Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 488, 489, 490 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
I forget what it feels like to be a non smoker, it can't be that good otherwise I wouldn't have started again twice, but it better feel better than how I'm feeling right now.

Well done for giving it a go.

Some suggestions that worked for me:

If you can, try ceasing the things you'd do when you are having a smoke, that is, changing patterns of behaviour, changing the associations with smokes. I found that worked for me. I avoided going out socially for the first few weeks to the places where I would be tempted went to other places instead

Try the quit line or some such thing - just to talk & +ve feedback from folks who are aware of what you're going through

Open a bank account just for the smokes money you're saving & deposit weekly - save for a holiday for yourself - just on smokes money ( I was a pack a day smoker & a lot more when I drank at parties / do's etc.

First 5 days were the toughest after that it was a bit easier.

Don't listen to people who want to give you advice Wink

Seriously though, well done for giving it a go.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:17 am

I gave up smoking after 34 yearsand made an allocation from my pay of 150 dollars a fortnight in a Christmas club. Tht money was used to go on holidays to Thailand. It was mine, I could spend it on massages, beer, a better hotel, seafood etc. I met a waitress on one of those trips and we have been together 4 years and used that money to bring her here, take her to Bali and Chang Mai. I hope to move back for good after we win this years flag.

Use the money for something you have always wanted. It could be a set of golf clubs, membership of a wine club or a part share in a racehorse syndicate. It will be the best thing you can ever do.

And Stui if you don't think it is worth it pm me and I can send some photos.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:54 am

Doing a 3 hour round trip because someone has to drop off a borrowed vehicle at 11pm. Not happy Jan!
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:57 pm

The fact that nobody much visits the 'other AFL' forum yet. We've got to give it time, I guess, but I think I already regret posting my 'form ladder' thread there. It seemed to generate a bit of discussion when it was over in GD. Sad
partypie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:06 pm

Using a faulty self service checkout at local supermarket which also had faulty airconditioning. Won't be going there again
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:50 pm

David wrote:
The fact that nobody much visits the 'other AFL' forum yet. We've got to give it time, I guess, but I think I already regret posting my 'form ladder' thread there. It seemed to generate a bit of discussion when it was over in GD. Sad

They need to put them next to each other, it's too fricken hard, especially on footy nights, a couple of wine, and it's like where the **** is it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:36 am

Threads that are full of posts that are TLDNR .....
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:46 am

^ Your abbreviation is verbose. A simple "TLDR" would have been sufficient.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:19 am

I must be stupid, I apologise.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:05 pm

For the last 2 weeks I've had no internet and no phone.
I've just moved house and have been trying to get the phone connected.
I told them the ph should be on, it isn't, can you check the problem?"
They told me the line had been re-laid 3 months ago and it must be my hand-set....(it wasn't)
Finally they agreed the problem might actually be in the cable, so yesterday a bloke from the ph Co came.
He spent an hour doing something out the front and came inside to check the phone was live, it wasn't, so back out the front to find the problem...
After considerable umming and arrring he said, "hmmm, what's this?
... a "Warning Telephone cable, Do not dig!" sign had been hammered into the ground out hte front of my house by his company and it had severed my phone line.
He can't come back for at least two weeks so he ran a line across the front yard, down the side of the house, across the roof and into the house through a window.
When the wind blows my internet dis-connec
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:55 pm

3.14159 wrote:
For the last 2 weeks I've had no internet and no phone.
I've just moved house and have been trying to get the phone connected.
I told them the ph should be on, it isn't, can you check the problem?"
They told me the line had been re-laid 3 months ago and it must be my hand-set....(it wasn't)
Finally they agreed the problem might actually be in the cable, so yesterday a bloke from the ph Co came.
He spent an hour doing something out the front and came inside to check the phone was live, it wasn't, so back out the front to find the problem...
After considerable umming and arrring he said, "hmmm, what's this?
... a "Warning Telephone cable, Do not dig!" sign had been hammered into the ground out hte front of my house by his company and it had severed my phone line.
He can't come back for at least two weeks so he ran a line across the front yard, down the side of the house, across the roof and into the house through a window.
When the wind blows my internet dis-connec

Im sorry but i LOL!

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:14 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Day 2 without a cigarette. Thought the Champix stuff was supposed to take away the cravings. I could easily kill someone right now, just for looking at me the wrong way.

Today is a momentous day. Five years to the day since my last cigarette. I smoked for a good 20 years, and yeah when I smoked I meant it; 30-40 a day.
I tried to quit a few times, but five years ago, I was so sick of it that I mentally walked away from them. Didn't miss them, didn't even crave for one and haven't since. I don't feel or think anything now about smoking. I'm a complete non- smoker, I really think I was the second I finally stopped. My only advice is; try to quit, if you lapse then try again, repeat repeat until you genuinely don't want to smoke any more. Then the quitting won't quite be so difficult. Good luck, it's worth it.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:05 pm

^

Today is day 7. I still want one, so many of the rituals I used to relax were based around smoking. Coffee and a few smokes in the morning while reading news on the tablet. Mentally debriefing at work by going out for a smoke. Kicking back with a drink and a smoke in the evenings.

Most of the cravings have settled, but whether it's the withdrawal or the champix, I'm constantly on edge, always got that slight anxiousness in the pit of the stomach, I'm fidgety and can't relax.

So coming home from work tonight was a good test for my temper. Got home in a reasonable mood to find the back freezer had stopped sometime in the last 48 hours. Several deep breaths, I managed to avoid breaking anything or anyone, didn't go and grab the smokes in the bedroom even though I really wanted to, the closest I got to cracking it was throwing my shoes into the bedroom floor instead of through the window when I went to doff the suit so I could clean up.

Several hundred bucks worth of food to the bin and what utterly shits me is that all the meals I'dd cooked and frozen to take up to my mum at Easter now go to the dog.

I did a load of cooking while she was in hospital after breaking her hip just before she went home, so I could fiill her freezer up with easy options for when she couldn't be stuffed cooking for herself. She's eaten all those, so I'd been re-stocking.

Fuckfuckfuckityfuckfuckfuckcumbucketscuzbagdouchenozzlecarlscumsupportingretardedoffspringofa2dollarcrackwhoreandasyphliticresusmonkeywithonetesticleinabucketofpigsnightsoilfreezer. Sad

partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Sounds like you have passed a big test Stui. Best wishes to all the carers
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Fuckfuckfuckityfuckfuckfuckcumbucketscuzbagdouchenozzlecarlscumsupportingretardedoffspringofa2dollarcrackwhoreandasyphliticresusmonkeywithonetesticleinabucketofpigsnightsoilfreezer(

(Copyright S. Magpie, 2014.)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 488, 489, 490 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 489 of 719   

Jump to: