Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 685, 686, 687 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
dont need a union for that, decent employment laws stop that.

You need the former to fight for the latter! (But I agree, employment laws are what are needed here.)

No, you don't. The ACTU is effectively a lobby group, not a union.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Skids wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I'm officially a chemistry experiment.

Been having some really ratty physical symptoms since the doc changed my BP medication, I need to figure out what's going on.

The 3 possibles are:

A reaction to the flavouring in the e-cigarette
Side effects from the new BP medicine
Changes due to not using the old BP medicine which was a diuretic (fluid tablet).

Since the absence of something formally present can have as big an impact as something new, I've stopped using the e-cigarette (pity cos I'd really cut down) and stopped taking the new BP medicine. (still taking the other BP tablet I've been on for 10 years)

Principle is, lets's just flush all the new stuff out of my system and set a new benchmark of what is normal now, document daily observations, then send that to the doc a couple of days before I make my new appointment.

If my new normal is good once all the stuff is out of my system, I can try using one or the other again and see what happens, that way I can identify the problem. If the new normal isn't good, I need to discuss with the doc.

PITFA Mad

I'm having similar fun as well Stui.
Been on the same BP meds for about 10 years, had to do a physical to join the gym at the new work site and they found my BP elevated.
Doc has me monitoring it every 90 minutes for a few days and it looks pretty high so will be changing my meds too I think.

Bloody falling apart the last 2 years, currently have a strained rotor cuff in the left shoulder, so can't swim. The right knee has some strained thing, can't run. Physio, bike and walk is all I can do at present... doing my head in!

Good luck. All the tablets can have side effects, depends on the person. Some get em, some don't.

I've been on Coversyl for years, with Natralix. I tried Coveram before the Natrilix but it worked like the best sleeoing tablet i';d ever taken, which aint great first thing in the morning.

Once I had to drop the Natrilix, tried Amlo which was a cnut for the first few days but got rid of it as it caused swelling in my feet.

I can't run anyway, I'd just like to be able to walk without a limp and discomfort

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:40 am

Coversyl were the 1st my Doc tried. Had no effect at all on my BP. He put me on another one that worked, can't remember the name, but 2 years later it was creeping up again.
Been on the current 2, Zanidip & Micardus plus for over a decade. That's about to change this morning.

Going to be difficult as I fly back to work Monday night for 2 weeks. I guess I've got 4 days to see what side effects, if any, come with the new stuff.

I wonder if me smoking hardly any gunja recently has had anything to do with my BP ?

* Just got back from the Doc, a slight tweak is all that's needed he tells me.
Stay on the Zanidip but the Micardus Plus 80/12.5 changes to 80/25. Takes a few weeks to kick in fully, so I start checking it again just before xmas and see if that works.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Skids wrote:
Coversyl were the 1st my Doc tried. Had no effect at all on my BP. He put me on another one that worked, can't remember the name, but 2 years later it was creeping up again.
Been on the current 2, Zanidip & Micardus plus for over a decade. That's about to change this morning.

Going to be difficult as I fly back to work Monday night for 2 weeks. I guess I've got 4 days to see what side effects, if any, come with the new stuff.

I wonder if me smoking hardly any gunja recently has had anything to do with my BP ?

Stay on the Zanidip but the Micardus Plus 80/12.5 changes to 80/25. Takes a few weeks to kick in fully, so I start checking it again just before xmas and see if that works.

Get onto the High Fat Low Carb Diet. (Type in HighFat Low Carb diet GP's in your area or nearby town / city & go to them) - see link below.

I have normal BP & low heart rate but I'm overweight (height masks weight). Takes 3 months for the body to adapt to burning fat for energy not carbs. I've got a family history of high BP and diabetes type 2. I had OK cholesterol (never over the limit however had poor HDL's & high triglycerides. I'm under a GP with regular blood monitoring.

It sounds counter-intuitive but the research is in.

This link about 2/3rds way down lists Dr's in WA who are practitioners of the LCHF diet FYI:

https://lowcarbdownunder.com.au/resources/lchf-practitioners/

Check out what they can offer.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Cheers for that! It's worth a look I guess. Taking tablets that make you piss even more isn't much fun, geez this getting old sucks!
Maybe why I'm such a grouch David Wink

Funny thing is, I was diagnosed at 28 with high BP. At the time, I was the fittest I've ever been in my life. 78kg (100kg now), I was riding over 100km's a week, swimming 2k a week, boxing trainning 4 nights a week. My diet was heaps of veg with small portions of meat/chicken or fish. Wasn't smoking and only drinking occasionally.

I went to the docs with a sore left elbow that was hindering my boxing, tennis elbow, fish oil has done wonders for that. He says "I've never checked your BP" whacks the thing on me... 160/110, checks it again, you're verging on hospitalisation he says. I was blown away! He could see the shock I was in and said, "Better finding out now and treating it than having a stroke at 40".

Long history of High BP on my Dads side of the family.

I left the doctors, scripts in hand, went straight to the bottleshop, bought a carton of VB and a packet of Winny Blue.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:36 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:

Get onto the High Fat Low Carb Diet. (Type in HighFat Low Carb diet GP's in your area or nearby town / city & go to them) - see link below.

I have normal BP & low heart rate but I'm overweight (height masks weight). Takes 3 months for the body to adapt to burning fat for energy not carbs. I've got a family history of high BP and diabetes type 2. I had OK cholesterol (never over the limit however had poor HDL's & high triglycerides. I'm under a GP with regular blood monitoring.

It sounds counter-intuitive but the research is in.

This link about 2/3rds way down lists Dr's in WA who are practitioners of the LCHF diet FYI:

https://lowcarbdownunder.com.au/resources/lchf-practitioners/

Check out what they can offer.

Some interesting stuff! The FAQ's section gives plenty of answers. Avoid Breakfast cereal and apples Shocked ... I love apples! I eat at least 3 a day and sultana bran is my go to nearly every morning.

Do you follow it strictly? I know there's no way I could ever cut beer out completely. After a 13 hour day in 47 degrees, 2 Coopers mids are the greatest thing in the world Very Happy Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Going without booze isn't an option unless it's life or death, then I'll think about it.

These days I generally only have one beer a night and a few glasses of red wine. In the hot weather I may go spirits with a mixer a bit more.

I tend to be reasonably careful with what I eat otherwise, I just drink most of my carbs.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:02 pm

See you later.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Tried to get a tooth out but the fang farrier said she couldn't do it unless I stopped taking warfarin for a fortnight and suggested I go to hospital. So yesterday I go to Pattaya City which is public but I have to pay Anyway they took some blood and my bp and I have elevated cholesterol and hypertension. So cut out sugar as much as I can (no more rum and cokes) and salt. The good news was some of my things were good. Whole lot cost me 60 dollars which included a months supply of medicine and have to go back next month.

To get my tooth removed in the hospital which is recommended I have to be at Pattaya City at 6 am and hope to be in the first 25 . The other option is a root canal but stuff it. A plate here costs 200 bucks. You can pretty much walk into a dentist here and get treated No 6 month waits. All dentists and doctors here speak english.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:26 pm

The girlfriend washed my shorts without going through the pockets which she normally does looking for money. My passport was still in the zipped pocket because I had taken it to hospital. It is ruined and I will have pay a fortune to get a new one and waste a day going to Bangkok to apply, a day at immigration trying to sort out visa stamps and reentry stamps. Xmas dinner is cancelled as is the christmas presents although I have already got some for the little kids.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Bugger, you cant dry it out at all??

So 2 weeks ago I arranged for my FIL to have cataract surgery in hope of improving his 10% of vision, and I told the nursing staff the date, and that he must not eat that morning. We reminded them on Thursday I think. Yesterday hubby me and hubbies sisters visited and told reception, the nursing station and I stuck a big red texta message on his door. Arrive at 8.20am with hubbys sister, to find him tucking into brekky, in his pjs. We grabbed the food. He had drunk 1/2 cup coffee and about three mouthfuls of toast. I gave the tray to the girl who had just dropped it off and said why did you feed him? She says his tray was there, me, cant you read?? We managed after 1/2 an hour to get his surgery set back a couple of hours, otherwise the next appointment is the end of January. The man has a 20 min memory loop, and can barely see. While she arranged that I started dressing him. Pulled off his pj pants and he stunk, so I changed his jocks with my eyes closed, I mean cone on, the poor man should still be afforded some dignity. When the op got changed I got them to shower and shave him and we marched down to the manager. As I explained to her all the apologies in the world wont help if he had missed his op, or worse, if we got there after brekky and he couldnt remember eating it, and he dies on the $$%^%%$ table. I didnt trust them so i brought him home for a couple of hours before his appointment. I should have been home by lunch time, got home at 5, after getting him to sleep, about to go back and check on him. How $$%^%%$ hard is it? Lazy, pathetic, uncaring, scumbags. Ill be firing off a letter tomorrow suggesting some measures, and demanding a showering schedule. I just cant believe Im here again.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:38 pm

47... 46... 45.... jesus, I don't know if it's coz I'm getting older, but these warmer days are kicking me hard!

Day one of 14 and I'm shagged. They want us to work 'til we're 70? Come up here and do a swing with the skidsta... then tell me that.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:18 am

A day from hell. Got up at 5.00 am to go to get dentist appointment.

Went back at 8 am. Tooth killing me.

Gp through dentist and 2 nurses and 2 Drs asking same questions. Can;t you dickheads put on the computer.

Have to get new blood test because one taken Saturday tested for everything but what was asked for, Missus thinks I am in nearby massage joints etc.

All sorts of waiting around until get to see a different one who is not only without information talks to me like I am 4. Rex Hunt

Leave at 3.00 with tooth still sore and no way forward for pain relief.

Get home no dramas. Take Tukky for walk.

Girlfriends kid comes home, gives me some money and leaves. He has been sacked from a job he is actually good at because foreman would not sign papers for juvenile justice system.

Tell everyone I will go out for a couple of reds and some painkillers.

Get home around 10.00 and decide Tukky need another walk. Decide to go local (10 metres where she can have fun and I clean up. Never worry about leash for that little bit. Plan sleep after. Tukky takes 1 step out of house and 2 dogs just up the road , both 4 times her weight attck her and roll her in mud and owner manges to get them off. Tukky has big gash/bite in stomach. German partner of owner who is drunk comes over threatening me and my dog and "Is yor fault she not on leash:. I then arced up about the 7 of 8 street residents complaining for 7 months about these farking dogs coming out unsupervised. He says I lawyer , i make trouble with you and proceeds to enter our front gate. Boom comes out with kitchen knife and says you leave our house now. His lady then grabs him back to there place having secured her mutts and we clean Tukky. She has big gash/bite in her stomach. We put something on it and she is whimpering. Woman comes over after telling her drunken German husband to go to bed. The
2 ladies take a shaking Tukky to a dog hospital and return about an hour later. Cost about a hundred bucks which she paid and covered in a massive bandage, Has to return to check. Got home about 1.00 am. I took her for a small walk and she was jumping at shadows. She had a piss and ran back home. She is not a hppy camper as we speak.

He said he will make trouble. I doubt it. I actually walk my dog twice a day, mostly on a lead and the small bar complex near here love her. I am Tukky owner not Ron. Every one in the small street know her. The kids in the next street play with her. The shopkeepers let her walk in and the bar owners let her wander around.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:40 am

Geezzzzuuussss

Hope Tukky is ok, and your mouth, thats a $%$ed up day

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:54 pm

think positive wrote:
Geezzzzuuussss

Hope Tukky is ok, and your mouth, thats a $%$ed up day

Poor girl. She is just trying to sleep. I will go on an odyssey to a different and better hospital to see if they can give the tests to present to dentists which happened last time. My BP has returned to 138/88 which is fine so hopefully I can get this bloody tooth out. No root canals for me ever again.

Xmas, bah humbug. I think mine will be some genuine Italian salami, ham , some aussie tasty cheese, onions, gherkins, cherry tomatoes and some crusty bread and a can of English cider and a bottle of cheap (but expensive) red. Maybe 2 small mince pies that my mate makes at his bakery. Hopefully by then we would have unwrapped the dog from her bandages. The vet with all the pills and stuff gave her a pack of dog treats to bring home which I thought was nice. Chicken and blueberry sticks. Never heard and seen them. She ate a couple last night. Exclamation

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 685, 686, 687 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 686 of 719   

Jump to: