Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Glad I don't live on the Gold Coast

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:34 pm
Post subject: Glad I don't live on the Gold CoastReply with quote

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22081789-29277,00.html

Former AFL star to run for mayor
July 16, 2007 11:47am

FORMER AFL star Warwick Capper has turned his focus to politics and announced he will run for mayor of the Gold Coast.

Capper, who has recently worked as a Gold Coast "meter man" topping up parking meters on the Queensland tourist strip, said he would run as a mayoral candidate in the March 2008 Gold Coast City election.

He joins a growing list of challengers to current mayor and former Olympian Ron Clarke, including Elvis impersonator Dean Vegas, who unsuccessfully contested the 2004 election.

The former Brisbane Bear and Sydney Swan player said his status as an "icon" gave him a good chance in the poll.

"I've got a huge background over the last 22 years," Capper told the Nine Network.

"If Ron can do it, and an Elvis impersonator, why can't I?

"A lot of people like me and respect me for what I did with the Swans, and a lot of kids like me."

Among the 44-year-old's election policies are the legalisation of prostitution and the introduction of a curfew on the coast's licensed venues.

"I want to legalise prostitution, I think that would be a good thing," Capper said.

"I also want to clean the Gold Coast up.

"I think the clubs should be shut after 1am, it's too late. There's too many drugs and alcohol, we've got to clean up the streets for starters."

The annual Schoolies celebrations also need an overhaul, he said.

"I think they should clean up Schoolies week, it's bad for the Gold Coast," Capper said.

"It's good for revenue, getting kids here, but they need more things to do, like games to get off the alcohol and drugs.

"Get them into a bit of sport."

Capper has also revealed his plans to make a television program, to be screened on his website, which will feature interviews with celebrities from around the world.

Capper has his own domain name for his website – described as his "online crib" – although his name is spelt incorrectly.

The address is warrickcapper.com.

Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

The Russell Street Pole Dancing Bogan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a sad day for all man-kind....fortunately however, Gold Coast residents aren't that stupid.

Go Elvis Very Happy Hahaha!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Love that his website spells his name wrong. Razz

Intriguing policies.

Legalise prostitution;
Close clubs at 1am
Get the kids who go there for schoolies into sport. Shocked

Funny little man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: