Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Next weekend @ Burbank 17th june

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ad4eva wrote:
Licuria 34 touches
Clarke 28 touches
Patrick Rose 29 touches and 4 goals

Special mention to Danny Nicholls, 11 tackles.
Ryan Cook very good game off half back, along with Clarke.
Sam Iles and Benny Reid very good games.
Ryan Lonie got better as the game went on.

If Clarke had a Good Game as you said he just might just put the Black and White On next week

luvlicca Virgo

Oh Nicky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:04 pm

Well hopefully today will show that a few of the boys down at Willy, Licca, Lonie and perhaps Clarke will play next week.
Although Clarke may still be a bit away....

Who knows!!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:29 pm

Quote:
2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors
Williamstown 3.3 8.11 11.14 16.20 (116)
Northern Bullants 1.1 1.3 4.6 5.6 (36)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Rose 4 Picken 2 Limbach 2 Johnson 2 Brown Proctor Iles Reid Wellingham McKenzie
Northern Bullants: Young Bower Jacobs Raso Williams

BEST:
Williamstown: Cook Rose Licuria Clarke Iles Nicholls
Northern Bullants: Teague Kennedy Grigg Jamison Iacobucci Raso

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Williamstown: Kane McKenzie reported for bumping or making forceful contact to Clinton Benjamin who had his head over the ball.
Northern Bullants: Nil

Gotta Give Clarke a Game.

Good To See Cook do well

favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:29 pm

We should keep clarke there all year. We have no need to rush him onto the seen. Let him play at Willy for the full season. Why are you in such a hurry to have him play for Collingwood Dave? He has plenty of time ahead of him and has only really come to footy this year. Let him continue to build his confidence.

Fantastic to see Licca and Lones playing well.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:39 pm

Danny Nicholls - 11 tackles. That is sensational.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:33 pm

What a great day it was out at Burbank oval, good win by the Willy boys, positive signs from the Pies players for next week, should see a couple of changes
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:01 pm

Left the ground at 3/4 quarter time when the game was over (really over at half time).
Finally very pleased by the umpires who let the game go and didn't pay frees unless they were obvious pushes or high contacts. Only disappointment was the late tackle by McKenzie which was deemed reportable.
Of the Collingwood players I thought every one of them impressed (in my blinkered opinion). Some comments:
Dick - knocked out in the first quarter and stretchered off (therefore took no further part).
Nicholls- as stated tackled surperbly. Best game I've seen from him. Makes a big difference when the umpires don't interfere when the player makes a genuine effort at tackling the player with the ball.
Licca - What can you say that hasn't been said. Gets a heap of the ball but just continually turns it over.
Lonie - Good in the first half, but still not match fit and spending a lot of time on the bench.
Cook - Fantastic game from the back half. Picked off opponents with 2-3 meter starts and mowed them down. Tackles, sets up play downfield with pinpoint passes. Hardly makes a mistake.
Reid - Mixed day being moved into the ruck at one stage and spending some time down forward as well. Coach's dream in being able to play anywhere on the ground. Just needs to learn how to kick. Almost gave away a couple of goals in the second quarter.
Clarke - Amazing player. If he doesn't succeed at AFL another career beckons as a Gridiron punter. In the third quarter while being pursued, he flicked up the ball off the ground with the toe of his shoe into his arms in all one movement to boot the ball forward.
Iles - not quite as good as last week but still a ball magnet and knows what to do with the ball when he gets it.
Richards - serviceable game in the ruck up against a more formidable opponent than the previous week.
Cox - only fault is he tries to hang onto the ball too long. Will have a long career in AFL IMHO. Will turn out to be the best player we have ever rookied.
Brown - Didn't do a lot but shows enough to indicate that he will be a player once he adapts to playing against mature aged bodies (as opposed to U18's).
Wellingham - continues to impress. Very lightly built but highly skilled and accurate kick.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:02 pm

Quote:
Clarke - Amazing player. If he doesn't succeed at AFL another career beckons as a Gridiron punter. In the third quarter while being pursued, he flicked up the ball off the ground with the toe of his shoe into his arms in all one movement to boot the ball forward.

Like to See Judd Do That Wink

conno 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:34 pm

The thing which made the flick off the boot so amazing is that is was BLOODY FREEZING, the wind was blowing a gale, it was pouring with rain and players were struggling to cope with what was a very slippery pill.

Clarke was on the beach side of the oval, and just flicked it to himself. Those conditions would have been ideal for the young Irishman! He was very good today, was Clarke.

Further to reports: Nicholls was very impressive today. Cox did some great things, but should be putting 4 quarters together at this level.

As for Cook, he covered so much ground I thought there might have been a couple of players wearing his number. Good game.

Reid was promising, and also very agile too.

I left at 3qt not because the game was over but because I couldn't feel my toes!

"Daicos!!! This is where he's at his best!!! THE MASTER!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:14 am

I liked Cox's game did enough to warrant a return to senior football next weekend.
Wellingham must be the classiest rookie of all time, The pies have to do some fast thinking about Dean Limbach this guy surely will be promoted to the collingwood list in 08.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:13 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
I liked Cox's game did enough to warrant a return to senior football next weekend.
Wellingham must be the classiest rookie of all time, The pies have to do some fast thinking about Dean Limbach this guy surely will be promoted to the collingwood list in 08.

What do you think of Clarke Joffa?

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:16 pm

Keep the reports coming guys. Thanks heaps.

Considering our skinny backline ATM, Cox will come in?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:16 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

What do you think of Clarke Joffa?

Clarke keeps slipping underneath my radar at most Willy games..he's very strong at the ball body on body and he seems to get a lot of it...he has the build to be a fantastic old fashioned centreman type player!

favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:52 pm

Dean Limbach seems like another Aaron Edwards, could he be a great VFL player, but just not up to the AFL level.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
luvlicca Virgo

Oh Nicky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:39 pm

So does anyone think that with the shortage of backmen this week that Clarke will have a look in, I mean I would prefer that he wasnt rushed, but it is a question I suppose the coaching staff may ask.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: