Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 517, 518, 519 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

3.14159 wrote:

I don't like repeating myself but I did say I'd cut you some slack so...

I think avatars say something about the person choosing them.
1. I didn't like your old one so I told you how I felt about it a p.m.
all I was offering was my 2 cents worth.

Have what ever Avatar you like but if want 1 with a scream you could do a lot worse than this one...(2 cents again)

(it's a painting by Edward Munch and it was the inspiration for your present Avartar.

Tried your one and as the actress said to the bishop "it's too big", so deal with the nicks one I chose and whatever other issues you have.
Step one is to admit to a problem!
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:13 pm

^ You're out of date, 1061. "As the actress said to the bishop", indeed. I think you mean "as the schoolboy said to the bishop, the father, the brother, the welfare worker and the cardinal".
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:15 pm

The wind and 91km gusts down my way.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:17 pm

drug addled idiot said wrote:
Tried your one Blah blah blah blah something blah blah etc etc etc.....

what-ever, happy birthday!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:22 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The wind and 91km gusts down my way.

I just had a an intense hail shower with similar winds whip through here 20 mins ago and it had some fury!
(I'm about 500 metres higher than Melbourne and the clouds a lot closer to the ground (about 1/2 kilo closer I think)
We were flooded about 4 and 3 1/2 years ago (we lost bridges and houses damaged in both)
It's settled to a steady showers with gust to about 50k and railing off so I reckon we'll be right this time Wink
(It makes i hard stuff outside though)

My tanks are over flowing and theres' 2 creeks running down my drive.
And I have to get my spouting fixed and the telephone line off roof and into the ground asap.
Jo says I don't post enough pics like I used to so i'll I'll post a pic of this.
Might even include some new shots of te CFA Helicopter lining it's run up over my old house. It was flying at about 30 above me.

I wonder how Tannins spouting is holding up?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:43 pm

Tannin's spouting isn't connected up to the tank yet. Rely on this: the very day we connect it all up, that will be the last rain we get for the year.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:40 pm

Tannin wrote:
Tannin's spouting isn't connected up to the tank yet. Rely on this: the very day we connect it all up, that will be the last rain we get for the year.

Sorry I meant to say <edit: I wonder how Tannin is holding up worrying about his spouting not being finished yet...oops.

I've seen the assistant you insist on working along side and the good advise you completely ignore!
It you ever need a an assistant chief to the chief assistant directors best boy, please don't consider me.
Life is short enough as it is.
errr...
You live in a rain shadow anywae so why the rush?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:05 pm

Tannin wrote:

I'm still interested in what was so difficult about the job? Confused

Was the roof pitch buggered or was it just trying to get the water from the gutters to the tank? If it's the latter, apply siphonic principles and it's a piece of p155.

Irrespective, if Murphy's law spreads wider than your immediate block and comes my way, I'll be coming to visit with the CFA masterkey. Wink

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Was the roof pitch buggered or was it just trying to get the water from the gutters to the tank? If it's the latter, apply siphonic principles and it's a piece of p155.

Irrespective, if Murphy's law spreads wider than your immediate block and comes my way, I'll be coming to visit with the CFA masterkey. Wink

rolling around the floor laughing ha ha ha!

Err Stui, you'll need more than a CFA masterkey to pry Tannins assistant (the lovely miss B.) away from his work at hand.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:20 pm

I wasn't able to go to my nan's funeral today, while that was a little upsetting what really pisses me off is the way Laura's been treated at work. She's so upset right now, and it's hard to find a way to cheer her up right now knowing she has to work there tomorrow.

Two bad days in a row for her. Sad Just hard finding a new job around.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:21 pm

Not enough fall, Stui. Or rather, just barely enough if you cheat by, for example, taking the downpipe outlet out of the side of the gutter rather than from the bottom. A normal pop and elbow arrangement costs you about three inches. The way we have done it, we only spend a half-inch or so, leaving a couple of inches more useful fall to go between gutter and tank. Plus, we have reversed the flow direction so that the water goes south to where the tank is instead of north to a drain where it is mostly wasted.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:23 pm

3.14159 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Tannin wrote:

rolling around the floor laughing ha ha ha!

Err Stui, you'll need more than a CFA masterkey to pry Tannins assistant (the lovely miss B.) away from his work at hand.

Not helping. And I'd be very disinclined to apply a CFA master key to miss B. She sounds like quite a nice person apart from her micromanaging tendencies and choices in partners Razz

(A CFA masterkey is aka a 16 pound sledge hammer Wink )

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:24 pm

3.14159 wrote:

I think you will find that this is backwards. I am the mere assistant. For confirmation, just ask the lovely Miss B. I have no doubt of the answer.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:28 pm

Tannin wrote:
Not enough fall, Stui. Or rather, just barely enough if you cheat by, for example, taking the downpipe outlet out of the side of the gutter rather than from the bottom. A normal pop and elbow arrangement costs you about three inches. The way we have done it, we only spend a half-inch or so, leaving a couple of inches more useful fall to go between gutter and tank. Plus, we have reversed the flow direction so that the water goes south to where the tank is instead of north to a drain where it is mostly wasted.

OK, Cool.

Question, if you were struggling to get enough fall between where the water entered the downpipe from the gutter, and where it entered the tank, did you consider lowering the entry point to the tank by cutting a hole in it?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:32 pm

OK let's stop it now.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 517, 518, 519 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 518 of 719   

Jump to: