Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 571, 572, 573 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

Have you considered polyamory? A person can love multiple people at once. It doesn't have to be a mutually exclusive choice. I reckon this whole cultural idea of "having to make a choice" is bullshit.

We don't have to make a choice between friends or kids, so why do we have to make a choice between lovers?

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:44 pm

True. And it kind of speaks volumes about how I feel that I would even consider such a thing.

I don't know. I don't want her to suffer, that's all. She melted down last night and it's killing me to think that it was my fault. Well, maybe technically 50/50 with the other bloke, but still. I don't think she can handle polyamory. It's not my place to make a call like that but still ..
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:51 pm

Sad

Last edited by Morrigu on Wed May 13, 2015 9:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:59 pm

I suppose I could always 'remove' the other bloke.

How much does a hit job cost these days?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:01 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
When you pride yourself on not being emotional, it really fkn stings when the emotions bite back.

I need to practice more with the emotions. The last few weeks have been a real rollercoaster ride. They are too extreme for my liking. It's like the emotional equivalent of premature ejaculation - one little touch and I go off.

Yup, you're learning. When you keep the emotions on too short a leash, when they get off they go nuts like a kelpie pup let off the chain and all you can do is watch the carnage. Let them have free rein from the start doesn't work either.

So training them is the answer. It can be done. For $50 I'll send you the ebook I'm writing explaining how. Cool Wink

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:01 pm

Maybe I could find some other female for him to copulate with.

It's times like this I wish I had more female friends.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Nick - Pie Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
When you pride yourself on not being emotional, it really fkn stings when the emotions bite back.

I need to practice more with the emotions. The last few weeks have been a real rollercoaster ride. They are too extreme for my liking. It's like the emotional equivalent of premature ejaculation - one little touch and I go off.

Yup, you're learning. When you keep the emotions on too short a leash, when they get off they go nuts like a kelpie pup let off the chain and all you can do is watch the carnage. Let them have free rein from the start doesn't work either.

So training them is the answer. It can be done. For $50 I'll send you the ebook I'm writing explaining how. Cool Wink

Thanks. That's exactly what's happened. It's been way too long between drinks.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Nick - Pie Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Hehe you bugger, that's what I love about you!

Nick, don't listen. If you are thinking even thoughts about stepping away, your worthy.

If she is, she will come back before it's too late. Don't settle, never settle, don't go in wondering if there is someone else she's thinking of, well, you know!

Your worth more than that, we all are.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:57 pm

Thanks TP. I mean that.

I kind of feel like a right idiot for certain things I may have said in the past.

So this is what it's like to be a human? Frankly I don't see the appeal.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:19 am

Ohhhh I get that!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:23 am

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
Thanks TP. I mean that.

I kind of feel like a right idiot for certain things I may have said in the past.

So this is what it's like to be a human? Frankly I don't see the appeal.

there's a lot of sheldon cooper in you. and a bit of leonard. and raj. and even some wolowitz.

if she has to (or can't) choose she ain't for you.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:31 am

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
True. And it kind of speaks volumes about how I feel that I would even consider such a thing.

I don't know. I don't want her to suffer, that's all. She melted down last night and it's killing me to think that it was my fault. Well, maybe technically 50/50 with the other bloke, but still. I don't think she can handle polyamory. It's not my place to make a call like that but still ..

A lot of people can't. But I tend to think life is too short to not give it a go at some point. It strikes me that she's already in a polyamorous relationship of sorts whether she realises it or not; she just feels miserable about it (presumably because she feels it's an impossible situation, but for all I know there could be heaps of other stuff going on that you haven't mentioned).

The question is, what (not who, what) does she want? What do you want?

The idealist in me wants to believe that these situations can be resolved without grand tragic decisions, that maybe if you like each other's company and have a good time that doesn't need to end, but perhaps it's too long since I experienced the crazy elation, sorrow and madness of unrequited love. Whatever you decide, I hope you make the most of it.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:24 pm

think positive wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
^ yeah not looking forward to being in the sun and heat in Africa - MUCH!! Very Happy

You know I love you , but shit that's cruel!

On a brighter note, I have my visa sorted, juiior gets her passport pic tomorrow, so still hoping to do a stint as a volunteer! Anywhere bloody warm! Cheers xxx

Like Namibia - 27 and sunny today forecast for more of the same Cool

Sorry but can't wait - 2 more days of work and then sunshine and critters here we come - yippppeeeee Very Happy

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 pm

Probably a lot of places.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:53 pm

All I wanted was a couple of thousand Rand - go into the branch, order and within 3 working days cash is yours - yeah right Rolling Eyes

Fock me do the banks go out of their way to employ dickwads - 2 days of yeah nah well maybe by Friday - we will ring you if not by Friday - good if it doesn't arrive what will I do get the pilot to turn the plane back!!

ANZ muppet took the cake - " what would you want South African Rand for" - ah der maybe cause we are going to France Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 571, 572, 573 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 572 of 719   

Jump to: