Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 696, 697, 698 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ring the council, they will lend you a trap! (yes i did this once! luckily the neighbour grew a brain before i needed to use it)
cats are not allowed to roam, any more than dogs are.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:50 pm

And once caught, those traps tend to fit neatly in a wheely bin that just happened to be full of water as you were cleaning it.
partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:22 pm

Went and picked up a trap from the council. Have to call the ranger if we catch anything and they contact the owner. There's actually two cats hanging round. We live opposite Ramsar wetlands (international treaty) and people let their cats wander. One of the damn cats is black and white!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:11 am

Stui, that’s horrible, I’m not a cat person, but that’s just cruel, that should be saved for umpires. Or Gil.

So, sanity prevailed, somehow our mate got the job, I guess they took another look at his answers!

Shit day for me however, got the crown done at 9.30am, I said 3 times it didn’t feel comfortable and there was a gap on the other side of my jaw, I paid and went back in again and said it’s not right. She says I’ll make an appointment in 2 weeks see how you go. Had a bowl of cereal and a banana for lunch, went out chasing house parts 2 hours later, driving on the freeway, singing along, and the crown broke, right where I said it didn’t feel right, all the way to the gum. It’s cutting crap out of my tongue, and eating is not fun, not even drinking! Back tomorrow at 9, she said Friday I said no way! The dentist of our childhood have a lot to answer for. Grrr

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:09 pm

soooo back to the dentist, i walk in she says "i knew that was going to break"! hmm, ok. then she tells me its a new thang, 3D generated unbreakable!! i pointed out it was unbreakable for all of 4 hours! the other one i have from a horse injury is 20 years old! so it took 30min or so to use an angle grinder to get the thing out, took more moulds and fitted another temporary crown, back next week for a metal tooth! call me jaws!! i dont care, its the back top one, you cant see it! but **** me dead, Stui you were right, bloody pain in the butt!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:32 pm

^

Yeah, I an't doing crowns or root canals again. Yank it, stick a screw in and build a tooth around that

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:28 pm

yeah i almost did that, bloody wish i had, i feel so crap right now, i just fell asleep on the coach...at 7pm! that is never me!
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:57 pm

This cnt sorry but there is no other word for this POS!!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-03/sa-police-officer-throws-rocks-at-wombat-in-video/11570502

Sack the scumbag and then jail him - fcken oxygen thief Evil or Very Mad
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:48 am

All that plus show him th3 same love he showed the poor wombat, stone the bastard, slowly
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:38 am

^

I've seen the article but chose not to watch the video.

Interesting question for David who staunchly believes that what you do in personal life is different from employment. Should an off duty Police officer videoed killing a wombat for fun by throwing rocks at it, be sacked?

What if he wasn't a cop but an Ambulance driver?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:53 am

I didn’t watch the video either

Since I believe if you assault or kill a police officer the punishment should be greater than for a civilian I believe a cop should be held to a higher standard of behaviour.

And I don’t agree that what you do in personal time should be completely seperate to your conditions if employment

This was out and out cruelty, utterly disgusting can you imagine the fear in that poor gentle creature? $$%^%%$ gutless %$^%$$% may he rot in hell, yes hell and evil are real!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:29 pm

I'll return to what I've always said about these things: what he's been videoed doing constitutes animal cruelty and, I presume, will be investigated and charged accordingly. So why not allow the law to take its course?

Now, it is possible that you can't actually serve in the police force with a criminal record (not sure if that's true or not), so, I guess a conviction here might make the argument a moot point. But otherwise, I don't think his employer needs to make a further example of him beyond whatever the law of the land will find, because I don't think cruelty to wombats compromises his capacity to fulfil his role. Others may reasonably disagree with that.

(Just read the article, and this is even more complex than it first seemed: if he was killing the wombat for food and it's in line with traditional Indigenous practices, then the police force may well have a discrimination case on their hands if they pursue this.)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:20 pm

He's a cop, he earns a decent wage, he doesn't need to kill a wombat for food (and certainly doesn't need to enjoy it that mutch) he can go to a supermarket.

He also has access to multiple options to kill it rather than throwing rocks.

This isn't a bloke living a traditional lifestyle.

When I used to hunt, priority was to get a clean kill, you don't want to inflict unnecessary pain.

Someone who seems to have enjoyed inflicting pain on an animal has no place in the Police.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Absolutely spot on Stui!!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-04/aboriginal-elders-divided-over-wombat-stoning-video/11573728

Aboriginal people are currently allowed to hunt for the purpose of food and culture under South Australia's National Parks and Wildlife Act.

A petition calling for laws to be changed, which would see Aboriginal people also investigated under the Animal Welfare Act, is close to reaching its goal of 150,000 signatures

" This has been highlighted where maybe it's gone out of the context, but to have 120,000 signatures signed against us, Aboriginal people, is what was done to us at the start of colonisation, where bang, 'we don't like what the Aboriginal people do, you come be a Christian'."

No wrong very wrong Jeffrey Newchurch - civilised humane people don't like deliberate animal cruelty regardless of the perpetrator!!

'This is absolute cruelty' Major 'Moogy' Sumner, a Ngarrindjeri elder, condemned the video. Mr Sumner told the ABC Mr Johncock and the man filming the incident were not showing the animal any respect.

Spot on Major Sumner!!

SA premier - "I have spoken to some Aboriginal leaders in the past 24 hours, their position is very clear — animal cruelty is animal cruelty"

Yes it certainly is!

Wombats SA president Peter Clements said the viral video could see changes in the law and local Aboriginal people could be "in danger of losing their right to do this hunting in a traditional way if they are going to behave like this guy did on video".

As they bloody well should!!!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:21 am

^^ I couldn't and wpouldn't watch it either. Absolute shocker. What a disgrace. Animal cruelty is often linked to conduct disorder in kids and then anti-social (dissocial personality disorder) for violent crims.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 696, 697, 698 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 697 of 719   

Jump to: