Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Chris Benoit and family found dead

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:23 pm
Post subject: Chris Benoit and family found deadReply with quote

Quote:
Source:WWE.com

World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

RIP Chris, Nancy & Daniel Benoit Sad

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Some further info from www.news.com.au

CHRIS Benoit, one of TV wrestling's leading personalities, and his family have been found dead in their home in a town in Georgia, the World Wrestling Entertainment body has said.

The bodies of Benoit, a 40-year-old Canadian, his wife Nancy, and their seven-year-old son were found after the wrestler missed an engagement to attend to a "family crisis", according to WWE.

Police are investigating at the scene and precise circumstances of the deaths are unclear, reports from the scene have said. According to some reports, police have only said that the victims were not shot.

The WWE has said the death of Benoit - known as the Canadian Crippler - and his family is a "terrible tragedy".

"Chris was beloved among his fellow Superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability," the WWE has said.

"He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss.

"WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy."

The president of the Canadian WWE has said: "Chris was always first-class - warm, friendly,
caring and professional ... one of the best in our business".

Benoit was a world heavyweight champion, intercontinental champion and tag-team champion.

Nancy Benoit was a wrestling manager who went by the stage name "Woman", the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has reported.

The paper has reported that the pair met when wrestling show scripts paired them romantically. They became involved in real life soon after.

He missed a scheduled event in Houston over the weekend because of what the ringside announcer called "personal reasons". In its broadcast, the WWE blamed the no-show on a "family emergency".

The WWE has said the upcoming episode of Raw would serve as a tribute to Benoit.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:10 pm

I knew he was president, but I never knew he of the Canadian WWE said Chris was first-class - warm friendly caring and professional.
TurkishPie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:12 pm

As i stated my favourite wretler in the modern era. Best technician i have seen, better than Hart and Hennig(Mr Perfect).

Wrestlemania 20 will always be a great highlight for me.

He also reminded me of Scott Burns a little.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:34 pm

I will forever remember the match Benoit and Hart did for the memory of Owen Hart as it was the first and only time I ever got to see two of my favourites of the time in the ring. I was a huge fan of Eddie Guerrero as well, I loved seeing him and Dean Malenko wrestle in matches back in the

More news below.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.p...leid=184826975

WWE Alerts Police To Investigate Benoit Family Emergency
06/25/2007 by Ryan Clark
We're being told tonight that police were dispatched to the Benoit home after receiving a call from WWE officials who were concerned that they were not able to get in touch with Benoit.

We're also told that police found the bodies at around 4pm local time and that police would not say how the family died other than they were not shot to death. It could have been carbon monoxide but we do NOT want to speculate on anything.

Vince McMahon opened tonight's RAW broadcast standing in the ring in an empty arena. McMahon explained that tonight was scheduled as a show centered around the presumed death of the "Mr McMahon" character, but with the tragic news of this afternoon the show would now be a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:48 pm

Bugger. One of my favourite wrestlers. great technician in the ring.

Sad loss for wrestling fans and his extended family. Sad

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:36 pm

What do you do in your spare time?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:07 pm

I read that Chris Killed his Family and then Himself.

Shit What Nut Job. Didn't see that coming

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:23 pm

There has not been any confirmation on who did what, at the moment there is only speculation. On WWE.com the following has been added to the news story,....

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superst...s/benoitupdate

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I read that Chris Killed his Family and then Himself.

Shit What Nut Job. Didn't see that coming

Who knows how and why it happed? He could have been suffering from severe Depression, which is a mental illness. Calling him a "nut job" is a little bloody harsh.

TurkishPie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:47 pm

I have been following Benoit for quite som time now and I find the murder suicide angle very hard to believe.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:50 pm

At the moment they think he may have, there's nothing that says he has, no proof to say that he has. Well none that has been reported yet, the saddest thing is the loss of his son at 7 years old.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:03 pm

TurkishPie wrote:
I have been following Benoit for quite som time now and I find the murder suicide angle very hard to believe.

Sometimes the one's you think are least likely to have issues are the biggest concern. The ones who keep it all inside and present the brave face so no one knows they're carrying all this stuff inside until something happens.

If it was a murder suicide, then it's very sad that no one saw any signs to take any interventions. Like Dark Lord said, depression is a mental illness that can effect anyone.

Regardless of how it happned, Very sad.

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:20 pm

This is what I posted on a Wrestling Board earlier today:

I'm shocked and a little bit angry this morning, waking up to hear the news of Benoit's untimely death.

Shocked at the death itself and the apparent circumstances surrounding it.

Angry because of what has been happening on WWE television over the past couple of weeks and that I had a bad feeling about it coming back to haunt them. (I assure you that was no pun intended.)

On Smackdown two weeks ago, they were playing recorded segments with Superstars paying tribute to Vince. Sure, some of them were amusing, particularly Regal's, but I felt that it was totally inappropriate because that is what they do when someone really dies.

In a discussion with one of my friends, I voiced by disappointment over it, saying that what happens if someone really dies now? Where does fiction and reality separate? Surely when someone actually dies, the tributes will be tarnished, knowing that weeks earlier they had done the same thing over a fictional death.

Then Sherri Martel died.

WWE considered dropping the McDeath Angle, but decided that the show must go on. Heck, they barely paid tribute to her at all, simply because of the damage they had done to blur the lines in regards to paying tribute to someones death.

Then Chris Benoit dies.

The chickens have come back to roost. I knew this would bite them in the ass. Will the tributes to Chris seem tarnished because of the WWE's poor creative decisions? God, I hope not. I guess I will find out when I watch Raw tomorrow.

I remember when Eddie died, the WWE were fantastic in the way they treated it... right up to the point when Rey Mysterio decided to base a career on his memory. Well, it looks like he has another one to leech off of... I just hope against hope that my cynical prediction is simply grief-related and it doesn't come to pass.

Chris Benoit. You were one of the best. I will miss you.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:54 pm

Wow, still in shock, to come home from such a superb holiday and be greeted with this, unbelievable

R.I.P Chris Benoit and family Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: