Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 695, 696, 697 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

found out the afl asia champs were on 30 minutes away from me today but the idiots at the thailand tigers didnt bother advertising it. i have connections with the iindo team. it was too late for me to get there
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:41 pm

My bloody knee!
Been going along well with the swimming and cycling, throwing a few 5-10k slow jogs in. Knee was feeling fine. Decided to step it up a bit yesterday with some intervals. Pulled up a bit sore.
Did 40 minutes on the stationary bike this morning and popped an anti- inflammatory... feels ok now.

Think my idea of doing a half marathon before the end of the year may not happen.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:09 pm

My eyes are getting worse. Confused Evil or Very Mad

Anything over a metre away is fine but I'm starting to have to use my glasses to read the PC screen. On holiday, I had to either take my reading glasses to a restaurant to read the menu or use my phone camera to magnify it.

I've also been having the numbness in the legs again, I can feel it coming down from the right butt cheek. The physio gave me exercises to build up core strength, but I have a double hernia and those exercises will make the hernia bigger, so I just have to do stretches until I stop stalling and book in for surgery.

The biggest thing with the surgery is for 6 weeks I can't lift more than 5kg.. I need to do it sooner rather than later, just because the longer I leave it the longer I'll take to heal, but that weight limitation really has me spooked.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:54 pm

The eyes hits us all I think! The other that’s a bugger, get it sorted you don’t want your legs giving out on you, cheers
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Had to organise a repeat script as I can't find the one I had.

Ring doctors to arrange another one and they advise that there is $25 fee!
Otherwise I have to book an appointment with the doctor.

My doctor is away this week anyway, so ask them if another can do it.
Answer is yes but I will have to wait until Wednesday to pick it up.

Tell them I need the script so will pay but not going to wait until Wednesday. Receptionist begrudgingly agrees to get it organised for Monday.

I realise they have their processes but our family has been going to this practice for over 20 years, it's not like we are doctor shopping.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Depending on what it’s for go see your regular chemist, mine gave me astrip of pills and said bring the script next week! No charge
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:46 pm

^

Yeah, my pharmacy is the same. If I'm out of pills and can't get to see the doc they'll give me some (pay normal price) and I take the script in once I get to the Doc.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:47 am

One the guys who subcontracts for us when we have big jobs, went for a maintenance position at the Whitehouse where we do these big jobs. It’s a huge chain in oz. obviously he’d be perfect for it, he’s clever and over qualified, I wrote him a glowing reference and he got the job. Yesterday he found out he failed the medical. He’s in remission from cancer, there is no reason to think it will come back they got it all, but they don’t often say cured. So he missed out but so did they, no way they will get someone with his experience and his inside knowledge. Surely this is discrimination? I’m so bloody angry for him. It’s a head office decision with no comeback. So should he have lied? Would you lie?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:17 am

^

On the surface it seems like discrimination. Did they actually send him for a medical assessment? If he's able to do the job even if requiring reasonable modifications to allow for any physical disability, he shouldn't be refused on medical grounds.

Having said that, personally I'd never push that, I wouldn't want to make someone hire me who didn't want to, would make for a shitty work environment.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:24 am

Good question, I’m not sure, we haven’t spoken to him yet, contact from the warehouse told us, he’s off with his daughter for the long weekend so don’t want to disturb him, hubby will call him later.
No mods needed, if he didn’t tell you you’d never know. Be interesting next time we have a major job there and he turns up to help!
Funny thing is they finally realised they need 2 decent full time maintenance people, the place is a mess, once a year they get an audit one, then pay us to fix the red marked stuff, usually get half way through the amber and they stop, so it’s never really in good nick. Pretty disgusting plus I don’t know who certified their forkies but they drive like blind men in a formula 1 car in a mine field! New damage every week, to the fork lifts to! They snap the tines almost completely off sometimes.

The warehouse would love to have him, the corporates are arseholes, they only care about the bottom line. I had a few interesting conversations with them!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:54 pm

Fkn Richmond winning the grand final.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:

It's depressing to watch Sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:02 pm

Jezza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

It's depressing to watch Sad

i watched the 2nd half and switched off with 5 sec to go! ill avoid live tv for a while i think!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:57 pm

Went for a bike ride (that was great) Elwood to Patterson river and coffee in Mordialloc on the way back. Friggin' Richmond everywhere: from people having coffee with jumpers on, beanies on, places along Beach road adorned with Richmond gear. It's only day one FFS. I'm incredibly jealous.

Richmond: no injuries, beautiful day and an inept opposition.
Collingwood: injuries, pissing down with rain and our inept 3/4 performance Rolling Eyes

It coulda been, it shoulda been

Oh well, I still love our boys

partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:52 am

Neighbours cat killing ducklings and probably endangered ringtail possum in our front yard. Not much we can do about it either
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 695, 696, 697 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 696 of 719   

Jump to: