Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 541, 542, 543 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Quality post, PTID: short and straight to the point.

That "amazing" photo of the American flag being raised at Iwo Jima, by the way, is a fake.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:17 pm

The men on the front line don't get to pick and choose, and they ALL deserve our respect.

Gees your a bunch of bitter old dudes

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:21 pm

I have never heard about The men on the front line don't get to pick and choose and they ALL deserve our respect .
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:21 pm

think positive wrote:
The men on the front line don't get to pick and choose

Correct. Nothing to do with the question, of course, just a red herring, but correct.

think positive wrote:
and they ALL deserve our respect.

Correct. Nothing to do with the question, of course, just a red herring, but correct.

think positive wrote:

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:

think positive wrote:

think positive wrote:

Don't like our flag eh?

Commie pinko bastard.

The protestors were complaining about our free trade agreement with China by burning yet another cheap Chinese import.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:31 am

Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:

think positive wrote:

think positive wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 am

It pisses me off that in this country $15,000 can buy you out of a rape conviction and jail time.
#SIDEBYSIDE
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:22 pm

He wasn't convicted, that's the point.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:49 pm

think positive wrote:
I don't care whos $$%^%%$ flag it is. all flags deserve respect, and especially from its own citizens.

that amazing photo of the American flag being raised at Iwo Jima, the simular picture after 9/11, they mean something.

and yeah you don't get it. and I give up trying to explain it. but your (and that's plural your) disrespect sucks. and if the day comes when we need the support of what ever force we have, I hope you all have to $$%^%%$ grovel at their feet. but you wont. because unlike you, they don't judge. they will help you anyway.

I'll never respect a flag. It's just a symbol. The concept that I might one day need to be protected by national forces (or even, in case of invasion, be part of those forces) doesn't change my view on that.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:17 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
I don't care whos $$%^%%$ flag it is. all flags deserve respect, and especially from its own citizens.

that amazing photo of the American flag being raised at Iwo Jima, the simular picture after 9/11, they mean something.

and yeah you don't get it. and I give up trying to explain it. but your (and that's plural your) disrespect sucks. and if the day comes when we need the support of what ever force we have, I hope you all have to $$%^%%$ grovel at their feet. but you wont. because unlike you, they don't judge. they will help you anyway.

I'll never respect a flag. It's just a symbol. The concept that I might one day need to be protected by national forces (or even, in case of invasion, be part of those forces) doesn't change my view on that.

And that's where you and I differ. The national forces stuff is irrelevant to me and I think you're taking of out of context here.

As I said earlier, for mine the flag IS a symbol, it's a symbol that represents the country so when you disrespect the flag you disrespect the country. Can you make that link? Even if you choose not to agree, be assured that a lot of people do and you want to think very carefully about which flag you disrespect and where, in some places it could get you filletted.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:21 pm

You are right, I could always upgrade my and that's plural your disrespect.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Tannin wrote:

That "amazing" photo of the American flag being raised at Iwo Jima, by the way, is a fake.

You and I have a seriously different definition of "Quality".
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:46 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Anything to avoid owning your major errors of judgement, Honest John.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:01 pm

pietillidie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Anything to avoid owning your major errors of judgement, Honest John.

No, I just choose to generally ignore your posts because i don't personally find very much in them worth reading, for a number of reasons I've gone into previously and feel no need to reprise.

I'm more than happy for you to post whatever you like and for those who enjoy reading your posts to do so, i just exercise my choice and that makes it all nice. Every one is happy. I come on Nicks to unwind, I don't need to feel antagonised.

Make of that what you want. Some people would reflect on their own behaviour and what it is about how they behave that disenfranchises so many people. Others won't even consider that option as it implies some level of blame or accountability on themselves. I'm pretty sure I know which category you're in.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
think positive wrote:

And that's where you and I differ. The national forces stuff is irrelevant to me and I think you're taking of out of context here.

As I said earlier, for mine the flag IS a symbol, it's a symbol that represents the country so when you disrespect the flag you disrespect the country. Can you make that link? Even if you choose not to agree, be assured that a lot of people do and you want to think very carefully about which flag you disrespect and where, in some places it could get you filletted.

Stui, you can repeat that you think a flag is a symbol as many times as you like because that's not at issue; your naive use of the word "country" as a filler for god knows what is.

What the heck is a "country"? Do you mean the soil? Do you mean the national borders? Do you mean the legal system? Do you mean Fred Smith's gut feelings which are the complete opposite of Mary Lee's? Do you mean the views of the dominant faction of the party in government?

Saying something is a "symbol" if you can't tell us what it symbolises is not much help. A national flag is not a stop sign or a green light.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 541, 542, 543 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 542 of 719   

Jump to: