Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SWEARING AT THE FOOTBALL (G RATED TOPIC)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i swear all the time at the footy. but im in the ponny stand with the outer cheersquad so everyone does there and if someone gets told off (which they usually dont) then im not the one to answer them so yeah.
actually i swear nearly all the time everywhere. its funny how u try and control it when youre with your friends, just to see how long u last but u never last very long, but with the olds u hardly ever swear.

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:14 pm

Football is a very passionate game and sometimes things slip out in the heat of the moment.
That's life.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:04 pm

Funny, the language that goes on at soccer games here is un be liev a ble.....i'd love to see a security guard exchange between MCG keystone cops and soccer stewards here...the MCG lot would have ejected the crowd by half time!

Always have a chuckle thinking of an England game i went to at wembly with a mate and his 12yo son...my mate had his hands over his sons ears for the entire game! the foul mouthed racist xenophobic chanting was a bit of a shock to moi, although the biggest laugh was at the end of the game...the PA announcer saying "thank you for attending anther great family evening at wembley"!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:30 pm

English Soccer crowds rock big time and they have the best chants going around

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
paulie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:40 pm

Look I admit I swear at the football but as most people would only or at least mostly during moments of extreme passion.I try and respect what type of people our around me as I am a step father of 4 kids myself and know people that just are offended by swearing.But at the same time footy is a great way to release stresses of the working week so i do sometimes let fly.

Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:35 pm

I say F**K the A.F.L they are just a bunch of bitches who just want to see us Collingwood supporters booted out of the footy week after week!!!!!

Well thats what I say!!!!!!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

[This message has been edited by Magpie_Dan (edited 06 April 2002).]

[This message has been edited by junkboy75 (edited 06 April 2002).]
Rosewall Woman 3 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:05 am

Yes, I too swear at the games. I have my 2 young daughters and nephews with me, older sisters, husband, brother and mother- we all let lose some times, mostly as Fradam says when the umpires get it sooooooo wrong it is mind blowing!!! I do not swear for swearing sake, but in those heated moments! Although my mum is great coming up with non swearing type insults for opposition/ umpires like sago brain!! And the passion she says it with I wouldn't be surprised if they stop in there tracks and look at her and die there on the spot. Bit like pointing the bone. I love sitiing near the cheer squad and join in all the chants, and laugh at my mum trying to get her tongue around Josh Fraser oh ah!! The kids love it as well getting all involved with the cheer squad, and don't find them as offensive as some a few years ago. Joffa and his wig is folklore to them and as they are from central Vic fill in all there buddies about the gold wig etc. No one enjoys swearing just to be smart, but there have been some delightful phrases that have been quick, witty and involved swear words, but it seems to be so right. Moderation is the key and an genuine concern for others sensibilities. But there are always those who don't want you to stand and sing your club song at the beginning of the games and don't want you to wave flags, banners and scarves anytime, let alone when we have scored a fantastic goal. Those people would not be happy no matter how many considerations you paid to them, and unfortunately they are Collingwood supporters (I use the term loosely) some of the time.

Rock on and enjoy, that is what the footy is really all about.

RW3

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 6:20 am

I have made a conscience effort to try to not swear at the footy this year, and against the ferals last Thursday, I did ok.....uh that was right up until the 3rd quarter when Taz was not awarded the ball after running down Houlihan, then I just couldn't control it! I guess there are pro's and con's for this topic, but like Kristen5, I do take notice of those around me before I let go, especially young kids. I really only let the language fly when we are losing, not so much when we are winning, as is pretty much the same for everyone I guess. I'd say the swearing that I do comes mostly from frustration with those morons in white, especially umpire schitt!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: