Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Other teams supporters coming to Nicks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Pie wrote:
My goodness...Do none of you see the guys yellow card?

far out!!

Cheers

Massive apologies memsahib, I didn't see it. BTW Luke, I didn't expect the Mods to act instantly, the yellow dots weren't there when I raised the question.

Northen Pie, next time please just say, "they have got a yellow" instead of presuming my powers of observation are better than the average 3 year old. Embarassed

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:45 pm

It's ok stui magpie we'll forgive you for your poor observation skills this time but next time you may not be lucky! Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:10 pm

I don't think he ever presumed you were an average 3yo...
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:08 pm

I don't have an issue with it as long as they dont try to cause any trouble.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:24 am

Some tend to and are given the flick pretty quickly.

We are however fairer then some other forums, I know that I was banned from Saintsational because I made a comment about someone cracking a joke involving Darren Millane. I was also banned from ThePowerfromport for not trolling but pointing out the 2003 final against us was not going to be easy as they had not beaten us in a final...and still haven't.

I would have to say out of all of them TBV was the best, as far as oppo supporters being treated there. You were given more of a chance to discuss and actually defend your club. But if you broke their rules that was the only time you were banned.

member34258 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:50 am

The Prototype wrote:
Some tend to and are given the flick pretty quickly.

We are however fairer then some other forums, I know that I was banned from Saintsational because I made a comment about someone cracking a joke involving Darren Millane. I was also banned from ThePowerfromport for not trolling but pointing out the 2003 final against us was not going to be easy as they had not beaten us in a final...and still haven't.

I would have to say out of all of them TBV was the best, as far as oppo supporters being treated there. You were given more of a chance to discuss and actually defend your club. But if you broke their rules that was the only time you were banned.

Why would you even go there?
I hope you showered and disinfected your computer after each dirty, dirty visit.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:58 am

I have gone to other forums to discuss other aspects of football, as I am only ever going to be a Collingwood supporter, sometimes you have to visit other forums to get some discussion about the wider world of the AFL.

While some people do visit these forums to troll, I don't I like to just view them and sometimes even join in on the discussion. I have not been to any other teams forums in years, I was told that TBV shut down and became another forum but I haven't gone back.

The Saints one was full of dickheads, wait what I am saying was? I should say IS full of dickheads. The Power from Port, well I went there to really discuss the Port Magpies and well it was finals time and I wanted to see their opinion on the game. I added mine and was banned, imagine that? For a whole week before the game things were fine, I add a non-trolling post and I was banned.

member34258 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:04 am

Quote:
I add a non-trolling post and I was banned.

A blueprint for Nicks?
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:50 pm

The place has run fine for over ten years, just let the mods do their job.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:21 pm

Tess wrote:
Think back not that long ago when Mike walked away - or tried too

Can't let you get away with that Tess, "tried to" doesn't come into it. I no longer moderate, I let go of that and that's as much as I need to let go of. I've walked away just as far as I need to go.

Joel is correct - this place has run fine for over ten years. We've had our ups and downs and will continue to have them. The current moderators do an excellent and often thankless (DAMHIK) task and this community is as strong as it's ever been. This is not a democracy and can never be one, but there is a balance to be found between democracy and authoritarianism and if you don't find it and get it right people vote will with their feet - that hasn't happened here, it's not happening here and there are no signs that it's about to - regardless of the efforts of the drama queens to create the drama, there is none.

The moderators are accountable and they know that. The accountability is to oversee the community in a way that doesn't result in a rapidly emptying forum, because that's the way it would end - not in a dramatic and final blow-up that you seem to be constantly warning us against Tess - that won't happen here, if it could it would have already happened, but this community is stronger than that.

To go back to the topic, this is a Collingwood bulletin board, not an AFL forum, non Collingwood people have no rights here, nor should they, regardless of how nice or reasonable they happen to be. This is our home, we don't have to argue the rights and wrongs of Collingwood with unbelievers in here and we won't.

That's my slant on it anyway.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Mike wrote:
To go back to the topic, this is a Collingwood bulletin board, not an AFL forum, non Collingwood people have no rights here, nor should they, regardless of how nice or reasonable they happen to be. This is our home, we don't have to argue the rights and wrongs of Collingwood with unbelievers in here and we won't.

That's my slant on it anyway.

And that's exactly how it should be, which is probably how other forums should be as well. Though some let others in to chat if they so wish but some abuse that privilege and the rest are left to suffer because of it.

Being that Collingwood fans are frequently the target of many trolls on the forums, it is good not to let them stay long to make their mark.

As for the moderators I have only been here since 2003 and I have enjoyed my time here, never had any problems with the moderators. I have been a moderator on other forums as well as an admin more then once on other forums and it is usually a task that comes with some people who seem never to be pleased.

But even if we do not say it, we appreciate the work that everyone does around here at Nicks. Without the moderators and the admin we'd be without a home to chat about the Magpies in a troll free environment.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:17 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I don't think he ever presumed you were an average 3yo...

OK, Gifted then Cool

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:51 pm

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and we don't always agree. But it is when someone is constantly attacked because of their opinion, harassed in a way to try to get the opinion changed, that is when things can become messy.

If I think someone is annoying, doesn't mean they are to everyone, but that is a REAL opinion to me. I find supporters of other teams very annoying on this site, and they must be placed on a very short leash, we all know how many just want to bag Collingwood, and things can become ugly very quickly.

The Mods do a great job in letting everyone have their say, but also keeping within our community wants and needs. We don't want a dictatorship here.

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:22 pm

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=36706

There should be at least one yellow given to the thread starter just for signing up when he did, then another for his first reply.

Will it happen?

Yes it did - two yellows have been handed out, and if we keep baiting him, he'll be red carded before the sun sets.

Hooked
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:07 pm

Dale, he's actually been banned. The system for some reason won't allow another card, but meh. He's gone, like the Demons season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: