Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

You're Collingwood's new backline coach - wattaya gonna do t

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:56 am
Post subject: You're Collingwood's new backline coach - wattaya gonna do tReply with quote

Granted we were short on talls last week when Stunning and Wakes were missing, however Liquorland did seem to find it easy to kick goals.

Who picks up Wilson - Presti or Wakes?

Who then takes Embley?

I think we can match up ok on their smalls, but after last week the talls so worry me.

Do we swap, or perservere with the last weeks team?

Is it worth the sacrifice to have Josh drop into the back line?

Any year we beat Carlton is a good year
Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

McKee back..it's a win for sure this week.
If you don't believe me. look at season 2001, when Stunning played we won!

[This message has been edited by Black_White (edited 04 April 2002).]

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:08 pm

Mick Malthouse: 'Ok fellas, here is the new backline coach, NICK THE PIE MAN'

NICK THE PIE MAN: "Ok guys, here is how we are gonna do it. Dimma, you first of all, for f*ck's sake, when you are supposed to be marking a player, in fact, you were supposed to be tagging him I have heard which makes it more sad, DO NOT give him 15 metres of space which allows piss easy goals. You bloody well do not casually jog behind him or you will be thrown back to Willy so fast it will make your head spin. You get in that bastard's face, you breathe down his neck, you do not let him out of your sight, you bloody well KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD.

Richo, you were pretty good, but again you gave other Richo too much space.
Presti, well done, keep it up.
Wakes, before you went off to pixie world, you were getting thrashed. Too slow, get in his face, again, too mich space.

In: Cloke, Kinnear
Out: Dimma

HB: R.Lonie M.Richardson J.Clement
B: S.Burns S.Prestigiacoma S.Wakelin
INT: Cloke, Kinnear"

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"

[This message has been edited by NICK THE PIE MAN (edited 04 April 2002).]
paulie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:20 pm

What the hell has happenend to getting into the opposition forwards the way Kerro and Gayfer use to???? I mean how hrd is it to get in there ear scrag em stand on there toes and generally hang around like a bad smell.

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:55 pm

ahhh yes

kerro, gayfer, the ORIGINAL big bad bustling NED KELLY and shanus morwood...all legends.

make that burns, presti, maybe MOLLOY (only one who can emulate Ned) and Ryan Lonie..can they live up to their pre-decessors?

hmmmmm....

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 9:51 pm

still no mckee? whats going on? he's not listed as injured and i havent heard anything. we were crucified by talls last week and with the opportunity to rectify that against wilson, tuckey, etc etc we still dont use him?!!! what does he ahve to do to get a game? have heard good things from wiz cup re clokey but the only game i saw him play was in perth vs the barry crockers and have to say he was terrible. was standing about 10 metres away when he was dragged after about 10 mins and he was knackered. still, good luck to the kid.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 6:39 am

ah yes, the Blanket I'm glad someone mentioned him. I remember that he would just stick to a player all day you'd think they were siamese twins, that is, until the day adrian mcadam kicked 8 on him. apparently, he is a very good draftsman these days

someone like Gary Pert would be very handy. how about that all-star defence of 1992. we won all those close games in what was a stellar year until we were robbed by the saints in a flawed finals structure.

"consectatio excellentiae"
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:10 am

haha

yep remember that stella year well... week after week of near heart-attacks but they kept pulling through. Except on one occasion i think that was the year when at vic park we were trailing fitzroy all day until right near the siren when ex-roy perty weaved his magic for us to put us in front then thinking we had it won the crowd went off, only to 10 seconds later see his best mate Roos slot one for the Roys and the siren sound and them end up winning.

Yes the year of the injustice that was the finals system that year and damn StKilda.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:19 am

haha, I was at that game! it was at princes park (optus oval).yeah, fitzroy had us down all day then c'wood came back with a vengence. I thought, how ironic - perty's going to win the game for us, until roos snapped that goal.

bloody saints. they beat us by 1 point then beat us in the finals how about ronnie mckeown's performance though in the finals?? what a pressure goal he kicked from about 50m. thought c'wood was going to pinch the close one again, but it wss not to be.

[This message has been edited by junkboy75 (edited 05 April 2002).]
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:58 am

Geez i hate that ground.
and getting the trams in and out of the joint was a nightmare.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:28 am

it's a shithole. I swore after that game that I'd never go back if I can help it. the drainage was terrible, there was all these sewerage water running everywhere so it stank the place up. I used to call it Stink Park but now I call it Offal Oval.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: