Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Support your Cheer Squad

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 6:47 pm
Post subject: Support your Cheer SquadReply with quote

On days like yesterday the Cheer Squad must be very hard work indeed.

Unfortunately I can't get to banner making to help with the banners, but I see the results every week, nor can I get to the Cricketers for Joffa's speeches, but I see and hear (from here) the results of those too. I can't share in the thousand and one things that are done by all the dedicated people in the Cheer Squad, but I always share in the results.

The Cheer Squad is the engine room of the crowd and its job is to keep the noise going and drive that crowd through victory and defeat. Collingwood's Cheer Squad is the best! Always there, always passionate, ready to fight (figuratively) bad games, security, opposition yobboes, bad weather and anything else that may be, and is, thrown at them.

Their importance to the team and to the other supporters can't be underestimated and we should do everything possible to help them keep their position as the top Cheer Squad in the country.

The reason I'm posting this here and not in the Cheer Squad forum is that the Cheer Squad forum has been very quiet over the off-season and we may have forgotten to check it. Get in there from time to time and let them know that they're appreciated, keep that forum humming. It's always difficult to work and to stay motivated without feedback - they need to know, especially after a loss that they're the best - and that we know that they're the best.

Don't take them for granted, help them out, get your thinking caps on and get the banner suggestions going for the next few rounds. How good would it be to see your banner held up for the Pies to run through in front of 70,000 fans and hundreds of thousands of tv viewers. That happened for more than a few people last season when the Cheer Squad started taking banner suggestions through the net and it could happen for you.

Just do it.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bringing this back to the top because I think, after the last few days, it's a good time to let the Cheer Squad know that we're behind them.

I originally posted this about an hour before Michael Warner's Cheer Squad article was published and it was swamped. So I'm giving it another chance.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:50 pm

The Cheer Squad is more powerful than Michael Warner, CQ, Rohan Tateson Dyer and Michael "Chicken" Palmer put together.

We are here to stay ... so get used to it, you pathetic spoilers and splitters.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:57 pm

good stuff Alf.

the passion will never dissipate. i'm already pumped for saturday's match.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:35 pm

Thanks for those kind words Mike they are needed and very much appreciated...

THE CHEERSQUAD UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!!!

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 01 April 2002).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:44 pm

Its been a terrible few days to be honest i cant ever remember feeling this down but we will march on, that final siren on saturday is gonna be sooo sweet!!!

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:46 pm

Mike from all of us in the squad thank you for your continued support on this board for the collingwood cheer squad.
thanks mate
joff

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 01 April 2002).]

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:28 pm

From my one experience of the cheer squad, I can say that it is a very special and spine-chilling experience. The Collingwood cheer-squad has a reputation. A reputation to be the loudest, the most passionate and alot of ruthlessness in there for good measure!

It is trying to be brought down before it continues to grow, bigger and better, untill it is widely-feared by opposition fans. The cheer-squad will overcome this adversity, and do what it does best, be the greatest in the league.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
Melsa5 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:00 am

I thoroughly support Joffa and the boys.

Being an ex cheer squad member, I know the commitment and hard work you have to put in, (and we did it with minor support from the club.) But there was nothing better (after spending hours at the club and getting home all hours in the morning), to have the boys win a memorable match. That is the reward of the commitment!!!

And as for the rapport with Eddie, Eddie has been a huge supporter of the cheer squad over the years (even when he wasn't as involved in the club), so I wouldn't call that "crawling etc", come on get the facts right you knockers. It is just great to see the support he lends (from the club) to the cheer squad. It is exactly what should happen, "working as a team".

I have been proud of your effort guys of the past year. You have bought back the spirit of old times and its only getting better. I know the effort isn't just yours, but also Kerrie's and others. So keep it up guys.

Don't loose the spirit.

paulie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:03 pm

Very much looking forward to being a paid up member of the Cheer Squad haven't been since i was a kid.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:00 pm

It was a great thrill for me, being there as Official Cheersquad first gamer.

CAAS 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:16 am

Take this how you lilke people but I was asked by a mate from the herald sun to give him a quote about what happenned on Thursday night. He wanted to know who this anti cheer squad were and why they were causing trouble. I told him all about the shit that i copped when i was chant leader from the likes of the unofficials and the outer squad and what sort of shit you guy's were getting.
NOT once was i bagging the Cheer Squad. I was STICKING up for the cheer squad but Alf, your just too stupid to realise that. Nice pic in the paper too. Hope Kerri had a word to you about your antics that game. [SNIP - irrelevant, inflammatory and troll fuel - no criticism of you CAAS, but we don't need it at the moment, Mike] Your hat was nearly as bad as your antics!
Back toi what i was saying, I left the cheer squad because of the shit that was being thrown my way from groups like the unofficials and antis were causing plus the in fighting that was going on. Everyone knows that there was a click when i was there and that people sucked up the prez's arse. The same people are now doing it to the new prez who me and the other guys have a lot of respect for.
We are all ex cheer squad members who now stand in the same place every week and sing our songs and get the back of the stands going off. We have many social club members like ourselves who sit in front of us to enjoy our songs. We do not go about bagging the cheer squad like the other groups do.
We know you cant drink in the cheer squad and we respect that. Everyone knows that when Kerri needs help we are there to help, not like the other groups.
As for the photo in the paper, you will be lucky if you see us carry on like you guys were, you looked like you were going to kill Richardson and Frankie looked like she was trying to hit him with a flag.
If people have a problem with what i said in the paper, feel free to come and have a word to me on Saturday, If you have trouble finding me just listen for one of our songs. I dont hide behind my computer like others (ALF) do, i say what i think should be said.

Collingwood Alcohol Appreciation Society
United we stand, Divided we fall down drunk.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 03 April 2002).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:52 am

Mike palmer

Mate what was said in that article and the response that followed was unfortunate but it did upset a lot of people, mike i know you and your a fun guy ( look the thing that upset everyone was the fact the herald sun was very much saying we have no respect for each other or the collingwood football club)
Please lets just leave it there and get on with following the pies. mick we all know the article was full of shit but the fact is the football world will now be watching us please i beg everyone lets not give them any reason to think that maybe the story was in any way factual, Again i say lets show the football world how united we really are to do anything else would be disasterous.
mick we will be at cricketers on sat from midday please feel free to pop over and have a drink pal
joffa

CAAS 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:15 am

Hi Joffa

I have no angst towards anybody mate, I was just trying to state that people have interpreted the article the wrong way and that all the reporter is trying to say is that Drunks should not be aloud in a family area. The cheer squad is family orientated and should stay like that.

As you know Joffa, I and the others help out whenever we are required and we always come donw and say g'day before a game.
I will be at the MCG pub before the game then i will be in the social club till around 1pm. We come down early incase Kerris needs some help with the banner. Appreciate the offer for a beer mate but I'll have to decline.

Mick

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:34 am

what does CAAS stand for out of interest ??

Yeah i agree that the Cheersquad is and should be a family area. However there is no bad blood between the Outercheersquad and the Official Cheersquad.

JLC

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: