Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Favourite non-footy moment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:40 pm
Post subject: Favourite non-footy momentReply with quote

we need some cheering up on these boards...

favourite moment which didnt occur on the field, like in the stands, in the pub etc... hopefully we get some good stories

to further the point, mine would have to be the night out in canberra..in my short 21 years this was my favourite moment to do with footy, we got warned twenty times by security..the last 15 were last warnings too..up to our knees in beer..the taxi rank and the ride home, the hangover the next day, the magpie win..a great weekend

feel free to share the stories and spread the love. LOL

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite football stands moment is kinda inside the fence too. Carlton V Bulldogs practice match up here a few years ago and a fat little Carlton turd was leaning over the fence to get the ball and I assisted him by tipping him over the fence.

Ok Collingwood wasn't playing but I still did my bit for the club.

Fradam Wrote This
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:02 pm

Well Playboy i have to be in agreeance with you about Canberra. When we walked into that nightclub it was like we were in Melbourne and walking into Cricketers as there were so many familiar faces and those we didnt know we soon met. The club was pumping and the beer was flowing and everyone had a great time. The taxi ride is definately a big blur and i amazed we got home. The biggest trip of all was speaking to Timmmmmmmmmmmy at midnight in the club when he was in Adelaide and waking up the next morning with the biggest hangover and seeing Timmy standing in the room with Foxy having a smoko. I thought i was tripping out when i heard Timmys voice saying good morning.

The other good days were arguing with the bouncers at the Royal Hotel who always thought we were a rowdy lot. The best time was when i brought a drink outside for my other mate who got booted out and then security saw this and gave me the flick as well.

Last year the highlight was after the Carlton game i think although i cant be 100% sure when Joffa and heaps of the Ponsford stand boys came back and towards the end the front bar was going off and ive never heard the theme song sung that loud. Full credit to secuirty who let us have our fun. The other classic was the firecrackers in the beer garden to celebrate a Collingwood win last year.

You know what time it is Playboy so get to it my friend

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:13 pm

hahaha there's been some bloody classic moments over the last year.

how about the bus on the way up to canberra? when that raymond bloke decided to do a big turd in the toilet? it stunk the entire bus out within about 10 seconds. you should've seen joffa's face, sitting up the back laughing his bloody head off. i was deadset crying it was that funny. and then we locked the poor bloke in the toilet for about 10 minutes!

but i tell you what that morning in canberra was just beautiful. nice, cool day, not a cloud in the sky, waking up in the hotel for a bit of brekky, and all of a sudden i'm having a smoko in one of the hotel rooms! farkin great fun. you should've seen JLC's face when he woke up in a cloud of smoke. timbo was bloody hilarious that morning. he was waffling about how he drove from adelaide to canberra all night, it was a classic.

and our visit to 'tent city' was memorable. phew.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:20 pm

Hell Yeah Rays Tent City was too funny. Don't forget to wipe your feet before entering......lol

Yeah it was too funny waking up in a cloud of smoke

Im sure everyone would like to thank the kind people who sponsored us with free food along the way ;P

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:09 pm

Being in the c/squad for 1 qtr round 20 season 2001. What a buzz!!

We Are Collingwood and you're NOT!!

[This message has been edited by Black_White (edited 03 April 2002).]

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:45 pm

Two of my favourite moments came from travelling to Sydney on the cheer squad bus. The first, I think it was 1989, was when we decided to have a traditional, but then and now banned, "snow day", at the SCG.
The plan began unfolding weeks prior to the trip. Slowly but surley every phone booth within a 5 km radius of Vic Park was raided and had the phone books re distributed to the annexe/hall next to the old Vic Park school. During those weeks there was many of us that had to wear bandages and gloves on our hands from all the paper cutting.
After we loaded what I would estimate to be a half a tonne of cut paper into the bus, we barely had enough room for all our bags and equipment, and only just squeezed the run thru in!!
Apon arrival, we were fronted by a number of burly, but stupid, SCG security. It seemed that they had been tipped off and were waiting for us. We tried everything including using the club's property stewards to help us smuggle it in and attempting to throw it over the 20ft high fence from the showgrounds side. Nothing worked. The funniest bit was they let us put it all back onto the bus or dump it in the park accross the road.
Three quarter time arrives and we all notice that the security that ringed us for most of the day had dissapeared and the gates were WIDE open for anyone to walk in carrying anything they like - including half a tonne of "snow"!!
By the time security had realized what was going on, the scoreboard end of the SCG looked like the top of Smiggin Holes in the middle of winter - White everywhere!! They just gave up and let us do our thing - it was sensational!! Shit, I cant even remember if we won or not!!

The second also involves a trip to Sydney, 1990 I think, but this time it all evolved before we even got to Albury! On those trips with a bus full of 50 odd people it took some effort to keep everyone happy, comfortable and sober. So we implemented the drink in moderation rule. Whilst totally illegal, we turned a blind eye to those who wanted to have a quiet drink to take the edge off a long and arduous trip.
We had some new faces around that year and the guys enthusiasm got the better of them. After polishing off a bottle of straight Beam between 3, the boys began to show the effects. Falling down, argumentative and being obnoxious. Then came what we all feared - the vomiting in the aisle.
In a confined space like the cabin of a touring coach, vomiting, unfortunately becomes contagious. From memory there was 3 drunken vomits and another four sympathy vomits!!
At Albury, the 3 culprits, after cleaning the bus were unloaded with their bags and told they could meet us in sydney if they liked. Rules are rules after all.
The funniest part of the whole story was seeing the 3 boys, to their credit, arrive late saturday afternoon after spending all their money on a motel room in Albury for the night and a ticket on the next bus to Sydney. Come sunday morning and having no money we did a whip around to get the boys some food - if you can call the junk they bought in Kings Cross food!!

I dont know if this is funny for anyone else, but it brings back memories for me and puts a smile on my face to think of the glory years, for me, of 1987-1992.

Cheers

Dillo

Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:08 pm

Yeah mate, it's funny. It's also a great example of the heart and soul of CFC. The imagary, the compassion the "do or Die" for the club. It's got it all.
Thanks, you've put a smile on my dial.

-Craig

We Are Collingwood and you're NOT!!

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:10 pm

great stories Dillo..had to laugh at the sympathy vomit bit..LOL

i got another one..after we beat the crows in adelaide last year..a few of us out the front on adelaides finest, the Hilton..smoking a banned substance

all the suits were arriving with evening gown dates..and here we were sitting on the ground blissfully happy..

was pure gold!!

Rohan 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:11 pm

This is amazing, I was on that bus Dillo.

SKOBFC for the 2001 VAFA A section Flag

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:22 pm

Yes SSII wow that was thucking funny shit!!

What about at half time at footy park when we were havin a smoko and that real old bloke in the cheer squad ( a real great bloke) and he allways wears a hat and here he is getting stuck into all the port supporters, i had to drag him away i thought shit there's goin to be a riot.

Standing outside a shell servo about 3 in the morning with cheer squad on the way to adelaide and timbo rocks up in his
valiant...what a pisser that was.

I saw the crapper last thursday night at the MCG everytime i see him i remind him about the stinking crap he layed on the bus and stunk us all out..and my seat was right outside the dunny geez did we give him a serve when he came out of the john all red faced!

The funniest moment was at the cricketers when we were playing carlton the one we lost, and some one who we will not name let lose with a birage of abuse to these tough nut looking carlton
supporters and gave them shitloads and promised them he would continue on with it at 5pm after the pies had thrash there sorry arses, and after the game them carlton supporters were waiting for this person at the cricketers, but he went home i think....LOL.

Standing outside the hotel with foxy in canberra waiting for the bus was thucking hilarious hey foxy?

And the burning of the pauperoos scarf...LOL

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:29 pm

I think macca was with us outside the hilton, macca from bigfooty/ and lives in adelaide.

Hey what about marching down rundall mall with balaclavas on singing the club song....haha what a riot that was people were shitting themselves!!

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:03 pm

hahahah yeah joffa waiting for the bus outside the motel that morning. geeeeeeezus i didn't know what was going on. i just remember speaking some gibberish.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 5:31 am

everytime I read this thread, it cheers me a little

my personal highlight was the road trip to canberra last year as well!!

- joining in a rousing rendition of "you'll never walk alone" with joffa, JLC and the others at the nightclub.
- losing count of the number of times the security dudes came and told us to pipe down, or how many pint glasses we smashed, or how many times I slipped on the floor which was covered with filth lol
- wandering around on the streets the next day trying to recover from a hangover, and running into two busloads of magpie hooligans from the night before!!! (thanks for giving me the bird joffa )
- meeting georgeQ and the rest of the people at the Kingo.
- getting mooned by that North guy...man, I'm still having nightmares about his hairy arse LOL
- the first time I heard a joffa speech....very stirring.
- chipping a buck each to buy a North scarf to burn, then standing outside the oval trying to light it with an aerosol spray....there's some cold shit right there LOL
- THE MAGNIFICENT WIN
- running into joffa, JLC and the others again at the truckstop....haha.

it was a great trip and a memorable time!!
BTW does anyone have a copy of that photo that was taken at the Kingo, I wouldn't mind a copy, or maybe someone can post it here since so many people remembered that trip so fondly.

"consectatio excellentiae"

[This message has been edited by junkboy75 (edited 04 April 2002).]
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 5:54 am

... the day was the first Saturday of October 1990, the venue was my share house in Garsed street, one memory was walking around blessing each room with beer (as it had become a Collingwood Only house for a day, my four heretic housemates had been banished and only the faithful were welcome, one heathen (Essenscum supporter at that) was discovered climbing in through the window, but we bansihed her, and I reblessed the house) ...

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: