Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

When Are QLD'ers and NSW's gonna get a fair go

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:36 am
Post subject: When Are QLD'ers and NSW's gonna get a fair goReply with quote

I am speaking here for QLD AND NSW people who suffer because of that other crappy game. Up here after the other Footy show we get the National News(Acceptable). After that we got some black American Comedian Wanker mouthing off stupid jokes for an hour. Then we got our local Win News( in Rockhampton)1/2 hour. Then get this LETTERMAN, another stupid F##king American raving on for an hour. Then do you think we got the AFL FOOTY show? NO. We get Entertainment F##cking tonight. 2.15 am we get to see the footy show. Guys help us pls. I ask all Qld'ers and NSW's to do something about this crap and send a message to that f$$ked up Channel Nine mob( who i will quote would improve telecasts and footy stuff out of sight). Just seems like the same old S**t to me. Thanks for nothing National NINE you Pr$$ks  

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel 9 here in Sydney believe Aussie rules is a stupid game.
I rang them about the Wizard Cup last week and I got 'were not interested in that stupid game....its only for sissies'
I am not impressed with Ch9 or the AFL.
Where is Il Presidente Eddie when you need him.
I would have thought that Ch9 worls have shown a bit more interest,but NO all they are interested in is their stupid BLOODY RL and the ratings....the only game in the world that goes backward (HANDBALL) to go forward and the only game that has 12 blokes in a love triangle in the middle of the field talking about their sex life (hopoate) AND HELD TOGETHER BY A HOOKER.
cOME ON cH9 WAKE UP TO YOURSELF....oUR FELLOWS PLAY FOR THE GLORY OF A pENNANT NOT A BLOODY RATINGS.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:16 pm

We will never be given a fair go.

I learnt that ages ago, and the faster you do, the better.

We have tp put up with hours of that other "sport" (and I use the term loosely) Boofhead League.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:19 pm

New South Welshmen and Queenslanders are going to get a fair go with footy when we move to Victoria. (Come to think of it each year I am getting closer to packing my bags and finding myself down there.)

It bugs me that footy is considered a second class sport here in NSW and we get very little footy on free to air. There has been a slight improvement with channel nine and ten taking charge and we no longer have to wait till after midnight for the friday night games apparently we will get them starting before midnight - I even hear rumours that they will start the footy after the news (no doubt telling us without warning the result in the sports report - I hate it when they do that!)

BWPhantom it is unfortunate that you get the AFL footy show after 2am, I consider our 12.30am start (in Sydney) good compared to the 2am start you are stuck with. Last week we got a 11.30pm start that was a real gem (and we can thank Wankery for that).

Writing this post is just leading me to want to pack my bags and apply to immigrate to Victoria (!) which should be granted on compassionate grounds i.e. suffering serious blood footy deficiency.

Go Pies! You are doing us Proud.

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:13 am

Time to get an email campaign going.

First up we need the right address at channel nine to email. I think emailing direct to Kerrie may be aiming a little high (and also someone who is going to be unsympathetic). We need someone with authority, but on whom pressure (by sheer weight of numbers) can be brought to bear.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 7:18 am

and you'll need to run that campaign on AFL.com just to make sure you get all club supporters involved.

-Craig

We Are Collingwood and you're NOT!!

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:00 am

We have just had the drwa for Ch9,Ch10 and foxtel for the first five rounds and if you are a Cat,Ess Syd or Rich supporter GREAT,but PIES get 3 games and two are at 11:00pm at night.
Who said we were getting a better coverage in Sydney.
What I would like to know is WHY NRL/ARL can have Fox 1&2 for their games and FREE when the AFL have to get another channel and we have to pay for the privilage.
We even get toild in the latest fox mag that Fox 2 is now going to go 24 hours....and its for nothing...WOW....why not put the AFL onto it instead of Gridiron,American baseballand pommie junk.
This Foxtel s***s me and the unfortunate part about it,no-one will stand up for their rights.
I AM CRANKY???????

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:09 am

Further to my earlier post,I have sent an email to AFL general discussion and AFL media on the web site and voicing my disapproval to their attitude to the AFL supporters in Sydney & Brisi.
I dont expect any joy,but I have done it any way.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:29 am

Just found out that up here in Rocky we won't get the Pies vs Tiges game until 2 am. I am not mad now, i think I might take a couple of valium and have a lie down.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Get Smart 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 11:05 am

This is frigging disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Us N.S.W. viewers are being kicked in the guts again by the free to air channels and at this stage Foxtel.
While our friends in the footy states get live games on channel nine every Friday night, we get the bloody League(shit game that it is). Now I believe that Foxtel should honour their agreement(with 9 and 10) of Friday night games by showing Friday night games live into N.S.W.
I was getting it live on Optus all last year for free.
Foxtel SHOULD show live games to the thousands of Afl fanatics that live north of Victoria every Friday night.
We must all ring Foxtel immediately and express our disappointment. I just did. Why should I miss out on what I was getting on Optus last year just because I happen to live in N.S.W.
Come On Foxtel do the right thing. I am not going to watch League on 9, give me the Real Footy, live on Friday Nights.
Gee for someone who is normally calm I am currently irate.
This will mean that I don't get Collingwoods Friday Night games live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Boo Hiss

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 11:22 am

If I followed Rugby League I would be making the same noises as you, because here in Tassie, Rugby gets nothing. Luckily I hate the game and as Tassie is an aussie rules state we get plenty of footy.

TV and radio stations are reactive and they react to ratings. Just as aussie rules is the ratings sport in the southern states, rugby is it in the north. While you're in a state where footy is not the no. 1 winter sport, you are going to get no. 2 treatment by the media.

I'm not saying not to complain, but just suggesting that when nothing happens, not to get ulcers over it. Aussie Rules will be the no. 1 sport throughout the country one day, maybe not this season or next, but it will happen.

Until then I can only commiserate with you people who live in the rugby states. There is a silver lining though, you won't be invaded with house-guests from the south during the winter.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:12 pm

I've gotta say that (with all due respect to PWH) given the amount of pro-Sydney media bias the rest of us put up with, finding out that Sydney misses out for once wont have me crying in my beer.

You might have thought that Queenslanders would be given a better deal, especially given their reigning premier status.

Good luck to you, but its pretty tough to find the Storm games as well (and we should be nice to them - we will share training facilities after all)

Any year we beat Carlton is a good year
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:09 pm

Well we will be in chat again on match day, even though we in Vic only get a delayed broadcast.
Yes folks even victorians are on delay.
Hope there is a radio broadcast so we can keep in touch with live results.

-Craig

We Are Collingwood and you're NOT!!

Bones 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 8:06 pm

I cannot see a reason why Foxtel cannot put the games on LIVE or even the hour delay into NSW, QLD...
What i can gather from Austar is that they have different channel numbers for the different states, is this the same for Foxtel?
As for 9 and 10 interstate??? Not a hope in hell of over-riding the bumsniffers.
One thing that people possibly are no aware of is that large parts of this country DO NOT get channel 10 or its partners.

tony,aus 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:19 am

Copy of e-mail I sent to the AFL

I understood that the new TV rights deal was supposed to ensure we are no worse off?.

Thursday night I cannot watch the OPENING GAME OF THE SEASON LIVE ANYWHERE - FREE TO AIR OR PAY PERVIEW - ONLY A REPLAY AT 11.30PM on 9 network. Can the AFL tell me how I can even get the score???
For the first time in memory there is NO FOOTBALL ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON LIVE FREE TO AIR. Channel 10 are replaying the Essendon v Geelong game at 11.30pm. Nothing on Saturday afternoon except a Britney Spears concert.
Channel 10 have been advertising 2 games on Saturdays,1 in the afternoon and 1 live at 7.30 pm at night. Now I read in today's Telegraph, there is a catch - they will only show the game at 7.30pm if it is a Swans game, otherwise 11.30pm
I written to the AFL on this before, but as usual no response.

This is an outrage, we are far worse off then we have ever been .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: