' in US drone strikes on a regular basis, and I hardly read a thing about it on here. And most of us, from what I can tell, oppose Russian imperialism equally.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:30 am

David wrote:
^ Really? Civilians die as 'collateral ' in US drone strikes on a regular basis, and I hardly read a thing about it on here. And most of us, from what I can tell, oppose Russian imperialism equally.

Well, i have no doubt that civilians are killed in drone strikes. But as I understand it, there is a process of review prior to each strike and after, and there is a vigorous debate within the US over its justification. It is also broadly accepted by academic opinion that the drones have severely curtailed and disabled Al Qaeda. I don't think the US is indifferent to the matter of civilian casualties.

I don't share your impression that anywhere like the same number of posting inches have been dedicated to Russian aggression as are directed at Us involvement in the ME. This is a case in point. Russia has troops on the ground in Syria and it has just commenced a bombing campaign in support of the gas-dropper and barrel-bomber Assad. If the US had done that, i think the clamour on here would have been deafening.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Well, this is really for the sad thread, but I can't seem to find it. A beloved first cousin whom I grew up with has been sedated and is in his last moments before cancer wrests him away.

Sad, empty and angry all at once. He has taken some big hits along the way and has always had to fight for everything. F$^*ck the world. Anyhow, I'm proud of him for what he achieved and how he did it, and I'm really going to miss him.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:57 pm

^ Sorry to hear that PTID. Sounds like he has had a rough time of it, and there is no way to find much solace in this end. I am sure you are honouring his life in remembering some good times that you both had together. That thing about hits along the way is true. Life really is an obstacle course, and few make it through without a fair portion of pain and damage - but some people certainly have to bear more than their share.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:11 am

pietillidie wrote:
Well, this is really for the sad thread, but I can't seem to find it. A beloved first cousin whom I grew up with has been sedated and is in his last moments before cancer wrests him away.

Sad, empty and angry all at once. He has taken some big hits along the way and has always had to fight for everything. F$^*ck the world. Anyhow, I'm proud of him for what he achieved and how he did it, and I'm really going to miss him.

Sad I am so sorry to hear that, my nan went through that last year before her passing. I didn't get to see her in her final days, or go to the funeral. Cancer sucks, have had other family members fighting it.

It's been happening to my aunt for some time now as well, she almost died in 2006.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Left ankle decided to pack it in today. Hasn't given me grief for ages, now I have to walk like Oswald Cobblepot to get around until it comes good again. Mad
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:10 pm

We went to a wedding Sunday a week ago - old friends been together for many years and finally decided to be legit Laughing

Was a great day - great food, great wine and great craic Cool

2 days later the groom starting fitting and today has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer - fck!!!! Evil or Very Mad Sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:36 pm

Morrigu wrote:
We went to a wedding Sunday a week ago - old friends been together for many years and finally decided to be legit Laughing

2 days later the groom starting fitting and today has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer - fck!!!! Evil or Very Mad Sad

OMG thats so awful, hugs honey xxx

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Falling off a ferry on the way to Koh Samet and slamming into the jetty.2 fractured ribs and 2 fractures in my dominant arm. Then find out my Dad had a heart attack and a old golf buddy dies.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:34 pm

ronrat wrote:
Falling off a ferry on the way to Koh Samet and slamming into the jetty.2 fractured ribs and 2 fractures in my dominant arm. Then find out my Dad had a heart attack and a old golf buddy dies.

Geez Louise, take care of yourself RR. Sorry to hear, get well soon

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:35 pm

pietillidie wrote:

Sorry to PTID.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:36 pm

Morrigu wrote:

WTF? Jesus effen Christ.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:33 pm

ronrat wrote:

OMG that's awful, and hopefully, that's your three.

Gees mate, get well soon and I hope your dads ok xxx

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:59 pm

ronrat wrote:

Oh #ribs are so painful ouch ouch ouch - take care - they say bad thing come in threes hopefully that's yours - hope you dad is ok

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 590, 591, 592 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 591 of 719   

Jump to: