Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Alf and Joffa in the Herald Sun

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:04 am
Post subject: Alf and Joffa in the Herald SunReply with quote

Nice stories on you both in today's Herald Sun - Pg83, "In the Outer" column.

Alf, couldnt they get a more flattering picture of you???

Cheers

Dillo

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah both these are going World wide in their exposure and i say full credit to them and good luck

JLC

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:37 am

can anyone post the article...hun website is pretty ordinary in this regard.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:11 am

All the better to bite you with, eh?

Amazingly, the article didn't get anything wrong. And I can assure you, after last Saturday's beat-up, I went through it with a fine-tooth comb ... er, maybe that reference to teeth was ill-advised ... looking for anything vaguely resembling a misrepresentation of anything I've ever told Cheryl Critchley. I can forgive her for that little snipe at the end of the bit about the gold wigs when she said, "Now all Collingwood has to do is win a game". She IS a Richmond supporter after all.

I'll give her credit for the fact that she did actually do a bit of research into her story. Which is a thousand percent more than I can say for that liar, Michael Warner.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:00 am

Apparantly im your boss Alf

careful i'll be watching you from now on.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:03 am

I have a lot of time for Cheryl Critchley. She wrote an article on Nick's a few years ago and spent a lot of time on the phone covering bits and pieces, making sure that she had stuff right and clearing nearly everything that she wrote. She even gave me her home number so that I could contact her if I needed to. And she told me she was a Richmond supporter upfront.

Unfortunately it was at the time that Sportsview took over the Collingwood official site and her article was canned by the Herald Sun because Sportsview were aligned with F1 and the Herald Sun didn't want to give them any exposure, even indirectly.

When Sportsview first launched their site they used graphics that were taken from this site. Their logo was one that I had drawn and their banner was a montage of player images taken from our player profile pages. Cheryl Critchley rang them and confronted them about this. Sportsview changed their graphics and Cheryl, at my request, kept it to herself.

Yes, I like her, she's a rare beast. A journo with a code of ethics.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:21 am

Yes mike and alf she's a good sport, gets things down to fine detail even asked me how do you spell joffa i liked that i thought it was cute.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:27 am

Yes, Mr.Joffa ... sir ... you ARE the Boss.

... Now ... about that pay rise ...
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:41 am

A payrise ?

You'll have a better chance of finding a nun in a brothel
(joke people)

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:49 am

Joffa back up the stolen car for a second my friend....im still your manager

jlc

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
CAAS 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:01 am

Alf,

When are you going to realise that Michael Warner Spoke to myself and Kerri and the Police. Not once was he saying that the Pies Cheer Squad was causing trouble. He merely printed exactly what Kerri and I both said and that drunken louts who are trying to cause trouble should not be aloud near the cheer squads. If you care to have the article "re quoted" here it is.

My comment "the CHEER SQUAD has a lot of kids and they should not be subjected to that crap!" that is a reference to the shit you guys were copping from the outer. [SNIP - leave the personal remarks out of it please, Mike]

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 03 April 2002).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:06 am

Mick please mate lets just drop it, i replied to you in the cheer squad thing mate lets not let this thing snowball, when that final siren goes on saturday and the pies have trounced the weakles we will stand as one to sing the song.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:37 am

Well, CAAS ...

We were NOT copping any shit from the Outer. None whatsoever. I was there. All night. And there was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary going on.

I noticed Kerri getting a hard time from a few drunks wandering aimlessly up and down the aisles. These people were just the usual garden-variety drunks that you get at the football every week. They are not part of some anti-Cheer Squad conspiracy.

I'm prepared to put Kerri's remarks down to the extreme likelihood that she was quoted out of context.

[SNIP - personal remarks removed. I'm totally sick of this and will remove further attempts at carrying on feuds here without explanation or apology. This damages the board, the Club, the Cheer Squad - just about everything we're here to support. Mike]

Now ... it's possible that this gutter journalist, Michael Palmer may have quoted you out of context. If you believe this to be the case then say so ... and I will publicly apologize to you.

[SNIP]

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 03 April 2002).]
CAAS 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:42 am

Dont worry Joffa

i am letting it go.
Just want to let Alf know one moe thing. I wasnt quoted out of context and still cannot see where the article was bagging the cheer squad.
As for me being a trouble maker I have never been or will be in a fight at the footy. i have never been ejected and plan not to be ejected in future. As for sitting with the Cheer Squad, I sitt with the Cheer squad on interstate games and stand with friends at all Melbourne games. We stopped being members of the cheer squad because none of us have the time to get down there on a thursday to make the banner. When you were doing your research for you essay you interviewed me at a banner making session. I was making the banner for 3 years and was one of the last to leave on most occasions. You will find that 90% of the people that were volunteering then are no longer invovled.
For once, look out of your glass house and get a life. If i confront you about your shit feel free to put your point across but I dont intend on fighting people.
I am loud and I get heard at the footy, I dont cause trouble.
And yes this is Mick Palmer.
Like Joffa has said, everyone get back to supporting the pies and not worry about what the media says.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:54 pm

great article..hey dr alf..did you show your thesis to wayne jackson????

pure magic...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: