Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

F2006 Rant

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:39 pm
Post subject: F2006 RantReply with quote

Many things i take with a grain of salt and take no notice of, im not one to really get annoyed or frustrated at little things, but Ive finally had enough, working at Maccas as a part time manager the job has a fair bit of pressure involved so its not exactly the best job to have when your stressing over exams but so be it. I don't know if I'm over reacting but can when visiting Mcdonalds do these 2 things:

1. Don't be rude to the staff, if its taking you a little while to get served it's not because you are not important its more than likely because we are busy, run of our feet or people have rung in sick. Please show a little bit of self control and if you have to wait 1 minute on a big mac is its not necessary to take your daily problems out on those who are working there hardest to make sure that your not too inconvienced.

2. Put your frig rubbish in the bins provided. It takes 30 seconds after you have eaten! Seriously you wonder why service is taking a while, well if one of the girls that were meant to be serving you didn't have to clean up the mess that others left for 15mins of every hour then we would be able to serve approx 15 more customers.

Now if you could please just do these two little things it would make my workplace a far more enjoyable experience.

Rant of

Cheers,

Fav 2006

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fav 2006 I guess as a fellow McDonald's worker I have to back you up here Smile

I don't mind cleaning up rubbish, but it is common courtesy to put your stuff in the bin, there's bins everywhere all over Maccas and really you can do it on the way out without any inconvenience or going out of your way.

I know like anyone else how frustrating it can be waiting 20 minutes in a queue (as I did at KFC last Wednesday). But of course, there's nothing that can be done, and if the place is understaffed or it's simply too busy, it's bad luck, and abusing the counter staff isn't really going to help anyone.

so Tess, you didn't get the straw and napkins in the first place? (sorry I was a little confused reading it). I've forgotten to hand them out myself occasionally in the past, it happens when you get through 400 customers a day, but if a customer came back to get them (which, admittedly, they shouldn't have to), you would think it would be courteous on the mcdonalds' worker's part to at least be pretty apologetic.

Oh, and by the way, I hate the place Razz Probably has something to do with the fact I've been working there almost 4 years Rolling Eyes

Brewer's Droop Virgo

HIC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:49 pm

Tess wrote:
So I checked the bag and did find a, a bloody straw and b, napkins.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Well being a union type of person I for one wont pick up my rubbish. This is the multi million mega company saving money by not paying someone to maintain cleanliness in the place. Putting your rubbish in the bins and tidying up is putting someone out of a job.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:05 pm

I'm with ya there, nuxta. Macca's is paying someone to clean up, so why should I do it?

If I cleaned up when I left, I bet I wouldn't get a discount on my next visit!

Hooked
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:40 pm

Geez, my Dad was as Union as they come and 1 thing he drilled into me when we wentto the pub was "Don't be a bloody Victorian". By which he meant, when you went back to the bar for a fresh beer, FFS take your empties back.

I apply the same philosphy when I eat in any food court or a fast food outlet, when I'm finished I pick my stuff up put the rubbish in the bin as I walk toward the door. To me, that's just courtesy and leaving your rubbish behind for someone else to clean up is just sheer laziness and bad manners.

As far as doing someone out of a job.......please. Rolling Eyes
Do you mow your own lawns? Cook your own meals? Clean your own house? If you answered yes then you're doing people out of potential jobs there.

And Fav's the part about people grizzling and sooking at you, unfortunately that's a fact of life in retail. The customer may not always be right, but he/she is always the customer and a high percentage of the time, a whinging prick.

Dale61 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:46 pm

Did you mean when we finish eating INSIDE? I always order via the drive thru, then eat whilst sitting in my car in the car park.

As Macca's are supposed to be environmentally aware, their packaging should be biodegradable, so throwing the rubbish in their garden shouldn't be a problem. Eventually, it will decompose and replenish the area.

Hooked

Last edited by Dale61 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dale61 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Do you mow your own lawns? Cook your own meals? Clean your own house? If you answered yes then you're doing people out of potential jobs there.

No to all the above.

My missus and I have an agreement; she does everything around the house ending in 'ing', and I do what's left. Therefore, she does the mowing, cooking, cleaning, etc, whilst I surf the net, read emails and watch DVD's. See the pattern? Not one thing ending in 'ing' in my chores.

Hooked
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:53 pm

Maccas, the last refuge of the slave traders
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:58 pm

Dale61, you crack me up. Laughing Laughing

Couple of potential downsides to your "ing" theory though.

Eating
Drinking
urinating
copulating

Wink

Gazza05 Capricorn

BRING ON SEASON 2010

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:41 pm

I'm sure you could slip in some Wa@#ing
qldpie02 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:28 pm

dont piss off the person serving you food THEYLL SPIT IN IT! Laughing
but seriously, if u want to be served properly - talk properly, be nice and specific!!! dont say - i want lotto.....well thats really helpful....dont get angry at ME when i ask what TYPE of lotto u want...saturday, tuesday, wednesday, pools, casket ticket, syndicates - small, medium large?.....c'mon....GIVE ME SOMETHING TO WORK WITH....and if i make a mistake with change cos im using my brain and not the til AND i PICK UP on the mistake and give you the extra change...dont look at me like im stealing, i corrected my mistake.
AND if u are younger and there is an elderly person next to you and i dont know who was next and neither of you say anything when i ask "who was next", then i WILL serve the older person first...unless there's like an 8 y.o and theres heaps of people around, they get served first cos otherwise theyll get stood on Shocked
and when i say whose next DONT STARE AT ME BLANKLY IF U WANNA GET SERVED START TALKING!!!!

AND TESS....have u not ever made a mistake EVER in your lifetime....open the lid and drink out of the cup, this kids getting paid 6 bucks an hour to serve fat people food that will sooner or later kill them and she goes home smelling like maccas eeekkk!
btw your last customer must be a pain the in a$$, i mean if youre the last customer then your appointments probably going to be late, nothing goes like clockwork when working with people

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:52 pm

Y'know qldpie02, I always reckon it's better to be nicer to the people serving you where ever you go.

The punter working on the checkout at the supermarket, behid the counter at the fast food shop or the local bakers. Doesn't matter. Just because you work for a large multinational that makes heaps of money doesn't mean you deserve less respect than the 16 year old on the checkout at the local IGA.

I always try to make sure I make eye contact with the people who serve me and when they mechanically ask, "how are you?" I reply pleasently "I'm good, how are you?".

It's amazing the number of times the person jerks their head up, see's me making eye contact and smiling and they start to smile too. It lifts their whole mood, if only for a few seconds.

Lot's of people seem to take on a "master/servent" mentality when they go to the shops and get some kind of kick out of thinking "you're here to serve me so do it."

I'd much rather treat people with a little dignity and respect unless they do something first that suggests they don't deserve it.

And, IMO being rude to the person serving you or leaving mess behind that you could easily clean up isn't penalising the employer, it's just putting more pressure and stress on the minimum wage punters.

magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:28 pm
Post subject: Re: F2006 RantReply with quote

favourites 2006 wrote:
Many things i take with a grain of salt and take no notice of, im not one to really get annoyed or frustrated at little things, but Ive finally had enough, working at Maccas as a part time manager the job has a fair bit of pressure involved so its not exactly the best job to have when your stressing over exams but so be it. I don't know if I'm over reacting but can when visiting Mcdonalds do these 2 things:

1. Don't be rude to the staff, if its taking you a little while to get served it's not because you are not important its more than likely because we are busy, run of our feet or people have rung in sick. Please show a little bit of self control and if you have to wait 1 minute on a big mac is its not necessary to take your daily problems out on those who are working there hardest to make sure that your not too inconvienced.

2. Put your frig rubbish in the bins provided. It takes 30 seconds after you have eaten! Seriously you wonder why service is taking a while, well if one of the girls that were meant to be serving you didn't have to clean up the mess that others left for 15mins of every hour then we would be able to serve approx 15 more customers.

Now if you could please just do these two little things it would make my workplace a far more enjoyable experience.

Rant of

Cheers,

Fav 2006

I use to be a Maccas manager also and yeah it does get really annoying when people bitch and whinge over things that are beyond your control!

On a similar level,when your at Safeway/Woolworths,and the girl serving you asks how you are,respond!It drives me nuts when people snob me off for no reason!Also,if you have green bags,give them to the girl so she can pack them!Its so belittling when you start packing customers goods in plastic and they go "oh i have green bags" and they stare at you like your trash!

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Geez, my Dad was as Union as they come and 1 thing he drilled into me when we wentto the pub was "Don't be a bloody Victorian". By which he meant, when you went back to the bar for a fresh beer, FFS take your empties back.

I apply the same philosphy when I eat in any food court or a fast food outlet, when I'm finished I pick my stuff up put the rubbish in the bin as I walk toward the door. To me, that's just courtesy and leaving your rubbish behind for someone else to clean up is just sheer laziness and bad manners.

quite right! I always put my rubbish in the bin, sometimes i actually have to go looking for a bin in some places, but i still find one. I think it's the difference between being a pig and just plain simple common courtesy. Someone else might want to sit there after you've been there.

stui magpie wrote:

ummmmmm no, no and no - wow, i never looked at myself as being an employer lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: