Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE CLUB

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:57 pm
Post subject: THE CLUBReply with quote

O.K. Thursday nights, Ch 7, 7:30 pm we now have a program to feed our football fanatism. The Club is a show that has a footy club as its theme, not a soap though, a real live and kicking(!) footy club.
Ch. 7 have created a new club from the ground up. It included "auditions" at Colonial a few months ago. From this they have selected a team, entered it in Western Region Football League, and you and me have the opportunity to select the team and the coach.
We also get to pick the guernsey, president and the theme song. Should be a hoot!
Cameras will film training Tues., Thurs. and the match on Saturday, playing highlights on thursday nights. Then we vote! Drop a player? Yep, our choice. Kill the coach? Yep, our choice. Hang the ump? No, not yet, but maybe we can get onto 7!
How many frustrated armchair coaches will love this?!
I think our first vote will be on a coach. At the moment I believe we have a choice of four;
1: Daniel Southern
2: Rene Kink
3: David Rhys-Jones
4: Jenny Ball (sister of Hawks premiership player Reter Russo)

I'll probably be giving Daniel Southern first crack as I listened to him a lot on ABC radio broadcasts last year and was very impressed.
Former North CEO Greg Miller will run the club.

So tune in and let's have a ball!!!!!!

-Craig

We Are Collingwood and you're NOT!!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

greg miller's a nice guy. I wrote him a scathing letter last year about the shift from the scg to manuka oval for the roos v c'wood match in the last round, and I was surprised when he actually called me up at work (I hadn't given him my number) and gave me 2 free tickets to the game.

the show sounds interesting, although I'm at uni on thursdays at that time might have to tape it.

"consectatio excellentiae"
Bones 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT????

NO Tony Shaw...well, bugga me dead, i don't wanna play then..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: