Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match - The Big One: Collingwood v Hawthorn

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomad pie 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought based on the last couple of weeks Stanley ahead of Holland. Licuria will probably get Mitchel. Is there a good match up for Holland? The midfield and clearances are probably the key.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:27 pm

Holland always gets a game, seldom does anything much to justify it. I expected Holland to play. If I was coach, Holland would play - for Williamstown, until he learns to stop holding up the play, butchering the ball, and kicking sideways helicopters.

Stanley or Iles or Medhurst - all three would improve for another run in the seniors, where what Holland needs to improve his game is a spell in the twos.

nomad pie 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:32 pm

Agree, holland has let us down with his disposal and has been pretty quiet. Medhurst would add options, illes would add pace, what does Holland add compare to the others? Is there a tagging job for him? Even if he is ahead of Stanly, Obree, Licca, Burns, Swan, Johnson would be well ahead of Holland at the moment.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:52 pm

Concur wholeheartedly. Holland's continually holding up the play, those dinky chipkicks which float forever above the target. Not to mention some undiciplined acts. Back to Williamstown for a fortnight, I'd say.
MardyP 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:22 pm

Holland is crap! He has done nothing all year.

I expect a late change - Didak out, Medhurst in.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:41 pm

With all that has gone on in the media this week with Did's, I'd now keep Holland in 100%. Not that Holland has anything to do with the incident, but a lot of the boys will be out to support Did's, I know who i'd want around me in the trenches, and that's Holland, he's nuts. Prolly get his arse in trouble, but we have others to take his spot. I'm hoping Did's isn't too vulnerable out there. Lots of sledging to be done and it could be his undoing or spur him. Eitherway, he needs some support!

Go boys

Adz 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:29 pm

Didak won't play.
Medhurst in.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:52 pm

I think in the confusion and hype about Didak and so forth the importance of this game has been lost somewhere.

1. Geelong 40pts
2. Hawthorn 32 pts*
3. West Coast 32 pts*
4. Collingwood 32 pts*

5. Essendon 32 pts
6. Port Adelaide 32 pts
7. Adelaide 28 pts*
8. Western Bulldogs 28 pts*

9. Kangaroos 28pts*
10. Sydney
11. Fremantle
12. St.Kilda
13. Brisbane
14. Carlton
15. Melbourne
16. Richmond

We win this we elevate ourselves at a minimum up to third position. If West Coast loose today we go to out right second, a game clear of West Coast and Hawthorn.

This ultimatly sets us up for a real top 4 dig at the finals with what is percieved to be a lighter run home compared to the first half of the season.

Hawthorns massive strength is its midfield. IMO they have arguably one of the if not the most talented midfield going around. Negate the middle and the run from half back and your half way home, so long as Buddy Franklin doesnt decided today is his day.

The way we use the ball and get it into our forwards today is crucial. Ben Reid will not be able to, no matter how good he will be in the future, pull down marks like Rocca has in the past. He is leading the AFL in cotested marks.

Put it on a platter for the forwards and negate their run through the middle and we are a big show. Its a tough ask but can be done and if it is done we set up our season. These are the matches that are to be won to win yourself a premiership.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: