Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

williamstown vs Nth Ballarat @Burbank

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Should add the umpiring was s--t as usual.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:00 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Just a few comments about today's game.
Stanley didn't play so there must be some chance that he could play tomorrow.

Stanley played full back most of the day so didn't get many kicks - got beaten a couple of times but never gave up.

Do we have two stanley's???

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:27 pm

Richards played just about the best game I've seen him play. Apart from one mistake when he allowed the Ballarat ruckman to mark and goal on the goal line during the third quarter, he dominated the ball ups all day, directing most of the taps to Willi players. He also played well around the ground taking several marks and setting up play.
Lonie played most of the game and got through unscathed. Licuria took a hard knock to the body in the last quarter but seemed to recover ok.
Brown played the best game I've seen from him all year. He took a great mark against two players in the third quarter. He may have problems knowing where to position himself on the backline when his opponent moves upfield. Having Cox on the ground seems to help Brown (when Cox was off the ground in the second quarter Nth Ballarat got on top in the forward line). I didn't see any problems with Brown's kicking.
Stanley played full back most of the day so didn't get many kicks - got beaten a couple of times but never gave up.
I thought Wellingham was solid all day taking a couple of good grabs and sending the ball forward.
Dick was quiet for three quarters (generally out muscled by stronger opponents - needs to put on weight) then broke free in the last quarter and kicked a couple of good goals.
Iles had a great second half as did Nicholls in the third quarter.
Reid spent some time in the ruck in the third quarter to relieve Richards and dominated the Nth Ballarat rucks (assume Ballarat have some talls missing from their side). Reid's kicking was very ordinary but he picks the ball up like a rover.
Clarke is a thumping kick but may need to adjust to the physical side of Aussie football before he gets promoted. Macaffer played very well on the forward line but missed a couple of gettable goals he should have kicked. I doubt very much he will drop back to reserves football from now on.
Of the Willi players I was very impressed with Proctor (5), Crawford (14), Picken (1Cool and McKenzie(9).
All up a good win by Williamstown despite some wayward kicking in the second quarter. Should build up some confidence going into the rest of the season.

great write up thanks, but I assume you had a typo there. You said Stanley didn't play, then said he played full back. If Stanley didn't play, who was the full back???

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:37 pm

Cox maybe? I'm confused.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:41 pm

Richards played just about the best game I've seen him play. Apart from one mistake when he allowed the Ballarat ruckman to mark and goal on the goal line during the third quarter, he dominated the ball ups all day, directing most of the taps to Willi players. He also played well around the ground taking several marks and setting up play.
Lonie played most of the game and got through unscathed. Licuria took a hard knock to the body in the last quarter but seemed to recover ok.
Brown played the best game I've seen from him all year. He took a great mark against two players in the third quarter. He may have problems knowing where to position himself on the backline when his opponent moves upfield. Having Cox on the ground seems to help Brown (when Cox was off the ground in the second quarter Nth Ballarat got on top in the forward line). I didn't see any problems with Brown's kicking.
I thought Wellingham was solid all day taking a couple of good grabs and sending the ball forward.
Dick was quiet for three quarters (generally out muscled by stronger opponents - needs to put on weight) then broke free in the last quarter and kicked a couple of good goals.
Iles had a great second half as did Nicholls in the third quarter.
Reid spent some time in the ruck in the third quarter to relieve Richards and dominated the Nth Ballarat rucks (assume Ballarat have some talls missing from their side). Reid's kicking was very ordinary but he picks the ball up like a rover.
Clarke is a thumping kick but may need to adjust to the physical side of Aussie football before he gets promoted. Macaffer played very well on the forward line but missed a couple of gettable goals he should have kicked. I doubt very much he will drop back to reserves football from now on.
Of the Willi players I was very impressed with Proctor (5), Crawford (14), Picken (1Cool and McKenzie(9).
All up a good win by Williamstown despite some wayward kicking in the second quarter. Should build up some confidence going into the rest of the season.

Comparing your description of the game to the one on bigfooty by FIGJAM, the two completely contradict each other! Hard to know which one to believe as its all a matter of opinion I guess!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:42 pm

Sorry,
Meant to say that Ryan Cook (No.29) played at full back. At times had Whyman (No.44) playing on him - one of those explosive Aboriginal players who has speed to burn. Still acquitted himself ok.
Stanley (No.2Cool definitely didn't play. Could be holding him back should Heater not come up tomorrow.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:55 pm

Sorry,
Meant to say that Ryan Cook (No.29) played at full back. At times had Whyman (No.44) playing on him - one of those explosive Aboriginal players who has speed to burn. Still acquitted himself ok.
Stanley (No.2Cool definitely didn't play. Could be holding him back should Heater not come up tomorrow.

Thanks for that. Makes sense now. Cheers

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:02 pm

spoljar wrote:

Comparing your description of the game to the one on bigfooty by FIGJAM, the two completely contradict each other! Hard to know which one to believe as its all a matter of opinion I guess!

FWIW, do not believe any match reports other than those done by WKB, JAJH, and to a certain extent, Joffa. Other match reports to take note of are those by TCT.

It wouldn't surprise me if the other wannabe's have only jumped on-board this season, so have yet to reach any credibility, so to me, their reports mean nothing.

Just pay attention to those who know, not those who think they know!

Hooked
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:13 pm

Dale61 wrote:
FWIW, do not believe any match reports other than those done by WKB, JAJH, and to a certain extent, Joffa. Other match reports to take note of are those by TCT.

While you could be right, if 100 different people see a footy game I don't think you'd get two who had identical opinions of the way everybody played.

I'm happy if Joe Bloggs goes to Williamstown and gives a general view of how everyone went, sure perhaps you shouldn't treat it as gospel, but it's better than nothing and gives a rough idea of how the game went. So I appreciate it.

Last edited by David on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
GW19 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:13 pm

Dale61 wrote:
spoljar wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if the other wannabe's have only jumped on-board this season, so have yet to reach any credibility, so to me, their reports mean nothing.

It must be hard getting out on the wrong side of bed every day Dale...

You seem to do nothing any more other than criticise. I enjoyed your posts much more when you were able to make it to the games and provide us with some insight. Now, you seem to have resorted to sniping. Sad
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:22 pm

Thanks Dale,
Actually been supporting Williamstown since I was 10 years old. Doesn't mean my opinion is any more authoriative than FIGJAM.
FIGJAM is entitled to his opinion. Just think his opinion of Richards is a little bit harsh. Thought Richards dominated from the start. Deservably amongst the best players.
Also I don't know what Cook is expected to do playing from full back! How is he going to get as many kicks as Iles when he has an opponent to beat.
Other than that I thought FIGJAM's comments were fairly on the mark.
Our club has a lot to look forward to with the players coming through.
Have a good day.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:38 pm

A Williamstown match report should include all players, not just Collingwood listed players.

An example:
Quote:
Of the Willi players I was very impressed with Proctor (5), Crawford (14), Picken (18 ) and McKenzie(9).

So, only 4 non-CFC listed players played today? Results show that Limbach kicked 4, but no-one has mentioned that!

However, as someone mentioned, everyone has their own opinion, and I'll wait for the opinion of those who provide their thoughts on EVERY player that played.

If you want to just report on CFC players, post it in the GD forum. This is the Williamstown Factor, not The Collingwood players who play for Williamstown Factor!

Hooked
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:48 pm

Dale61 wrote:
A Williamstown match report should include all players, not just Collingwood listed players.

An example:
Quote:
Of the Willi players I was very impressed with Proctor (5), Crawford (14), Picken (18 ) and McKenzie(9).

So, only 4 non-CFC listed players played today? Results show that Limbach kicked 4, but no-one has mentioned that!

However, as someone mentioned, everyone has their own opinion, and I'll wait for the opinion of those who provide their thoughts on EVERY player that played.

If you want to just report on CFC players, post it in the GD forum. This is the Williamstown Factor, not The Collingwood players who play for Williamstown Factor!

Settle pettle.....

People come on this thread to understand how the CFC players are going. To be fair I dont recollect anyone giving a full run down on how the 22 went. So if you are waiting for someone to do the whole 22 you will be waiting a while.

Jace Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:12 pm

Dale61 wrote:

Understand your point, however I know I come here to get insight on Willy in particular the Pies boys & always keen to know how they went. If this was posted in the Pies forum others will whinge this is a Willy report & shouldn't be in here. It was a Willy game should be in here for mine.

Great report & thanks for the update on the Pies players. Great to see Richards fighting for his spot back, altough I think he still has some work to do. Great to see the other young kids still pushing for a spot too.

Thanks
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:46 pm

Jace wrote:

Understand your point, however I know I come here to get insight on Willy in particular the Pies boys & always keen to know how they went. If this was posted in the Pies forum others will whinge this is a Willy report & shouldn't be in here. It was a Willy game should be in here for mine.

So, using the theory that it's a Williamstown match report, why no, or very little, mention of the remaining 22 who are not CFC listed?

The point I was trying to make was that if there is a Williamstown match report in the Williamstown forum, then it should include all 22 players that made up the team on the day.

For example, who, from the extended interchange, actually got to play in the late game? Any info re: the reserves? (No, because no CFC listed player actually played in the reserves today).

How did Steven Greene play? (I already know the answer to that!) Brett Johnson? Andrew Williams? Dean Limbach? Patrick Rose? Afterall, all these players are Williamstown players.

Hooked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: