Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Chris Benoit and family found dead

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what you are saying, Dark Lord, I am disappointed that the WWE would have even considered a death angle, after they did that suicide angle with the Road Warriors & Droz a few years back. I would have thought after the tragic death of Owen, and the untimely death of Eddie Guerrero that they would have left the death stuff alone.

For them to keep it up after Sherri died is even worse, and now with Benoit dead and his family they finally drop it. I wonder if anyone saw any changes in Benoit's personality lately, from what I have heard the family emergency was his wife and son vomiting blood.

Though I suppose there are going to be rumours everywhere it will not affect the way I saw him as a wrestler, or as a person before this event took place. It's tragic for something like this to happen.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:17 pm

I dont know, I was looking forward to seeing where the angle went

Really its a shock they havent done something like it before
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:12 pm

They tried an angle where Road Warrior Hawk threatened to commit suicide by jumping off the Titan Tron back in about 1998 or 1999, it ended with him falling down behind the screen. The only death that has happened before was Al Wilson who had a "heart attack" WCW had Ric Flair have a heart attack on Thunder.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:07 pm

Don't forget the real death, when Owen Hart's rope broke. Sad

Vince needs some new writers and some counsellers on board.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:42 pm

I for one used to enjoy watching his style and his tenacity to win....He was a legend.
I am just woundering whether he had anything to do with McMahon?????

member34258 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:30 am

From another forum, who got it from another forum.
Very second hand speculation.

Quote:
My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chirs Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room appearantly suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a seperate relationship), and his fans. He the fasioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the ballaster in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:28 am

Wrestler strangled wife, smothered son
June 27, 2007

PROFESSIONAL wrestling superstar Chris Benoit strangled his wife, smothered his seven-year-old son and then hanged himself from his gym equipment in a double murder-suicide that took place over three days, police have said.

Benoit and his wife Nancy and young son Daniel were discovered on Monday afternoon inside their home in Fayetteville, Georgia, an Atlanta suburb.

Police have also said anabolic steroids were found in the house, but they would not speculate on a possible motive for the crimes.

Nancy was killed on Friday in family room on an upper level of the family mansion. Blood was found under her head and her feet and wrists were bound, the county's district attorney said.

Daniel died late on Saturday or early Sunday. His body was found in his bed, the prosecutor Scott Ballard said, according to the Associated Press.

Bibles were placed beside both bodies. Police have said autopsies have shown all three died of asphyxiation.

The 40-year-old WWE superstar then waited up to a full day before taking his own life by hanging himself using a pulley on one of his weights machines, Mr Ballard said.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21975996-5005961,00.html?from=public_rss

Gazza05 Capricorn

BRING ON SEASON 2010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:50 am

Well there goes the theory that his wife killed his son....

Very ordinary.....

Roid rage mayby ????

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:48 pm

According to Fox news,Benoit had an AVO against him by his wife nancy back in 2005 as he was agressive towards her and his son.
We also took steriod and was very dispondent after the death of Eddie Gerrero.
Fox also stated that 19 pro wrestlers have died thru suicide over the past 8 years and that the stress on them to perform is 'over the top'

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:30 pm

I am in shock I saw Chris wrestle here in 1993 as many on here probably did as well. What a horrible tragedy. Everyone I know who had met him said he was a great guy.

R .I. P. Benoit Family. This is the saddest death in wrestling as an innocent child has been lost!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:45 pm

Press Conference Details:

Lt. Thomas Pope:

Officials found Benoit after being alerted by WWE that he had missed dates.

There was no suicide note.

All three were killed by "asphyxiation." (no specific details were stated)

Daniel was found in his bedroom.

Nancy was found in an office area/family room.

It's believed that Nancy was killed a day before Daniel. The doctor from the crime lab says that Nancy was murdered on Friday and Daniel was murdered the next day. Chris died on Monday.

Prescription drugs were found in the house for Chris, but is being handled as "legal."

One such medication was steroids.

The text message that Benoit sent wasn't received until "several hours" after it was sent.

Toxicology reports could take several weeks.

Scott Ballard (Georgia D.A.)

The "bizarre circumstances" were related to the timeline.

A bible was found next to each body (although no specifics are available).

Nancy was "bound on her feet" and wrists. The "was some blood under her head."

Daniel showed no signs of a struggle.

Has not seen the order of protection that has been alleged.

It appears that he did not seem to try to "hide" the bodies.

Nancy and Daniel were found upstairs. Chris was found in a weight room downstairs.

Chris used the chord from a weight machine to commit suicide.

No idea on a motive.

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:45 pm

WWE Response to Media Reports:

WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting
Written: June 26, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:47 pm

From WWE.com

On Saturday, June 23, Chris Benoit was slated to appear at a WWE live event in Beaumont, Texas. That afternoon, Benoit contacted WWE to inform them that his wife and child were ill, and that he would not be able to attend the show.

WWE executives rebooked Benoit’s flight for the following morning, allowing Benoit to miss the Beaumont event making alternate arrangements for him to attend the pay-per-view event in Houston on Sunday.

WWE employees attempted to confirm with Benoit his travel plans but were unable to contact him.

Early Sunday morning, between 3:51 and 3:58 a.m., Benoit sent five text messages to co-workers:

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Throughout the day on Sunday, WWE made numerous attempts to contact Benoit both at home and at local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 p.m., WWE officials were unable to establish contact with Chris Benoit.

At 12:30 p.m. on Monday, June 25, WWE officials were notified of the text messages sent to the co-workers the previous day. By 12:45 p.m., WWE had contacted Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office requesting they check on the Benoit family.

Fayetteville County Sheriffs office made contact with WWE at approximately 4:00 p.m. advising that they had entered the house of Chris Benoit and found three deceased bodies – an adult male, adult female and a male child. WWE was told that Benoit’s home was now considered a major crime scene.

The decision to cancel the live event scheduled in Corpus Christi that night was made between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. In keeping with company policy, and with limited knowledge regarding facts of the case, WWE choose to air a memorial dedicated to the career of Chris Benoit. As facts emerged surrounding the case, all tributes to Chris Benoit were removed both on-air and on WWE.com.

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:48 pm

Nancy died on Friday,
Daniel on Saturday morning and Benoit died late on Saturday/early Sunday.

Nancy was also bound at the hands and feet (tied up basically) and had some blood on her head. A bible was found next to all three bodies. (3 bibles)

Nancy was found upstairs in a family/entertainment room, Daniel in his bedroom and Benoit in the basement/weightroom.

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:49 pm

The whole thing is pretty hard to fathom.

I'll always respect and admire Chris Benoit for his in-ring ability, but as a human being, all respect has been lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: