Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Truck hits train- Kerang

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

One important point: the individual guilt, or innocence, of this particular truck driver does not in any way condemn truck drivers in general.

After hearing of a car accident involving a small car, would you say small car drivers are bad drivers?

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:09 pm

Tess wrote:
Well Mr Smith ooh the pain.....

My car is fairly new and it's 8 kph slow at 100kph. So I try and sit on close to 110 in my car and find I am keeping pace with the traffic.

Your a typical "umpire" type.

Ohh, resorting to name calling now

I have no trouble keeping the pace with the traffic, only seems to be the truckies overtaking me at 110 in 100 zone, rain, hail or flood they never slow down, Of course its quite funny when you reach a hill and roar past them then they come flying down the hill then they stop at the next town and it starts over again, keeps the trip entertaining especially to Adelaide
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:14 pm

David wrote:
One important point: the individual guilt, or innocence, of this particular truck driver does not in any way condemn truck drivers in general.

After hearing of a car accident involving a small car, would you say small car drivers are bad drivers?

Yes, but not as bad as women in four wheel drives. Razz

member34258 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:16 pm
Post subject: Re: [b]Driver's death race[/b]Reply with quote

fan4collingwood wrote:
Quote:
Driver's death race ANTHONY DOWSLEY, MELBOURNE
June 09, 2007 02:15am
Article from: Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email
THE truck driver who rammed the V/Line train near Kerang was trying to outrun the locomotive, police will allege.

It will be among a series of allegations to be made against driver Christiaan Scholl, 48, of Wangaratta, in a brief being compiled by investigators to prove his culpability.

The safety of the truck and his decision making as he approached the level crossing are key points to the investigation.

A source has told The Advertiser that Mr Scholl saw the train and believed he would beat it to the level crossing and braked hard when he realised he would not make it. His desperate attempt to stop left skid marks more than 30m long.

Toxicology reports have cleared the driver of any illegal levels of substances in his system.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21874842-5006301,00.html

Rules are there to protect everyone. Whether it is trying to beat a train at a crossing or running a red light, some one is going to get hurt eventually.

Worst reporting ever.
The police refute the story. And any sane person knows that it is to early to tell if the vehicle had any defects that may have contributed to the incident.
Reports are now coming in that idiots are throwing things at trucks wearing the brand of the trucking company involved. While the trucks are moving!
Also reported that idiots are driving up and down the street the driver lives in hurling abuse at his (empty) house. Are we living in the dark ages people? These people are the best argument ever for retrospective abortion laws.

I feel for the driver involved. He appears to have a 30 year record of driving, is a non drinker, non smoker, just does not fit the profile of "cowboy". Whether he made a mistake, misjudgment, plain did not see the train or the vehicle failed him, is yet to be determined.
But he sits in a hospital bed with the knowledge that he has taken 11 lives and is facing charges that may see him lose his freedom.
Spare a thought for him.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:49 pm

member34258 wrote:
Reports are now coming in that idiots are throwing things at trucks wearing the brand of the trucking company involved. While the trucks are moving!
Also reported that idiots are driving up and down the street the driver lives in hurling abuse at his (empty) house. Are we living in the dark ages people?

Good to see we have these champions of the human race looking after us in our hour of need Rolling Eyes

Agree with all your points member. Indeed, as odd as it may sounds, my heart sank when I heard that the truck driver had survived, because of the terrible burden he'd have to carry.

If the story in the paper is untrue, and his name is later cleared of wrongdoing, I would hope that he sues the paper for defamation. To report such a story without knowing the facts would be a little despicable, to say the least.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:52 pm

Will you mention me in your report?
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:23 pm

Not sure if I am allowed to report this so if not delete this mods, a person jumped infront of the train I was on today. The train slowed down suddenly before Murrumbeena station after 15 minutes we were finally let out of the train not knowing what had happened, we then recieved the news once out of the train, it made me feel sick to the stomach.

This happen very regularly but been involved in it today just makes me realise how tragic it is.

Commisertations to the family.

EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:35 pm

bazdaddy wrote:
Not sure if I am allowed to report this so if not delete this mods, a person jumped infront of the train I was on today. The train slowed down suddenly before Murrumbeena station after 15 minutes we were finally let out of the train not knowing what had happened, we then recieved the news once out of the train, it made me feel sick to the stomach.

This happen very regularly but been involved in it today just makes me realise how tragic it is.

Commisertations to the family.

The train came to dead stop across the boom gates. I Had to wait for a connecting bus. The "suicide" happened about 6pm, so the police officer said. One person can cause such an inconvenience. ( selfish act )

bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:42 pm

It may sound rough but I do agree with you.

I'd say it was well before 6pm, I ended waiting for my friends Dad to pick us up, the busses took far too long.

HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:46 pm

Then again, it may not.
EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:51 pm

I went to Murrumbeena Station @ 8.10pm to catch a train to Caulfield. When the bus arrived it was packed. These are people coming from dandenong heading in-bound. The bus driver told me he was cooking a lamb roast when the call came through for "all hands on deck" so to speak. I then saw buses coming from the in-bound direction and they were packed to the hilt. (major disruption for the selfish act, if ya gonna do ya self in, then don't involve others, unless you've got something important to say) peace and love to you all
HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:53 pm

How did you like Murrumbeena Station @ 8point 10pm to catch a train to Caulfield?
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:54 pm

Indeed it was, chaos everywhere, noone to tell us what to do, basically all left stranded, so tragic yet so selfish.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:50 am

There must be a code in the media not to report suicides in public places, such as using a train, jumping off a building or a bridge. On traffic reports, they are just referred to as "an incident".
HAL 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:54 am

What is on traffic reports they are referred to as an incident like on traffic reports they are referred to as an incident.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: