Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Peter Wh in Telegraph

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millane42 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:10 am
Post subject: Peter Wh in TelegraphReply with quote

Hey Peter WH, I saw the telegraph yesterday with your letter in it. I agree 100%, why did fox, 10 and 9 bother to buy the footy if they aren't going to improve the coverage by showing it live or at least at a watchable hour. 11:30pm is no improvemnet on 11:55pm that was the earliest 7 would show a night game.

But keep writing because change will come eventually, and if people keep hounding them it might come quicker. Just 4 years ago Triple M wouldn't play Grinspoon and I rang them and wrote to them, now in 2002 they play them almost every hour!

"Grinners are Winners.."
Get Smart 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,great letter.
Richard Zacharia was complaining also in the Sunday Telegraph.
On 2UE they were comlaining about this matter last Thursday evening.
Those in the media are now complaining. You'd think with that sort of publicity that Fox/9 and 10 would be unhappy and I'm sure they'll change it. Well you would think they would.
Good onya mate!

Get Smart.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:10 am

Now you know who I am...the masked stirrer.
I recon that we should all drop a letter to the DT and voice our opinion.Iy you check out ninemsn.com.au/discussion tv shows you will also see a few posts having a go at AFL/Ch9/Ch10/Fox.
The only reason that I am doing this ishopefully 'SOME ONE M I G H T LISTEN'

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:11 am

Further to my last post,I also dropped a line top some reporter in The SunHerald as well voicing my opinion on AFL/ the rest as well.
Keep an eye open for that too.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:26 am

Well done PeterWh for getting up and doing something about it. We all should take a leaf out of your book.

I am going to email the AFL berating them for not looking after the game's interests a little better (I can not believe they think that no Saturday afternoon game telecast in Sydney is good for the game).

My brother is up there in heather territory, so I will try and stir him up (and then they will be sorry, as once he is fired up, he gets a bit emotive).

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:34 pm

Can someone here clarify the no saturday footy (north of the barassi line) for me here... as this week there is footy on saturday arvo on channel 10. It is a sin city v filth game so are they only showing sin city when they play on sat arvo and no one else??

or was the no footy on sat arvo just a last week thing with easter and all???

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:13 pm

can you post the article please

GO PIES!

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:41 am

To all concerned this is what appeared in Tuesday April 2/2002 Daily Telegraph...Quote unquote;'I agree with Bryce Nimmo (the daily Telegraph,March 30) when he states about Channel9,Channel 10,Foxtel and the AFL.
We supporters that have voiced our opinion have been completely ignored.
Who wants to wait up until 11:30pm or even 1:00am to watch a replay when it was played some 6 hours earlier and you can get the scores from ABC radio or from Channel 34 Sky news,so thereforeknow NOT to watch the replay'
Sighne by me.
******NOW******in todays Telegraph under heading of AFL crisir talks on TV coverage,it states that there were over 5000 complaints from angry fans about the coverage....lack of.....The TV stations have had email,phone calls and mail from viewers,BUT talks broke down last week.
The AFL is in crisis talks with ABC but is seems that they ABC will continue to broadcast the games,but again the ABC says that oits calls cannot be resold os the rights have already been sold to TELSTRA and they have been paid.The AFL is trying to get the games televised with a 1 hour delay instead of a 3 hour and also more LIVE gear on Ch9/10.
What I also want to know is why we have to pay for Ch14,when the ARL get Ch11/12 for FREE.
One interesting question......who runs the AFL,its sounds like a pack of fairies to me......any way I shall keep you posted on future developments as they come to hand.....this is me saying hooroo to you and signing off

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: