Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

This sat at Box Hill

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedro 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

14.7.91 - 6.7.43 early in the last
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:40 pm

Who's been the Best?
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:41 pm

Game over

Willy 16.9
Box hill 10.10

Licca had 26 possies

also to play well was davies, stanly, wellingham, isles, wakes, reid 3 goals.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:44 pm

Good to Hear Reid had 3 Goals
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:03 pm

McCaffer 5 goals time for Willy Seniors
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:30 pm

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors
Box Hill Hawks 2.1 4.5 6.7 10.10 (70)
Williamstown 5.3 8.5 13.7 16.10 (106)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Roughead 4 Moss Shore Bull Little Kennedy Ball
Williamstown: Limbach 3 Reid 3 Williams 3 Licuria 2 Nicholls 2 Bryan Cook Dick

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Roughead Smith Dawson Murphy Thurgood Ball
Williamstown: Licuria Davies Johnson Stanley Wellingham Wakelin

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:44 pm

Gee if Wellingham strings a few more bests together he's gonna be in the mix for sure
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:47 pm

I reckon Stanley is next in line. He has put some magic games together (last 3 in the bests), could be a straight swap for tooves..

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:50 pm

Was at the game today, so here's my take on the individual players:

Paul Licuria - very polished return to football, played well and was most likely our best. At the front of the queue for a return next week. On and off the bench, too.

Shannon Cox - another to impress, loved his run out of defence and his cool head under pressure. Should be close to a return next week, injuries pending.

Ryan Cook - really surprised me both across half forward and half back. reads the game well, is a smart player and used the ball ok. May not be far away, though I haven't seen him play in any other matches.

Danny Stanley - ok without being great. Won enough of the ball, particuarly by hand, and was unfortunate to give away two free kicks in defence in the final term, as he was attempting to turn defence into attack.

Sam Iles - handy early but generally not terrific. A few of his touches seemed to bounce before they got to their targets, and though he worked hard, I doubt he'll find a way in next week.

Chris Bryan - had an interesting day. Not bad in the ruck, and solid when in attack. He tackled hard and flew for everything, though he made a few errors both by foot and in fumbling before gathering the ball. That said, should be close to a return against Melbourne next week. One disappointing aspect arrived in the final quarter (early on from memory), when Bryan appealed for a free kick, and turned his back to the play to let the umpire know what he thought of the non-decision, much like Fevola for Carlton against Brisbane a month ago.

Sharrod Wellingham - very impressed with this man. Made an immediate impact off the bench in the first quarter with his hardness and attack on the football and the ball carrier. Worked hard underneath the packs and also found time to have a few bounces here and there. If he were on the senior list, he'd be in my mind for inclusion in the side against Melbourne. Has all the tools to become a more than serviceable wingman, and surprised me with how he played. I was thinking of him along the lines of an outside player who put the cream on the cake - not so. He's a mixture of both on today's evidence, and is one worth keeping an ear out for.

Nathan Brown - hardly prolific, but copped a wrap from Brad Gotch at the three quarter time huddle for reacting swiftly to instructions and outbodying Jarryd Roughead for a mark. Speaking of which, his body work was good on occasions, and seemed to work his way into the game. May take a little while to truly find his feet, which is ok, we have plenty of time. Received a few coaching tips from James Clement during the breaks.

Ben Reid - liked his effort at full forward. Led well and possesses a terrific leap, and is somewhat similar to Travis Cloke in his first year, with his blond hair, left foot and long reach. Booted three goals, too. One query to work on may be positioning, as there were occasions when he was forced to stretch over the top of his opponent for a mark. Heartening signs.

Martin Clarke - another who impressed me, and backed up the praise he's received of late with a good four quarter effort. Runs very hard, is not intimidated and his disposal has no issues at all. Played both back and forward, and without being overly prolific, he showed he may have what it takes.

Ben Davies - ubiquitous. All over the field onball, ran hard and seemed to be involved in nearly every contest. Not flashy but did the job. For all his efforts, I'm honestly not sure if he has the polish to make it at league level, although, at least for the moment, he's a more than handy player to call upon should the midfield be hit by injury. Well played.

Brad Dick - simply oozes class and pace. Adds a touch of magic, and he has a football brain, meaning that he knows where to go and when to shephard, when to knock on and the like. Silky smooth through the midfield on occasions and out of the stoppages, hitting his opponents on the chest. Can't wait until he bulks up, as he's got the x-factor.

Daniel Nicholls - another who was ok without starring. Disposal was good, and his kicking for goal solid.

Shane Wakelin - one of the best early before tapering, which wasn't surprising as the ball rarely came his way. I can't think of a better defender in the VFL (from a club perspective), and he'll be ready to roll when called upon for the seniors. Such a great mentor to the likes of Nathan Brown and Ben Reid.

As for the others, Limbach is one I'd consider drafting next season with a late choice, his leading is excellent, Brett Johnson was handy, Liam Picken attacked the ball and played in patches, while Andrew Williams did some Andrew Williams-like things - some good, and some not so good. Handy nonetheless.

I also saw the last quarter of the reserves match, which saw the side break away to record a handy win. Brent Macaffer was a feature in the run on.

A good day out at the footy, with Bucks, Clement, Burns, Johnson, Lonie, Dawes, Rusling, Geoff Walsh, Alan Richardson, Gavin Brown and David Butterfant looking on.
prowdy12 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:32 pm
Post subject: thanksReply with quote

Thanks Luke good report anybody else got a report for us poor interstaters. Joffa , Dale61, JaJH anybody .
Thanks again Luke

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:41 pm

Glad To See Clarke had a Good Game
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:41 pm

Cheers Luke, great work.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:44 pm

Big T wrote:

Not a bad effort considering he played in the reserves!

2007 TRUenergy VFL Reserves

Box Hill Hawks: 5.4.34 ~ 8.7.55 ~ 10.9.69 ~ 12.13.85
Williamstown: 1.3.9 ~ 3.8.26 ~ 8.10.58 ~ 17.11.113

Goal Kickers: B. MacAffer 5, R. Crawford 2, P. Rose 2, D. Stretton 2, M. Keddell 2, J. Beaumont, S. Toulmin, J. Clark, B. Foley
Best Players: A. Chiu, M. Grossman, P. Rose, D. Stretton, R. Crawford, B. MacAffer

Hooked

Last edited by Dale61 on Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:47 pm

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors

Box Hill Hawks: 2.1.13 ~ 4.5.29 ~ 6.7.43 ~ 10.10.70
Williamstown: 5.3.33 ~ 8.5.53 ~ 13.7.79 ~ 16.10.106

Goal Kickers: A. Williams 3, D. Limbach 3, B. Reid 3, P. Licuria 2, D. Nicholls 2, C. Bryan, R. Cook, B. Dick
Best Players: P. Licuria, B. Davies, B. Johnson, D. Stanley, S. Wellingham, S. Wakelin

Hooked
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:12 am

Dale61 wrote:
Big T wrote:

Not a bad effort considering he played in the reserves!

2007 TRUenergy VFL Reserves

Box Hill Hawks: 5.4.34 ~ 8.7.55 ~ 10.9.69 ~ 12.13.85
Williamstown: 1.3.9 ~ 3.8.26 ~ 8.10.58 ~ 17.11.113

Goal Kickers: B. MacAffer 5, R. Crawford 2, P. Rose 2, D. Stretton 2, M. Keddell 2, J. Beaumont, S. Toulmin, J. Clark, B. Foley
Best Players: A. Chiu, M. Grossman, P. Rose, D. Stretton, R. Crawford, B. MacAffer

Yes, which would be why I said "time for Willy Seniors" indicating he kicked 5 in the reserves and may play seniors for Williamstown next week.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: