Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sam Lane - get your facts right

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So is Brad Dick now in trouble for dragging the clubs name through the mud too?

This illustrates perfectly how media incompetence, and refusal to base their comments off any facts can be damaging both to our club, and to our players personally.

Brad Dick's poor family is probably thinking "what the bloody hell did we do to deserve this?" I would also wager that a few people who may not have followed the story earlier in the year, have heard Brad's name mentioned and just assumed the story to be true.

We always hear calls for the club to start getting tough....we'll id like to see the club start getting tough on shit like this. Its damaging, its incompetent, and in this instance...its just pure lazy. We should be pushing for printed corrections in situations like this.

Hell, they drag our boys over the coals for making stupid mistakes...its bloody well high time we started responding in kind.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Zakal wrote:
So is Brad Dick now in trouble for dragging the clubs name through the mud too?

This illustrates perfectly how media incompetence, and refusal to base their comments off any facts can be damaging both to our club, and to our players personally.

Brad Dick's poor family is probably thinking "what the bloody hell did we do to deserve this?" I would also wager that a few people who may not have followed the story earlier in the year, have heard Brad's name mentioned and just assumed the story to be true.

We always hear calls for the club to start getting tough....we'll id like to see the club start getting tough on shit like this. Its damaging, its incompetent, and in this instance...its just pure lazy. We should be pushing for printed corrections in situations like this.

Hell, they drag our boys over the coals for making stupid mistakes...its bloody well high time we started responding in kind.

That's right Zak. This is now the third time I have heard Dick's name mentioned in relation to the "adelaide incident", two of which were by women. Now sorry to all you women out there, but I just can't stand women in the media. Not because I think they don't know what they are talking about, (which sometimes they don't) but moreso that I just don't enjoy listening to women. I would much rather listen to a man on the radio or TV, women just don't give it the same oomph for me. Just as I despise watching womens sports on TV also. But this is just my opinion. (I mean that stupid Rita woman on SEN is a typical example of...well...of soemthing)

I just think before these people start shooting off at the mouth, get the facts right, especially in the media.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:12 pm

That's fair enough, but I think this kind of thing spreads throughout the media, regardless of the gender of the journalist.

Great post Zakal, I agree 100%. It's one thing to make a silly mistake when reporting, but when that mistake makes someone look bad unfairly, it's 10 times worse.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:15 pm

David wrote:
That's fair enough, but I think this kind of thing spreads throughout the media, regardless of the gender of the journalist.

Great post Zakal, I agree 100%. It's one thing to make a silly mistake when reporting, but when that mistake makes someone look bad unfairly, it's 10 times worse.

That error would be a good one for a quick Media Watch mention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: