Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Richards or McKee??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:44 am
Post subject: Richards or McKee??Reply with quote

seems to be a point among a lot of pies fans..

Guy Richards or Steve McKee??

i think we should put Richards into the fray...i think he would be better for the experience, and let's face it..stunning steve aint exactly setting the world on fire..would we be any worse off for it?

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 9:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning's had a rough trot by any measure.

If I was Mick (??!!), I'd say to Steve something a bit like what the Oz cricket team does, along the lines of:
"We're going to play you for the first 6 games, no matter what. You don't have to worry about being dropped, just show me what you can do."

After that, if the situation had not changed, it would be Guy Richards turn.

At the same time, I'd say to Richards that there was no reason both he and McKee couldn't both be selected (admittedly, I'm javing a little trouble conceiving how that might occur, but you know what I mean )

Any year we beat Carlton is a good year
MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:13 pm

I posted in another thread that McKee has had his opportunities and proven beyong any shadow of doubt to my satisfaction that he is not and will never be good enough to be a senior ruckman in the AFL. On that basis, even if Richards is not very good he is worth giving an extended shot to. My only reservation is that if it harms his long term future because he is either physically or mentally not capable of competing against men yet, then keep him back a while longer. That doesn't leave us with many other options so we would then have to go with a combination of Rocca and Fraser with some reflief from Rich and Kinnear at times. Not a good prospect.

Fraser is a freak and he may just lear how to jump effectively and with his groung skills may still be the baest bet yet, but personally I'd rather see him play at CHB for a while.

paulie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:14 pm

I thnk Mckee might be a late developerin the mode of richo.As I've said before people forget that he had a very bad Illness because of the spa thing a couple of years back.I really do think he is our best bet in the ruck at the moment as it frees up Fraser Rocca and to a lesser extent Kinnear to take up key posts around the ground.Richards need time to develop in the V.F.L at this stage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: