Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Work(NO)choices strikes again.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
member34258 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:30 pm
Post subject: Work(NO)choices strikes again.Reply with quote

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21791945-661,00.html

Quote:
The circumstances of her sacking should be fully investigated," Mr Combet said.

But he believed the casual employee was unable to demand her job back under the law

Disgusting.
But thats what we get when our leader wants to be an American state.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why we need these Idiots Liberal Party Out
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Don't believe the union bullshit and it's got nothing to do with workchoices.

If she was sacked for helping Police with an investigation then that's bogus.

However, if you read the article, she's a casual employee and therefore each engagement stands alone. Her employer claims they had no more work for her which is the reason they let her go. She had no right to ongoing employment and could be let go at any time, even PRIOR to the workchoices legislation.

Typical union crap, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

member34258 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:40 pm

stui, stop sprouting right wing propaganda! LOL!

I'm reading the story and...
Quote:
The car-part manufacturer office worker today said her employer told her not to bother to come back when she asked for the day off to attend the police media conference calling for information about the assault.

Not told that she had no hours before she relayed the appointment to the scumbag employer. Told after she informed him that she was not available for work that he had obviously already assigned to her. What don't you get about that?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:54 pm

member34258 wrote:
stui, stop sprouting right wing propaganda! LOL!

I'm reading the story and...
Quote:
The car-part manufacturer office worker today said her employer told her not to bother to come back when she asked for the day off to attend the police media conference calling for information about the assault.

Not told that she had no hours before she relayed the appointment to the scumbag employer. Told after she informed him that she was not available for work that he had obviously already assigned to her. What don't you get about that?

Finish the rest of the quote.

Quote:

She said she had only had the job for a week.

"He (her boss) didn't want me to press ahead with charges," she said.

However, the North Melbourne company denies dumping the woman because she went public over the crime.

A Parker-Williams Pty Ltd spokesman said she was a casual employee and they did not have enough work for her.

IF they sacked her because she took time to make a statement to the police then I agree completely that it's a scumbag act.

My point was, WTF has it got to do with Workchoices? Nothing is what. She was a casual and as such had no tenure and no access to unfair dismissal BEFORE workchoices.

Again the union movement picks on an topic that people think automatically is unfair and by spinning a bit of emotive language and creative licence make it seem like Workchoices was to blame simply to push their agenda. Like I said, they never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

member34258 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:12 pm

Well, let's talk about Tampa, facts and good story.
Or Iraq, facts (WMD) and good story
Let's talk about Children Overboard, facts and good story

Plenty more of these incidents over the last decade. The unions, if they are guilty of your accusation, are doing nothing less than our "Honorable" PM has done in his pursuit of power.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:47 pm

I reckon it's pretty much the story with most politicians and journos there, member.

Why tell the truth when you can make a good story? Been working for the Herald Sun and co for years...

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:51 am

Why would her ex-boss be against her laying charges?

As she didn't know the offender, that rules out he was a fellow employee, so that means he could quite possibly be a family member of the ex-boss.

Hooked
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:39 pm

member34258 wrote:

Plenty more of these incidents over the last decade. The unions, if they are guilty of your accusation, are doing nothing less than our "Honorable" PM has done in his pursuit of power.

Little johny's got nothing on the unions when it comes to pursuit of power. At least the media makes him accountable instead of swallowing BS verbatim like they do with the Unions.

Speaking of pursuit of power, love how little kevy Rudd keeps reinventing his past without substantiation (like being evicted from the house and sleeping in the car when both the home owner and his own uncle deny it ever happened) and the fact that his wife signed off on common law contracts that reduced conditions of employment (potentially illegally) yet they claim it was an accident and the union praises them for rectifying the error rather than crucifying them like they do everyone else they get a sniff of blood from. Rolling Eyes

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
member34258 wrote:

Little johny's got nothing on the unions when it comes to pursuit of power. At least the media makes him accountable instead of swallowing BS verbatim like they do with the Unions.

Speaking of pursuit of power, love how little kevy Rudd keeps reinventing his past without substantiation (like being evicted from the house and sleeping in the car when both the home owner and his own uncle deny it ever happened) and the fact that his wife signed off on common law contracts that reduced conditions of employment (potentially illegally) yet they claim it was an accident and the union praises them for rectifying the error rather than crucifying them like they do everyone else they get a sniff of blood from. Rolling Eyes

Your claim about trade unions getting a fair go in the media has about as much credibility as your claims about Rudd's past and his wife's conduct. Don't bother with the crocodile tears for workers rights Stui, you've already made it perfectly clear where you stand on that issue.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:12 am

stui magpie wrote:

Australia has an accountable press??...that is the funniest thing I've heard in ages!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:37 pm

London Dave wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Australia has an accountable press??...that is the funniest thing I've heard in ages!

Well, I suppose they aren't up to the same standards as the English tabloids. Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:42 pm

nomadjack wrote:

Your claim about trade unions getting a fair go in the media has about as much credibility as your claims about Rudd's past and his wife's conduct. Don't bother with the crocodile tears for workers rights Stui, you've already made it perfectly clear where you stand on that issue.

Whatever. Rolling Eyes Just because you may perceive my beliefs to be right wing because my dealings with Trade Unions mean that I hold the majority of them in contempt doesn't mean I condone unfair treatment or exploitation of people.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:02 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Well, I suppose they aren't up to the same standards as the English tabloids. Wink

The English tabloids do not let people get away with hypocrisy. If they reckon someone's not being entirely honest, they'd go the jugular. They may or may not be your first choice of reading matter, but they at least perform a 'keep the bastards honest' service as opposed to being a 'mouthpiece' for the governemnt. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones mate.

Give me the English tabloids anyday over the sychophantic aussie media.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:14 pm

stui magpie wrote:
nomadjack wrote:

Whatever. Rolling Eyes Just because you may perceive my beliefs to be right wing because my dealings with Trade Unions mean that I hold the majority of them in contempt doesn't mean I condone unfair treatment or exploitation of people.

Fair call Stui. You're right, I was too harsh with that comment. I apologise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: