Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Best and worst areas of Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Croydon as the worst places, or anywhere with drunken, suicidal Collingwood supporters who want you to run them over on the highway and when that fails attack your car Rolling Eyes
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:14 pm

David wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
Brewer's Droop wrote:
Shane Whelan wrote:

Go for a walk down Boldrewood Avenue one night.

Typical bigot tactics.

and there he goes again........

so, Droop, what suburb do you live in?

Not sure about the suburb, but from memory there's a bridge thereabouts, and some billy goats gruff... Smile

i thought more along the lines of Himalayas and temples and even llama's, or are they in south america? or is that the alpaca? So confused. I probably shouldn't dally here.

Shane Whelan 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
WTF is Boldrewood Avenue anyway? Confused

Preston through to Reservoir
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:57 pm

I spent my first 18 years in the North - Eastern Suburbs on rural properties. (Yarrambat, 5 acres then Diamond Creek 5.5 acres) I also lived in a few suburban houses on suburban blocks in Diamond Creek.

Last December I moved to Clarinda. I love the South - Eastern / Bayside area so much more. I now live in Springvale. If I had my way I'd be somewhere between Clayton South and Mckinnon / East Bentleigh. Even Cheltenham.

There's areas around here I wouldn't want to live in either like Doveton or Frankston if I didn't have to. I work in St Kilda and wouldn't particularly want to live around St Kilda or Elwood and can probably never afford to anyway.

The part of Preston I used to work in wasn't particularly nice and I'm not too fond of most of the Northern suburbs. Nor the Western Suburbs.

The better parts of Melbourne generally speaking are the Eastern, South eastern and north eastern suburbs.

Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

The Russell Street Pole Dancing Bogan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:27 pm

My best friend is currently trying to find a house, or apartment to buy close to the city, so I can move in there next year. What areas close to the city, would you recommend?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:42 pm

Personally I wouldn't recommend any areas close to the city. IMO, they're either too expensive or too scummy.

Depends why you want to be close to the city and what you like. If you like the cafe set, there's places like that, if you want to be close to the city for work only, be prepared to move a little out and follow the train lines. Despite the angst, they're not bad. If you want to be close to the club scene, look between city and St Kilda.

magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:09 pm

Go_The_Mighty_Magpies wrote:

Last December I moved to Clarinda. I love the South - Eastern / Bayside area so much more. I now live in Springvale. If I had my way I'd be somewhere between Clayton South and Mckinnon / East Bentleigh. Even Cheltenham.

Cheltenham is awesome.I'm in the Mentone end of Cheltenham,but I'm 10 mins away from Southland,in the middle of Mentone & Cheltenham train stations,old people everywhere so there is like zero crime and it's a really quite suburb,even though I'm literally 4-5 houses down from the corner of my street and Warrigal Rd.

Been living in Cheltenham in the same house since I was 6 Im now 20 and not once have we been broken into or had any drama.

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:27 pm

Yeah I prefer that part of our local area to over here. I'm not in the heart of Springvale luckily, the general area is between Center and Westall and Springvale rds basically if you know that area at all. Clarinda was only a bit further in but the difference is pretty big. It's strange though, the difference between Clarinda and Clayton could be astonishingly different in the same day, yet so close together.
Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Personally I wouldn't recommend any areas close to the city. IMO, they're either too expensive or too scummy.

Depends why you want to be close to the city and what you like. If you like the cafe set, there's places like that, if you want to be close to the city for work only, be prepared to move a little out and follow the train lines. Despite the angst, they're not bad. If you want to be close to the club scene, look between city and St Kilda.

What about the Docklands? He's looking at buying there (his money, so I don't mind!). He currently lives in Vermont.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:17 pm

Whoa, Docklands, serious cash required.

Right next to Telstra dome, western fringe of the city so walking/tram distance to everything, brand new area with lots of restaurents and no baggage.

If I was a girl in her 20's I don't know how comfortable I'd feel walking around there too much at night on my own once you get away from the busy parts, but you could say the same for most areas nowdays.

That'd be better than most if he can afford it i'd think.

Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:20 pm

Hmmmmm ok....

I'm getting really worried about a lot of people saying not walk around anywhere in Melbourne at night time. I'm wondering if the crime rate is actually higher than Sydney.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Dunno bout crime rate, and I haven't been round after midnight much for a long time but people tend to move in packs. Anywhere dark and out of the crowd is not a good place to be in the early hours of the morning alone.

I've personally never given a shit and go where i want and when but I'm not a chick and I'm a bit bigger than average and have never had any problems.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:49 pm

I walk home all the time at night from the CBD. I've never had any probs.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:54 pm

I spose I should qualify Joel, early evening; no probs. 11pm to 1am, getting shaky; after that i'd suggest being careful.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:14 pm

I lived at Hallam at one stage for 5 years, and there was a creep who raped a photographer with a knife and dumped her to die at Tynong, and she was stronger than him and survived. He drove within 20 metres of my home with her in the boot of his car, he lived at Doveton, across the road from where I shopped. I couldn't go out of a night time after that was revealed for around 2 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: